Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 9:27pm

It seems worthwhile for server admins concerned about hacking to purchase a few hacks themselves. That way they can police their servers periodically and ban the hackers they detect.

Any one who invest in being a server admin is likely to play the game without using the hack to exploit the game and annoy people.

Hacking spoils the fun. It causes people to think legit people are cheating. And this in turn leads legit players accused of hacking to think there is no hacking at all.

The problem isn't that people are being accused of hacking ... the problem IS hacking ... period.

DICE doesn't care because they have our money already. Battlefield 3 doesn't have a subscription service. I would be nice if paying a monthly fee could grant access to frequent updates, DLC content, and servers that were policed for hacking.

There IS a community for Battlefield. Very few games have websites like this in their honor. Symthic is brilliant. The people who post here are very intelligent and more polite than most sites on the internet.

A game with this depth and with this type of community deserves to be as hack free as possible.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration
: Jan 7th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 9:35pm

To me, at least, DICE sometimes forgets to give back to the community. They gave us a game, and we gave them help, feedback, and ways to improve. Sometimes the community wants a little thanks, like a fix for the M26 bug or some better hacker protection.
Emperor Nick of the Cult of Defibrillation
Sith Deity of Thread-Killing

I'm basically just a degenerate weeb who doesn't post much nowadays.

I'm secretly Old Man Symthic

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Words of Wisdom (not really)

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

You're fedorable :love:

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

I have the highest postcount. Nick doesn't count.

Quoted

23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm -
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Okay
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: I'm stabbing everyone
23:44 Lt_Col_Jesus: Bye guys
23:44 Nick: *flips table*
23:44 Legion: Bye, happy stabbing
23:44 *** Lt_Col_Jesus quit (Quit: off to murder the public at large).

Quoted

10:41 LB: You just...reanimated Steve Jobs.
10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

... fuck. Damn you hindsight!

Quoted

23:58 Failure117: CAUSE IM FREEE
23:58 Nick: AS A BIIIIRD NOW
23:58 Failure117: FREEE OF NICK'S WORM RAPE

Quoted

ViperFTW: HEY LOOK
ViperFTW: AN ALIEN LASER FISH THE SIZE OF THE SUN
ViperFTW: I WANT TO SWAT IT WITH MY COMICLY LARGE SWORD
ViperFTW: WITH
ViperFTW: THIS
ViperFTW: AS
ViperFTW: MY
ViperFTW: FUUUUCKING SOUNDTRACK :DDDD
(the album in question)

ToTheSun!

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 10:51pm

To me, at least, DICE sometimes forgets to give back to the community. They gave us a game, and we gave them help, feedback, and ways to improve. Sometimes the community wants a little thanks, like a fix for the M26 bug or some better hacker protection.

Very true. Yesterday, i joined a metro server for some good old slaughtery fun and i was amazed at how many more glitching spots people come up with everyday. And the amount of m26 glitch abusers.

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 11:01pm

Related to glitches:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWJY2gd-6E&feature=g-u-u

I'm subbed to about half of SoA on Youtube, otherwise I wouldn't've heard of this one (I interacted with them a lot a while ago, lots of conversations and XBL games).

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

Quoted

Quoted

10:41 Dice: Well that would be unfortunate, I was just getting used to him being dead.

Quoted from "Pheozero"

Quoted

Quoted

(the album in question)

Pheozero

I turn down for no one

(1,174)

Date of registration
: May 3rd 2012

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 11:09pm

Ahh yes Anarchy. Had good games while on the same team. Don't think I've ever been matched against them.

DraX

Data Analyzer

(275)

Date of registration
: Mar 15th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 11:12pm

I dont really mind hackers as far as i can avoid them.

But i really hate i cant prove my cleanness with recordings or stuff... And since my stats are getting better (suspiciously good) and a crapload of noobs are reporting me, i really starting to fear about a ban.
Hopefully im just paranoid a bit... and dice implement the damn battlerecorder at last.
AN94 is crap indeed, i just accidentally killed 34919 people with it!
-
5th AN94 user on PC @ 2012 Jun 10th

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 11:32pm

But i really hate i cant prove my cleanness with recordings or stuff... And since my stats are getting better (suspiciously good) and a crapload of noobs are reporting me, i really starting to fear about a ban.
My thought exactly on the M26 bug. If DICE starts hitting people for it, I'm one of the first they'll get on Xbox. And I'm one of the only legit players with it (as far as I know, only one other user has 45+ stars and is legitimate). Most of the community would rather see everyone who has ever spawned with that weapon get banned; they don't care that legitimate players would get caught up in it as long as no one can ever use the bug again...(at least, that's the feel I get from YT commentaries and the few Battlelog discussions I've partaken in).

People seem to forget that PS3 and PC both had players with 100 stars BEFORE the bug was discovered. Best on Xbox was 42 before it was discovered (not me, though the guy hasn't played too much since the patch--Wall of Tasukan--he doesn't know how to play without his precious 20000 kill FAMAS).

