Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, June 18th 2012, 10:06pm

On a side note, aim assist doesn't lose you kills. This whole thing of "I'm aiming at an enemy but another enemy passes by and my aim assist follows him"

Yes it does. Have you ever been jittered between 2 targets because the aim assist couldn't decide who to lock on to? Or has a enemy ran past as soon as you hit LT to aim at someone else and it pulls your aim right in between?
It hasn't happened to me (or maybe it has but it's not significant enough to lose me a kill) and i'm a colonel 100. The thing is, the extremely rare times when that circumstance MIGHT lose you a kill isn't a good enough reason at all to turn off aim assist. It GAINS you hundreds of kills you wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

It saddens me that the L85 beats the SCAR-L in every way ;(
Oh M240B, the only automatic gun to exceed 1.0 first shot recoil
Going for 100 stars with the AUG, AN-94, SCAR-L, and ACW-R
#1 with the G17C SUPP.

Pheozero

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, June 18th 2012, 10:06pm

Exploiting built-in hacks? Aim assist shouldnt be there anyways in any game, except DOOM where u actually cant aim up/down.

It is kinda hard to aim in a FPS with thumbsticks.

PyaKura

Password Giver

(327)

Date of registration
: Apr 5th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, June 18th 2012, 10:17pm

@KaLash : Do you know Skulltag ? It's a "real" FPS based on Doom universe (Go and type Skulltag on Youtube). It's a multiplayer game with the standard game and mods, and you can control your view like in every other FPS. :)

The aim assist is just disadvantaging me. It takes me away from my target.
Ded.

Date of registration
: May 2nd 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, June 18th 2012, 10:19pm

I never knew about this. Aim-Assist never really helps me and have played it off (to my suprise..I didn't even know). But oh shit. I just realized something you can do on the controller where every time you ADS the gun with shoot automatically, just by taping some buttons down..hmm gonna go test.

^ My [Gun Lover's] Sig (Type It In): 945k+ Hits! // Still Fixing KDR... // Current KDR Avg: 2.5~3.0
EDM Music Producer, Process @ Signing With Utra Records, Hit Me Up If You Want To Collab!
YT Channel (Under Construction, Add Me!)

:|
360 Leaderboards:
- Noob @ AN-94 // My Best: 1036 RPM
- 1%-4% Multiple Categories
- Defibrillator Kills: 1

Xbox: FEEDxMExMOAR
PC: Soon.

<('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>

Pheozero

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, June 18th 2012, 10:25pm

I never knew about this. Aim-Assist never really helps me and have played it off (to my suprise..I didn't even know). But oh shit. I just realized something you can do on the controller where every time you ADS the gun with shoot automatically, just by taping some buttons down..hmm gonna go test.

Sounds ok in theory, but not in execution. It seems the aim assist operates within a certain distance. Plus shooting every time you aim just lowers accuracy and gives away your position while scouting among other things.

Date of registration
: May 2nd 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, June 18th 2012, 10:40pm

^ Yeah. But it's a weird concept. Everytime I would ADS in/out it would fire. Using the AN-94 could be interesting but still impractical i'll admit.

^ My [Gun Lover's] Sig (Type It In): 945k+ Hits! // Still Fixing KDR... // Current KDR Avg: 2.5~3.0
EDM Music Producer, Process @ Signing With Utra Records, Hit Me Up If You Want To Collab!
YT Channel (Under Construction, Add Me!)

:|
360 Leaderboards:
- Noob @ AN-94 // My Best: 1036 RPM
- 1%-4% Multiple Categories
- Defibrillator Kills: 1

Xbox: FEEDxMExMOAR
PC: Soon.

<('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, June 18th 2012, 10:58pm

^ Yeah. But it's a weird concept. Everytime I would ADS in/out it would fire. Using the AN-94 could be interesting but still impractical i'll admit.
Pm scotty about this. He has mastered it.

DEFIBRILLATION CULT
Got to colonel 100 legit...got reset. Guess i'm on the way back there again.
Message me on xbox (gt is Gulrix) if you wanna play with someone.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, June 18th 2012, 11:06pm

@Gulrix

Yes, i have played console. Before using a pc as my only fps platform, i used to play other fps' with my friends on the xbox. We never used aim assist and we never had a hard time killing things.

@scott

As far as i know, this thread is not off-limits to pc players, and i was, mainly, taking requisix's side, mostly because it's annoying seeing symthiccers advocating aim assist abuse. Other than that, i don't care what settings most console players use.

Date of registration
: Jun 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Monday, June 18th 2012, 11:20pm

Aim Assist

Well some people here are really starting to annoy me saying that aim assist is nooby.
I play on xbox and never turn it off because there is no reason to.
I don't understand why you would think it is nooby, why would you put yourself at a disadvantage over everyone else? Unless you really like to do that but even if you do, you can't call people who use it noobs because it is your choice to turn it off!
Also, many people are saying that if you get stuck between people, it cannot decide which to lock on to and that has never happened to me personally.

#1 in the world for KA-60 Kasatka Kills!

This post by "scott24z" (Monday, June 18th 2012, 11:20pm) has been deleted by the author himself (Monday, June 18th 2012, 11:22pm)