Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "XIBangBang" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, May 11th 2012, 5:31pm

Mortard

Now im not a fan of using the mortar, im just trying to get the medal. i have noticed since the patch that the mortar is so garbage its ridiculous. In hardcore i get hit marker after hit marker on spotted stationary enemy with no kill. i have also been hit by them myself and i basically dust off my shoulder and stay where im at. Combine that with the fact that you can't deploy them from a safe zone anymore and you end up with the worst gadget in the game by far.:cursing:

IMO needs buff and the ability to use from safety again. Maybe a damage boost if a recon spots due to their Call for fire skills something to add to the recon class.

Date of registration
: May 5th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 5:53pm

I agree that the mortar needs a buff. I have only about 20-30 kills with the mortar but I agree it is the worst gadget in the game. What they should do in my opinion is to increase splash radius but keep the damage at a max of 50. The suppression radius should also be increased and they should also make the setup a lot quicker kind of like the bipod, so the support player can provide fast and accurate fire support.That way it functions as a good "cover buster". I don't agree with letting support players being able to set up mortar at base as it encourages a lot of camping. Also Maybe make it so that the support guy has only 5 mortar shells at spawn and the ammo box only will only resupply 2 mortars per box very very slowly. This would discourage continuous spamming of mortars.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Piratoz" (May 11th 2012, 6:00pm)

Date of registration
: Jan 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 6:42pm

I feel your pain. Currently ~50/300 kills with it.

The mortar needs to be more effective. The damage needs a larger buff, maybe a 0.5 meter radius for 1 hit kill. The slash damage should be increased a lot and needs to take out all med kits+ammo boxes within the splash.

I'm coming for your tags. You have been warned.
Ranking Score -- Top 1%
Dogtags -- Top 1%
Knife kills -- Top 3%
BF3 Stats

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 6:58pm

The damage is fine imo, but the splash radius needs to be larger and yes, definitely destroy all equipment inside the area. Quicker deploy and automatically picking the thing back up would also make it more mobile, maybe only having five shells as suggested before having to deploy a pack to re-arm. Won't change much for the campers, but others would then be able to use it better for a quick flushing of cover while pushing up with their team. That's how I see it anyway, a tool to clear an area of hostiles or eventually kill them if they keep eating the explosions. Also wouldn't mind some sort of map-indicator of what part is currently obscured due to smoke, but I doubt that's even possible. I'm not sure if it already fully suppresses enemies in the blast-radius, but if it doesn't then it should even after one shell.

Not being able to deploy in your safe zone is fine, but I feel that any mortar rounds dropped into your safe zone should just disappear as well. That, or remove the restriction as long as the enemy team has all flags.

• "XIBangBang" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 8:47pm

The mortar is ment to be an indirect weapon, i don't see reasoning behind requiring you to be in direct fire range to deploy it... :huh:

You can easily counter a mortar with a mortar, especially b/c as soon as you fire one you are a huge red free kill here to enemy mortar :cursing:

Date of registration
: Mar 29th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 8:57pm

It was fine before the patch. I don't think mortar camping was even a big issue, I hardly ever saw it. Now it is useless. Having a stationary infantry weapon with no cover that has to be used within enemy range is suicide.

Date of registration
: Apr 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, May 11th 2012, 9:29pm

Even if it could be deployable from Deployment etc it'd still be shit. The damage is so, so low the only use for it would be to take out enemy mortars.

Here's an idea: They could implement something like a very strong, un-ressupliable explosive with only 2-3 shells that can kill on direct impact, severely damage at 1-3m, and drop you to 50 at 3-10m. 10m+ it should'nt have an effect. Also, it should suppress like hell. Against vehicles, 2 DIRECT hits should be able to disable an IFV, and leave a tank on the brink of disabling.

Just a thought. :D
Symthic?

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 9:37pm

Before the ROF nerfs, I used to use them to take out vehicles. AAs on Caspian were my favorite targets. They still kind of work for that, a few mortars might be the only consistent way to take out a decent tank on Seine

Date of registration
: Apr 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, May 11th 2012, 9:56pm

Before the ROF nerfs, I used to use them to take out vehicles. AAs on Caspian were my favorite targets. They still kind of work for that, a few mortars might be the only consistent way to take out a decent tank on Seine

How's the damage against vehicles now? It is pretty god damn irritating getting Mortar spammed in a tank, although the damage is barely significant, but take into account how ineffective Mortars against vehicles are against virtually any other anti-vehicle weapon/gadget, so you wouldn't be doing your team a fat lot of good. Plus, you are extremely vulnerable because of the fact that you can't set them up in safe areas.
Symthic?

Date of registration
: Apr 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Friday, May 11th 2012, 10:08pm

Yeah I wouldn't advise it on any other map than Seine, mortars are just too easy to dodge on other maps. No idea how much damage they do