Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, June 18th 2012, 11:24pm

@Gulrix

Yes, i have played console. Before using a pc as my only fps platform, i used to play other fps' with my friends on the xbox. We never used aim assist and we never had a hard time killing things.

@scott

As far as i know, this thread is not off-limits to pc players, and i was, mainly, taking requisix's side, mostly because it's annoying seeing symthiccers advocating aim assist abuse. Other than that, i don't care what settings most console players use.
But why would you call a console player a noob for using aim assist when you clearly don't even play this game on console?

It saddens me that the L85 beats the SCAR-L in every way ;(
Oh M240B, the only automatic gun to exceed 1.0 first shot recoil
Going for 100 stars with the AUG, AN-94, SCAR-L, and ACW-R
#1 with the G17C SUPP.

• "Requisix" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 27th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, June 18th 2012, 11:29pm

I'm a good player on console but compared to your gameplay for example, ToTheSun, my aim and the flow of my movement is extremely bad. Aim Assist is a must.

Here's a easy way to fix this ADS buttom spam aim assist abuse.

When you aim down the sights the effect of aim assist decreases. So say when you aim down the first time the effect has reduced to 66%. If you aim down again without waiting for a certain 'cooldown' (which should be like 3-4secs in total), the effect of aim assist will be reduced. This is just like spread and how it increases/decreases... If we make it that each ADS decreases the aim assist by 33% then after ADSing 3 times within 4 seconds the aim assist is completely gone for the next 4 second period.

My explanation is poor. But that's the principle: constant ADSing within a short space of time reduce the aim assist to a point where there's none.

This is scary. I got told that *a lot* if not all the top console clans abuse aim assist. Very sad, isn't it?
Symthic?

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Monday, June 18th 2012, 11:43pm

@PyaKura i do, but i prefer Doomsday Engine :D

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, June 18th 2012, 11:55pm

Aim assist it fine. It helps put the console players in the mild region of an average PC players (accuracy wise). Aim assist abuse and whoring like this is crap

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? 170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

Date of registration
: May 2nd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 12:00am

Alright I'll ask him.

And no one said Aim Assist was really *nooby* because it's pretty vital for Consoles. But the funny thing is that if WE NEVER had Aim Assist in the first place, everyone would adapt and no one would really have a problem. It all has to do with your Sensitivity for console. There are certain sweet spots that allow you turn fast enough/aim fast enough but still have good drag speed in order for more precision shooting. Also, it helps to mentally take notes when you aim and fire, to later correct the things you are doing wrong. Most people I think on console they just roughly point at the target and kind of hope it'll kill them. Or some people just aim and correct their aim by moving sideways, etc. Try practicing these exercises:

1) Start off by ADS to a stationary target that is about "decent" range (10-20m). Now move side to side in different lengths while still maintaining the target on the cross hairs. Now go faster, and keep on practicing. So in actual CQ gunfights you'll notice you aim go dramatically up.

2) When stationary at some map. Take the time to imagine 3 "points" of entry for imaginary enemies. Then, without ADS'ing, rotate yourself to that spot and ADS in as quick as you can. See how off your aim is. Then rotate back to another spot and ADS. Keep on doing this until you get perfect Snap and Zoom.

^ My [Gun Lover's] Sig (Type It In): 945k+ Hits! // Still Fixing KDR... // Current KDR Avg: 2.5~3.0
EDM Music Producer, Process @ Signing With Utra Records, Hit Me Up If You Want To Collab!
YT Channel (Under Construction, Add Me!)

:|
360 Leaderboards:
- Noob @ AN-94 // My Best: 1036 RPM
- 1%-4% Multiple Categories
- Defibrillator Kills: 1

Xbox: FEEDxMExMOAR
PC: Soon.

<('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>

Sao

(680)

Date of registration
: Jan 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 12:44am

Alright I'll ask him.

