Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "eyescovered" started this thread

Date of registration
: May 14th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, May 14th 2012, 3:17am

Vehicle Ammo Limit

Just throwing this one out there...

Why do vehicles have infinite ammo/countermeasures/fuel? An engineer has a handful of rockets and yet the jet/heli has infinite chaff. A tank is almost unstoppable since they have reactive armor and you can't hide or get near them due to proximity scan.

I am not against having vehicles. It's what sets BF3 apart from the rest. I just think they need to put a limit to these crazy kill streaks players go on and give soldiers on ground a fighting chance.

Date of registration
: Apr 20th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Monday, May 14th 2012, 4:02am

that would be cool.

jeeps 400rds
tanks 15rds main 200rds coaxil, gunner has 400rds

can resupply at spawn
Support>Assault>Engineer>Recon [Will play the class need the most by our team.]
[Support - Defend/XM25][Assault - ACE23 or SAR21/M320][Recon - 870MCS/motion sensors}
Flags over kills.

CLICK>>>MY BATTLELOG <<<CLICK

XBOX - Tapap
^Feel free to send me a friend request^
^please msg me in game also so i know where you're from^

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, May 14th 2012, 4:09am

Oh yes. Back to the old 1942/Desert Combat style. I hope this happens again one day in BF but I think that it is unlikely. Odd that you have unlimited rounds even in Hard Core.

Still I remember that an Ammo pack would resupply your tank. Never understood how but it was cool.

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(798)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, May 14th 2012, 5:42am

Perfect, think of all the points that would be had on a firestorm vehicle mountain camper with an infinite resupply box beside it.
PAD ALL THE WAY.

The vehicle ammo system would indeed add some "bravery deterrent" to the vehicle whores right now, and would make it interesting. I'm fine with it, but the resupply pad should be fixed somehow.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration
: Dec 19th 2011

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Monday, May 14th 2012, 6:45am

I think it would be cool, kinda like the jet fuel from bf2. Like you had to land your chopper at spawn, and "resupply" for like 10 secs. Would be realistic and would make vehicles even more dynamic. As a tank driver "do i really need to spray 15 shells into this building hoping for a kill?" I would love this.

DEFIBRILLATION CULT
Got to colonel 100 legit...got reset. Guess i'm on the way back there again.
Message me on xbox (gt is Gulrix) if you wanna play with someone.

Riesig

(798)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, May 14th 2012, 7:09am

The gunner should also have overheat and 100 round mags.
So we won't have stupid gunners giving our position away firing at absolutely nothing.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, May 14th 2012, 9:04am

Nah, it's fine as it is. People go on killstreaks with tanks because people in pubs are incapable of intelligent thought. 2 or 3 engineers teaming up can destroy a tank as easily as with only a rocket each.

And don't forget about helis and jets. You, basically, have 3 different enemies and you can only expect to easily kill one of them.

Riesig

(798)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, May 14th 2012, 9:17am

I do wonder, if this was implemented, we'd actually have jet campers.

Yes, the nooby jet and helo pilots would be further ineffective by staying at their nice cozy bases and will be resupplied everytime.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Haemoglobin

Soft Drink Trafficker

(667)

Date of registration
: Feb 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, May 14th 2012, 11:01am

I think that it would be nice to limit ammo just because of the tactical implications.

Not sure how to stop the ammo padding - it would be excessive to make tanks drive back to base - possible solution is that there is a resupply area around each flag you hold, if you sit and park up in those spots you get re-armed. Would stop supply kit whoring and add some utility value to holding flags. Air vehicles would still find it easiest to respawn back at base ala previous battlefield games.
I sprint outside my building and judder my way around the block, screaming obscenities at the neighbors before getting stuck on a small hedge and blacking out.
Prepares me perfectly for my in game experience.

Quoted from "LucidNonsenze"

Noobs deserve better!

Quoted from "tehmoriz"

turning on my desk lamp causes my computer to play the "usb disconnected" sound

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2011

Battlelog:

Monday, May 14th 2012, 12:44pm

Unstoppable? now are easy kill for infantry (rpgs, javelins, C4, landmines,...), helicopters and jets (with their raygun rockets), not to mention other tanks, reduced repairing speed and cardboard armor.

The main problem is that surely you try to destroy a tank only by yourself. A squad or even a couple of engineers can take out a tank easily, with the increased threat of javelins most tanks equip now smoke so cannot use the IR optics and therefore landmines are a serious weapon, even taking into account that they survive the owner. Teamwork is the key, I think this is not a game for lonewolf players. I got many tank kills with rpg/smaw when going with a teammate, and using the long range javelin the proximity scan is useless.

Limited ammo promotes near spawn camping of vehicles. Nevertheless, can be interesting to try it as an option in servers and not as a permanent game modification.