Symthic Forum was shut down on January 11th, 2019. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2019-01-09 at 00:43. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "DolamiteD" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 6th 2012

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, May 11th 2012, 6:14pm

Dates for Maps, double XP and "battlefield premium"

WOW.

New DLC, Content Service, and Double XP Weekend

Quoted

We've got some exclusive (unofficial, but from a very reliable source) news and some new dates for you all. It looks like EA/DICE is rolling out a premium content service, and are also planning to drop 5th expansion after their previously announced End Game DLC. In addition, there will be a DOUBLE XP WEEKEND this weekend, May 12th - 14th!

Battlefield Premium : June 4th

Quoted

Battlefield™ Premium will land you a number of content drops with unique in-game items not available anywhere else. First out is the one-of-a-kind Premium knife and black dog tag, plus a set of soldier camos, weapon camos, dog tags and Assignments that will make sure you stand out and get more personalization options.
</ASIDE>Close Quarters : June 12th

June 2012 : Guide
Get the upper hand with this strategy guide, teaching you how to improve and become an even more skilled player.

August 2012: Bonus Content

Fall 2012 : Armored Kill

Winter 2012 : End Game

March 2013 : 5th Expansion Pack (still untitled)

Looks like some exciting things on the horizon! What are your thoughts on the new info and what are you most looking forward to?

http://battlefieldo.com/threads/new-dlc-…p-weekend.5418/

Date of registration
: Apr 12th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 6:22pm

if true, damn sweet!
Platform: XBOX WhyVegas

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 6:22pm

I cant wait for the knife. I have +950 tags, looking forward to it.

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 6:27pm

I like the idea, more personalization options for a price, without sacrificing game balance. If you want it pay for it, if not, it doesn't do you any harm. I personally want that unique knife. :D If only camo lasted for more than one round...

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 6:28pm

Ever since I heard about BF3 being released I was hoping that they would NOT do this, but sadly they have sold out. I do not want to have see some players get a higher SPM just because they are playing within a certain period of time. I do not want to pay just to get something extra that should be available to all players. I was upset when I saw the pay to unlock DLC, but this is just too much.

Why DICE/EA?! :(

On a side note, I'm glad to see a 5th expansion.

I'm coming for your tags. You have been warned.
Ranking Score -- Top 1%
Dogtags -- Top 1%
Knife kills -- Top 3%
BF3 Stats

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 6:29pm

Yes. I really want the knife. Very badly.

Date of registration
: Feb 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Friday, May 11th 2012, 7:26pm

Double XP weekend?

Please.... I'm with Avo, this is one helluva way to screw up the already shoddy stats system!

'BF Premium' could be interesting, depending on how much stuff is included and what type of price point it is set at. If it is just a fiver or something I might get it for completion, and if they include a TON of assignments then it could be quite fun trying to achieve those. I want to see more first though, I know a lot of people would slash me for paying extra to DICE for this game! :D

A 5th expansion sounds nice to me, and it also puts some rest in my mind about the next standalone BF game. If they are already releasing something early 2013, then it means there is a good chance that 2142, BC3 or whatever they decide to make will be given extra time because EA are still making cash from BF3 and don't need to pump out another quite as fast.
Forum Rules

Hey guys, lets all remember here that this is Symthic, and we are all mature enough to debate a topic without becoming emotional or insulting. Ad Hominim attacks only demonstrate that your position is weak and that you've run out of supporting evidence and serve to undermine your own position. I hope no one here drops to that level.

Quotes

[Auto's] voice is like butter on the ears

I am quite positive auto's worst fear is a forum with no threads that need to be locked.

Darktan13

Unhappy Camper

(4,695)

Date of registration
: Feb 13th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, May 11th 2012, 7:29pm

I do not want to have see some players get a higher SPM just because they are playing within a certain period of time.

On a side note, I'm glad to see a 5th expansion.

It depends on how they double the XP really. If they double the points you receive for an action It'll double your SPM, AND your individual Kit/vehicle SPM too.
If it doubles your points at the end of the match, your general SPM doubles, but your individual kit/vehicle SPM doesn't change.
But (suggested by a friend) If it doubles your points at the end of the match, AND doubles the round time, your individual kit/vehicle SPM doesn't change and nor does general SPM.

and a 5th expansion sounds great!

Quoted from "J0hn-Stuart-Mill"

Date of registration
: Dec 9th 2011

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 7:33pm

Why DICE/EA?! :(

Because they are starving, can't you see?!

"Top 0.0% in all categories, and first place in all categories, and golden medal in all categories, and I'm the bestest in all categories and oh I'm so proud of myself..."

Date of registration
: May 2nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, May 11th 2012, 7:56pm

They are definietly not starving ^. They could easily plan out different ways. Don't you see their transition to Pay-For-"This" system? First the Kit Shortcuts which is pretty insane...now possibly, they might give those "special" people means of ranking up faster and also the SPM stat might become worthless. Part of the game is the achievement of hitting that certain rank and showing it off. Without that concept we get a state of just "worthlessness", meaning no one is special...that's not fun, because "everyone" wants to feel special. You know what i mean?

^ My [Gun Lover's] Sig (Type It In): 945k+ Hits! // Still Fixing KDR... // Current KDR Avg: 2.5~3.0
EDM Music Producer, Process @ Signing With Utra Records, Hit Me Up If You Want To Collab!
YT Channel (Under Construction, Add Me!)

:|
360 Leaderboards:
- Noob @ AN-94 // My Best: 1036 RPM
- 1%-4% Multiple Categories
- Defibrillator Kills: 1

Xbox: FEEDxMExMOAR
PC: Soon.

<('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>