Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "stalaggtIKE" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 18th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, May 26th 2012, 7:35pm

Random Tips/Hints

List unknown tips or hints that you take for granted. Perhaps others can learn from them.

Gadgets/Equipment
  • Grenades can be used to locate enemies (they shout if it flies near them).
  • You can delay grenade toss - hold trigger while tossing grenade, release trigger to toss grenade.
  • Jump and toss grenade, to achieve greater distance. Toss it at an arc to detonate the second it hits the ground.
  • C4 can be placed higher on wall by looking up; this allows you to blow up second story.
  • Spawn beacon can be used to drift on top of buildings/cranes (I'm sure this is well known)
  • You can toggle laser/tac light while reloading.
  • If you use ADS toggle, bind the key for laser on/off to the same key ADS is bind (usually RMB) for auto laser toggle. - s0urce
  • You don't have to wait for lock-on to destroy gadgets with MAV. Simply line up with cross hair and pull trigger.
  • MAV can destroy claymore. Its projectile has splash damage, so it can destroy clumped gadgets in one shot
  • MAV spot enemies on minimap through multiple planes (not height dependent) without being manned; fly it to an unreachable roof
  • When reviving players, hold fire button to keep defib extended.
  • Blow up enemy mines/claymores with 44 magnum and/or REX. - Autosynthesis

Maps

• [Seine Crossing] Access second floor from ledge on Seine Crossing: http://youtu.be/0SwMMZ7nNvQ - english
  • [Seine Crossing/OP Metro] Aim explosives (RPG/M320) at high ledges to crush enemies with falling debris. - Davidusa94
  • [Noshahr Canals] Use water to limit flanking: Stand with your back to the water right before it forces you into swim mode (Ex. incline from the sea on Noshahr Canals). If someone tries to come behind you they can't attack.
  • [Metro] Access third floor with explosives near Cafe on Metro: http://youtu.be/wvODiSa5aXc - fredofthewoods

Techniques
  • Spotting from the hip (several targets can be spotted simultaneous with this method).
  • Squad perk can be changed before being revived, if quick enough. The new perk is then active.
  • Climbing ladder or jumping in water cancels your reload animation; it doesn't cancel reload duration however.
  • After accepting revive, immediately go prone to cancel rest of standing animation.
  • Cut vault animation by, ADS as you jump over obstacle.
  • Use camo to blend in with enemies instead of environment.
  • Want enemy to come out of cover? Toggle off laser/tac light. They will assume you have retreated and leave cover.
  • Chat: K- to teammates, L- to squad. Too many times I see people broadcast there uber tactic. LOL.
  • Replenish health/ammo through walls. It's not necessary to stand directly on health/ammo pack just near them.
  • Jump toss Med/Ammo pack at an angle to toss further. - SNEAKYPEEPEE
  • ADS around corners; you will have the jump on shotgun and hip fire
  • Engineer ESP - Engineer receives "hold [R] to pick up" message when near Claymore/C4/Mines, use this as an alert and clear them from a safe distance. - s0urce
  • No spawn protection from knife takedown. - english
  • When spawning in, do not move (W,A,S,D) to stay invulnerable for 2 seconds. :http://youtu.be/u3md26xuIVY -
    noupperlobeman

Vehicles
  • You will bail a vehicle where your gun is facing. So if you're in a tank, and point your turret toward the back, then exit the vehicle, you magically appear behind the vehicle. This is great for people in the 2nd seat of a tank so they can safely bail the tank and repair without getting shot. - FEEDxMExMOAR
  • CITV station has the fastest rotation speed of any MBT seat. As a repair tech you can use this to quickly spin to the appropriate repair angle. - Hazzard
  • When encountering a vehicle and you're unarmed turn away and prone (changing your silhouette). Our eyes are trained to detect the frontal human silhouette naturally. If you're hiding in a rubble or something, you may survive the attack by doing this. - -NYrecon-
  • Cover vehicle with IR smoke before repairing. - ToTheSun!

If you learn something new REP that person!

Please just call me, Ike.