And no one said Aim Assist was really *nooby* because it's pretty vital for Consoles. But the funny thing is that if WE NEVER had Aim Assist in the first place, everyone would adapt and no one would really have a problem. It all has to do with your Sensitivity for console. There are certain sweet spots that allow you turn fast enough/aim fast enough but still have good drag speed in order for more precision shooting. Also, it helps to mentally take notes when you aim and fire, to later correct the things you are doing wrong. Most people I think on console they just roughly point at the target and kind of hope it'll kill them. Or some people just aim and correct their aim by moving sideways, etc. Try practicing these exercises:

1) Start off by ADS to a stationary target that is about "decent" range (10-20m). Now move side to side in different lengths while still maintaining the target on the cross hairs. Now go faster, and keep on practicing. So in actual CQ gunfights you'll notice you aim go dramatically up.

2) When stationary at some map. Take the time to imagine 3 "points" of entry for imaginary enemies. Then, without ADS'ing, rotate yourself to that spot and ADS in as quick as you can. See how off your aim is. Then rotate back to another spot and ADS. Keep on doing this until you get perfect Snap and Zoom.

I turn aim assit off. Just due to muscle memory in my thumbs I find it easier to use it with out. TBH I have no problem people using it. And if they want to whore it, let them, I hope they are having fun as their screen has an epileptic fit. I enjoy setting up that perfect moving headshot. Plus with multiple enemys it allows you to change target when you want!

My Video

I used to be an asker like you, then I took a search bar to the knee....

Date of registration
: May 2nd 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 12:47am

Yup, totally agree! I remember when somehow my Aim Assist turned off. So for about 3-4 days I played without it. I did say to myself "wow why is my aim kinda off?" I definitely felt something really weird happened to my game. Then I realized...it did make a difference, but now I'm playing without it and it has been much better!

^ My [Gun Lover's] Sig (Type It In): 945k+ Hits! // Still Fixing KDR... // Current KDR Avg: 2.5~3.0
EDM Music Producer, Process @ Signing With Utra Records, Hit Me Up If You Want To Collab!
YT Channel (Under Construction, Add Me!)

:|
360 Leaderboards:
- Noob @ AN-94 // My Best: 1036 RPM
- 1%-4% Multiple Categories
- Defibrillator Kills: 1

Xbox: FEEDxMExMOAR
PC: Soon.

<('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 12:53am

LOL, the only time I was ever dragged from target to target was back in 2007. I remember it like it was yesterday. I was playing Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. The snowy map "BLOCK"
I was dragged from a sniper to a dude running down the hallway past me between us.

It has never happened to me in BF3. But I know it can. Aim assist hasn't costed me kills but its gotten me some (directly meaning that it has costed others kills)

Aim assist isn't nooby per say. But... Not once do I recall anyone asking for Aim assist to be buffed... And I feel the game was fine without it.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 1:29am

But why would you call a console player a noob for using aim assist when you clearly don't even play this game on console?
Well, i didn't mean aim assist as a whole, though; i should have worded my thoughts more carefully. I was referring mostly to what was displayed on that video. If i understood correctly, when you unzoom and go back to ADS, auto-aim quickly locks onto your nearest enemy. Unless i'm wrong, wouldn't that be considered almost cheating? I mean...

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 1:32am

I'm a good player on console but compared to your gameplay for example, ToTheSun, my aim and the flow of my movement is extremely bad. Aim Assist is a must.

Here's a easy way to fix this ADS buttom spam aim assist abuse.

When you aim down the sights the effect of aim assist decreases. So say when you aim down the first time the effect has reduced to 66%. If you aim down again without waiting for a certain 'cooldown' (which should be like 3-4secs in total), the effect of aim assist will be reduced. This is just like spread and how it increases/decreases... If we make it that each ADS decreases the aim assist by 33% then after ADSing 3 times within 4 seconds the aim assist is completely gone for the next 4 second period.

My explanation is poor. But that's the principle: constant ADSing within a short space of time reduce the aim assist to a point where there's none.

This is scary. I got told that *a lot* if not all the top console clans abuse aim assist. Very sad, isn't it?
I wasn't really talking about you, though. As i said, i was trying to take your side. I'd bet you don't abuse aim assist, and, therefore, i wouldn't lump you with the rest.