Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Autosynthesis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 1:19pm

Could we solve the Ammo Issue?

So as we all know 95% of all pub players don't understand the meaning of the words 'Ammo, give me ammo!', and at least 20% of them aren't even aware of the fact supports carry ammo. So I was thinking - what if we made it possible to resupply just by standing within a 1-2M radius of a support player? You would get ammo, but they wouldn't get points because they didn't do anything. Ammo box would still be better because it gives points, you don't have to chase after it and it would have a larger resupply radius but I think it's a reasonably good idea to allow players to acctually get things done rather than chasing the braindead half way around the map until he dies so you can pick up his kit for ammo.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

timminatorr

Dutch masterrace

(490)

Date of registration
: Mar 24th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 1:24pm

Great idea. Much better then my idea of giving a player 1000 points for giving ammo.

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(798)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 1:27pm

Back to BF2, supports and engies inside vehicles auto heal within a radius.

I'm having doubts about the ammo issue since I play on mostly Asian servers (Which most of them aren't really English proficient)

So, we're going to have TUTORIAL MODES! Yes, like how America's Army or ARMA had a boot camp you have to fulfill before playing.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration
: Dec 30th 2011

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 1:30pm

Maybe you have to be directly touching them and even then it is a slower, maybe half speed? Because it feels like 1-2m is the radius for resupplying anyways. And instead of no points, they get 1/5 points, so 2 for a random resupply, and 4 for a quad resupply. That would let them know that someone needs ammo and if they wants points, they need to put down a box, otherwise the player will still get ammo, but they won't be rewarded significantly. Also, if they want to earn resupply ribbons, it has to be with the box.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? 170..." :(
Also, why does the RANDOM thread have a topic?

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

• "Autosynthesis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 1:32pm

Maybe you have to be directly touching them and even then it is a slower, maybe half speed? Because it feels like 1-2m is the radius for resupplying anyways. And instead of no points, they get 1/5 points, so 2 for a random resupply, and 4 for a quad resupply. That would let them know that someone needs ammo and if they wants points, they need to put down a box, otherwise the player will still get ammo, but they won't be rewarded significantly. Also, if they want to earn resupply ribbons, it has to be with the box.

This sounds good. I said 1-2 radius because acctually touching them could be a little finnicky, especially if they are standing on rocks or something making it difficult.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 1:49pm

Yeah, true, but otherwise they don't know who is resupplying etc. 95% of players are blind to the little icons above players.

Sig

The T-90 is a challenge, the BTR-90 is going to kill everyone in a 100 meter radius and go flying off a hill into a helicopter only to drive off while the corpse of the Cobra it just went through is being dragged through the beach on Oman.
The game will include a fully automatic An-94 launcher, literally firing Abakans at 600 RPM.
clicky
I expect rep.
If J3ST3R is dead, I think I just heard the entity that is grammar let out a sigh of relief...
To say nothing of the inordinate expense incurred by adding functionality to the gun that I may not ever use.
IKEA is the problem! Its all Desksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesksdesks but oh, oh the second you say you want a table they chuckle and say "A table? You mean a kitchen table? How about a bedside table? Oh! Oh you must mean a dining room table!" and I'm like "NO! NO I JUST WANT A STANDARD, BLACK, BORING TABLE!" and they look at me then smile and go "You mean this? 170..." :(

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

Riesig

(798)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 1:59pm

So can we go back to the time that there's an accompanying chat note about : REQUESTING AMMO

Instead of useless voice / radio ?
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Suiizide

Resident Pro

(744)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 2:08pm

That might work for PC, but where does that leave us console players?

Sig

clicky
I expect rep.

Why do fish have legs?
Fucking dutch.

altered

altered his username

(728)

Date of registration
: Feb 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 2:19pm

That might work for PC, but where does that leave us console players?

Find a jeep -> drive towards retarded support guy -> exit the jeep before you hit him so he dies from bad luck -> take his kit and drop a ammo crate -> take back your kit and revive him if you are assault
Of course this answer was meant to be funny more than an actual solution but i have actually done that a couple times when i got fed up with jumping around like a monkey in front of a support guy.
I am part of that power which would the evil ever do and ever does the good.

Are you a Symthican and a PC BF3 player?

A catfish has appeared!

Help represent Symthic on the battlefield.
Join Team Symthic!

"If it revolves around DICE physics...i will find a way to abuse it in some ridiculous manor, that you can count on" - elementofprgress

Riesig

(798)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, June 3rd 2012, 2:19pm

Makes no difference other than a chatbox appearing together with your request.

Methods of requesting stuff remains the same, quick press or commo rose.
I'm a tsundere tentacle