This post has been edited 36 times, last edit by "stalaggtIKE" (Aug 7th 2012, 1:43am)

Date of registration
: Apr 29th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, May 26th 2012, 7:40pm

List unknown tips or hints that you take for granted. Perhaps others can learn from them. If you learn something new REP!
  • Spotting from the hip (several targets can be spotted simultaneous with this method).
  • Grenades can be used to locate enemies (they shout if it flies near them).
  • You can change your squad perk before being revived.
  • Spawn beacon can be used to drift on top of buildings (I'm sure this is well known, but was surprised that some people on my server didn't)
WAIT! WHUT?! you can change your perk before beign revived?! HOWS!?
In all the excitement, I can't remember if I fired all six shots, or only five. But, seeing as how this is a .44 magnum, most powerful handgun in the world, and will blow your head clean off? I guess the question you should be asking yourself is: Do you feel lucky. Well, do ya? PUNK?!

• "stalaggtIKE" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, May 26th 2012, 7:51pm

WAIT! WHUT?! you can change your perk before beign revived?! HOWS!?
Must be quick and select before you are revived.

Please just call me, Ike.

Date of registration
: Apr 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, May 26th 2012, 7:51pm

Use the 'pillaring' tactic in a tank v tank/IFV v IFV battle. I can't believe the amount of people who don't do it.

When you're in a tank or an IFV try to be on the move constantly. RPGs will miss you, enemy vehicles will have a hard time...

And don't push too aggressive, or else you get surrounded and die.
Symthic?

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, May 26th 2012, 8:31pm

The Rex and Magnum can blow up enemy mines, so if you enjoy a free 120 points every time you cross a road give them a shot.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Saturday, May 26th 2012, 8:45pm

ALWAYS cover your tank in smoke when you exit to repair it. That's instant protection vs lock-ons. It has saved my life a couple of times.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, May 26th 2012, 11:37pm

An infantry tactic: Baiting. Baiting is when there's an enemy in a good cover position round a corner (for example) who's got the advantage on you. Get your friend/clanmate/whatever to jump out into the open, and either run back or deliberately let them kill him. This will make anyone round the corner shoot him, thus they'll be distracted and you can quickly peek and pick off 1/2. You may even be able to revive your friend (if he has died).

This 'baiting' technique (from rivaLxfactor) is useful in clan matches, but in pubs too. Just use that noob who turns round a corner like a headless chicken as bait :D.
Symthic?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, May 26th 2012, 11:45pm

Also, people often forget you can throw grenades OVER stuff. I'm serious. A lot of people have a mentality that to throw a grenade at someone/something, you need to have a direct line of sight. I throw grenades over things very frequently - over buildings, walls, whatever. This way, 1) I don't risk getting shot in the face because I don't have line of sight with the enemy, 2) It can often result in more grenade kills as the enemy is unaware that anyone has even thrown a grenade (as they can't see you) and because a lot of people seem to have the mentality above, they don't expect grenades to be thrown above things.

A great place to throw grenades 'above' things is on Bazaar, going into Alleyway through that side entrance close to Square. When turning round the corner, I stand as far back as possible, against the wall, and throw a grenade high over the space between the two balconies in the corner building. This works so much, as no one even expects a grenade to be there, or for it to be possible to be THROWN there, and the grenade explodes almost instantly on impact.
Symthic?

Aenonar

Data Analyzer

(2,796)

Date of registration
: Dec 16th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 20

Saturday, May 26th 2012, 11:53pm

• You can cook grenade - hold trigger while tossing grenade, release trigger to toss grenade.
  • C4 can be placed higher on wall by looking up; this allows you to blow up second story.

You can cook grenades by selecting them in the inventory and then firing it like normal, just hold the trigger to cook it
If you jump and throw C4 at the same time you can get it even higher, about 1 meter even. Jumping and throwing it at the top of the jump makes you throw it when you reach the ground again, slight delay on the toss.

Quoted

(14:06:57) Riesig: I should stop now. People might get sig material again

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 12:58am

Req's mention of bait reminds me of my favourite C4 tactic. Find the loudest gun you can (an LMG does well) and a nice doorway or building you can set up in. Place the C4 down in a reasonably concealed position and begin firing! If you get the placement right you should draw in enemies like they're magnetic and they will wander straight into your C4. Also works with claymores but the detonation is less reliable and you can cover less angles because you cannot carry so many.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.