Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Eternal-Pacifist" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 4th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:12pm

I voated a bit of bouth, its a good deal but some people dont have the money to buy all the expantions at the same time though i dont see how if they could scrape up the cash to buy the game.

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:18pm

Mathematically its a good deal. Assuming each DLC is priced at $15 dollars each, you save $10 if you own B2K and $25 if you don't. However the best part is that EA/Dice managed to sell you the same game twice in the end. Having all these backroom time based exclusive releases, milking customers through DLC and repeat yearly releases ala COD style, and forcing early releases is not good for the gaming community. Sadly this is the direction I see EA/Dice going in. :thumbdown:

Although I don't support EA's marketing tactics, I bought premium simply because it saves me a little money.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Piratoz" (Jun 5th 2012, 4:24pm)

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:19pm

The same goes for server donators in which you get an assured VIP slot when you pay a certain fee.
It's what keeps private hosted servers alive.

It existed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before BF3 Premium.

Pay to win, that's a weird argument since I believe dog tags, camos, and knife reskins aren't equipable magic cards or gems which has an effect, or was I wrong?

I didn't buy any of those unlocks since I've unlocked them all in less than 200 hours. (Well, kinda) And that was time well spent. There isn't any major difference between a newbie pilot who has everything vs a decent pilot who just has flares.

You don't and won't buy skill gained through experience. BF3 is an objective based game, I have personally fought with extreme killing machines on a Conquest 32vs32, he was dominating as a foot soldier with a K/D of 40-8.

His team apparently lost because we had better flag capturing tactics.

A boost to improve your chances might be nice and all, but it's so marginal that it doesn't really tip the balance as what some who make a big deal out of it.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:20pm

Many people are devoted fans who absolutely *will* buy the new DLC no matter what; I wouldn't say I'm super-devoted personally, but even if I was only going to extensively play 3 out of 4 of the DLC, I feel like the early access makes it worthwhile. I like to see the Premium service as something that rewards the devoted fans--they spend less money than they were going to in the first place, and they get a couple of aesthetic perks and early access to go on top of that.

The price of the Premium service is NOT what we should be having a discussion about, since it saves you money on the DLC. The REAL thing that should be discussed is whether each "expansion" should actually be priced at $15, since the value of the Premium service is only established in relation to how much you are spending on DLC in the first place.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:22pm

been playing it for about 6 months, i dont know about the rest of you but i normaly buy and get bored of 3 games in 6 months but i havnt cause ive been playing BF3, ive gotten more than my money's worth from this game and ill gladly pay them doubble for even more content.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:26pm

The price of the Premium service is NOT what we should be having a discussion about, since it saves you money on the DLC. The REAL thing that should be discussed is whether each "expansion" should actually be priced at $15, since the value of the Premium service is only established in relation to how much you are spending on DLC in the first place.
In my opinion 4 maps and a handful of weapons/vehicles shouldn't be priced at $15. It should be closer to $10 or even 5.

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(814)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:28pm

Additional info on the queue priority.

Back then, there was ALOT of private owned servers hosted by different hosts like Fragnetics etc. (I do not know "your" localized hosting) They cost a certain fee to maintain and is most definitely not free.

You have clans buying these servers for 3-6 months or even a full year just to save some bits of cash and a few perks it comes with like free Ventrilo servers. Where do they get the money? Clan members and various good willed donators.

What do the clan members and good willed donators get in turn? VIP status.

VIP status back then IS way way way way way harsher than queue priority that you would cry.

Imagine, the server is full, you're not a VIP member, and suddenly, a VIP called the admin and said : "D00d, I want to join your game, I'm a VIP"

And the admin will go : "Ok d00d, I'mma kick this non-VIP" (It was even automated sometimes)

But it was all fine and dandy, we specifically entered a server that said Non VIP members will be kicked to make room, or something like that.

But you get the picture, if you compare queue priority to the VIP status of before, then I'd say take it or leave it.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:28pm

In my opinion 4 maps and a handful of weapons/vehicles shouldn't be priced at $15. It should be closer to $10 or even 5.

than dont pay it if you dont want it, dont cry about how its not fair other people have it if its not worth buying for you.

personaly i want the DLCs plus doubble exp weekends every month

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:30pm

Additional info on the queue priority.

Back then, there was ALOT of private owned servers hosted by different hosts like Fragnetics etc. (I do not know "your" localized hosting) They cost a certain fee to maintain and is most definitely not free.

You have clans buying these servers for 3-6 months or even a full year just to save some bits of cash and a few perks it comes with like free Ventrilo servers. Where do they get the money? Clan members and various good willed donators.

What do the clan members and good willed donators get in turn? VIP status.

VIP status back then IS way way way way way harsher than queue priority that you would cry.

Imagine, the server is full, you're not a VIP member, and suddenly, a VIP called the admin and said : "D00d, I want to join your game, I'm a VIP"

And the admin will go : "Ok d00d, I'mma kick this non-VIP" (It was even automated sometimes)

But it was all fine and dandy, we specifically entered a server that said Non VIP members will be kicked to make room, or something like that.

But you get the picture, if you compare queue priority to the VIP status of before, then I'd say take it or leave it.
+1 Well Said.

Date of registration
: May 31st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 4:31pm

It is a complete pandora's box, as you'll see in my rant from earlier
PS3: fustyferret148
New TV, no input lag! WOOP WOO- ahh, forget it.

Freds quotes of the year

Quoted from "Nick30075"

Hey, my mother cut my hair! It saved me ten bucks, four of which I had to spend on a hat.

Quoted from "Oscar"

I for one don't oppose boob assimilation! BRING IT ON! (. Y .)

Quoted from "ASG M14 manual"

Shooting at people may result in punishment

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Beer and IRC chat is probably a good idea

Quoted from "chat shenanigans"

<22:54> Revolver_0celo7: yo dick is a sausage
<22:54> fredofthewoods: ALL THE FAT CHICKS LOVE IT

Resident ofSymthicia!!

Athemoe worries me sometimes...