The real players that missed out because of the M26 bug are the people that love the M26 but don't abuse the glitch.
1) We refuse to switch to bug-abusing to counter the bug; at the same time, we're just as likely to get hit by the DICE banhammer as abusers. People that know of the bug but don't abuse the weapon still have the option to switch to it to combat the problem. Legitimate users can't even do that for fear that combating it combined with a large kill total from legitimately using it could lead to a ban. Some, like myself, refuse to use it on moral grounds as well (though I'll admit I've suggested others use it to troll admin that ban M26 Dart (nonglitched) but allow M26 Buck (glitched) to prove a point).
2) We get server bannings from admins that see the killfeed just like glitch abusers. Admin that don't understand the bug (>50%) will ban for ammo types that get worse with the glitch setup; I've been banned for using slugs on several occasions. Some admin are quite reasonable about the whole deal and admit to not knowing enough. Such admin are rare. Most simply ban players and reply to a message attempting to explain the error with hate.
3) We're the ones that deserve high leaderboard ranks and recognition for finding a way to use the weapon. We don't get it. Only one person in the top 50 (myself, as far as can be determined) isn't a glitch abuser. I should be world rank 1 with the weapon, instead I'm in the high 30s. That's why my sig has that tagline "excluding suspected glitch abusers."
4) We get hatemail and bad reps from the community for using the weapon. You can look at a player's kill total with the M26 and guess whether or not he's glitching; sometimes, that guess is wrong, and the wrong people get hated for it. That's happened to me a lot and it's the main reason I get a ton of hatemail on XBL and why I stopped posting on Battlelog.
5) We're the ones that are erroneously facing a potential banning or stats wipe from DICE. The problem is that we're legit and shouldn't get hit by this. Players that only use the M26 (bugged) to combat other glitch abusers don't have this problem; they likely have a small (<500) kill total. Us big users have large kill totals, but we abuse it less than these players. Yet we're more likely to get banned.

Honestly, I'm proud of my 11 glitch kill total; all were for testing for Symthic. All were accidental--along the lines of "oops, I didn't mean to hit you again, I double-tapped on reflex" or "derp, headshot which killed you even though we're on a 500% health server." I've never used it in combat, only to test the glitch, and only to test it for Symthic so we could figure out what was wrong so that we could tell DICE.

I could go on and on about my opinions on the whole deal but I won't bore you with the details.

Edited for grammar a few times. It always seems that whenever I make long posts, my grammar suffers.

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted from "Pheozero"

Quoted

Quoted

(the album in question)

This post has been edited 9 times, last edit by "Nick 30075" (May 23rd 2012, 12:56am)

DraX

Data Analyzer

(275)

Date of registration
: Mar 15th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 11:45pm

My thought exactly on the M26 bug. If DICE starts hitting people for it, I'm one of the first they'll get on Xbox...
I barely think they can hit you without proof you used it as a glitch. Also if you haven't used it since its proven bugged, you can ask your m26 history from bf3stats.com to prove your cleanness.
AN94 is crap indeed, i just accidentally killed 34919 people with it!
-
5th AN94 user on PC @ 2012 Jun 10th

Nick 30075

2manyPosts4me

(1,936)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, May 17th 2012, 11:48pm

My thought exactly on the M26 bug. If DICE starts hitting people for it, I'm one of the first they'll get on Xbox...
I barely think they can hit you without proof you used it as a glitch. Also if you haven't used it since its proven bugged, you can ask your m26 history from bf3stats.com to prove your cleanness.
That's the plan. I also have witnesses that know I used it a ton prepatch (mostly from here, but a few clammates as well).

If DICE does anything to me, I'll appeal my case and hopefully dump evidence on them that I don't abuse the bug. I do use the M26 currently, however; I just use Slugs so there's no confusion about me using the glitch. I generally use all ammo types though... .

The idea is to use my history with the M26 as evidence that I've used it consistently since unlocking it and I didn't just "happen" to start getting kills with it after the patch. I do know of one glitch-abuser that this can be said for, though. He was at around 30 stars before the patch and he's up at 90+ right now (I haven't checked his stats in forever, dunno the total). It's funny; he got >10 stars in two days once the bug was discovered. Obvious abuse is obvious.

Though the evidence that's more damning is the fact that he had roughly even KH2002 and M26 kills for a while and then he stopped getting kills with any weapon other than the M26 for a few weeks. That's how to get a bug-user--you track what weapons they get kills with and if, for a few dozen stars, the M26 is the only one, they're bug-abusing. Granted, my clanmate that bug-abuses only does so in TDM but plays a roughly even amount of CQ and TDM. Then you have to look at a lot of individual BattleReports and that's more tiresome. Generally this involves stat-tracking for a few days. As far as I can tell from this method, everyone with more kills than me is bug-abusing. And you don't meet another legit player until you hit 46... .

More fixes to daT graMmer

Siggy thingies

Gaming Stuff

Quoted from "Blue Panda"

Quoted from "ToTheSun!"

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted from "Pheozero"

Quoted

Quoted

(the album in question)

This post has been edited 4 times, last edit by "Nick 30075" (May 18th 2012, 2:00am)

Date of registration
: Apr 20th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Friday, May 18th 2012, 1:57am

Hopefully im just paranoid a bit... and dice implement the damn battlerecorder at last.
From what I've seen DICE/EA are actually fairly restrained with their stats resets. There are a lot of obvious indisputable boosters who don't get reset so I think it's very difficult for skilled players people to get reset as false positives.