Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 6th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 6:38am

As for those that buy hacks and cheat. I can understand the wish to fight fire with fire but I do not agree with it in any way.
Actually I could agree with someone who only hacks when they see that someone else is hacking and then kills only that one person over and over again until they leave. But what are the odds for someone with access to hacks to not be tempted to just turn it on when things aren't going your way and you are being outmatched by normal players.

• "stalaggtIKE" started this thread

Date of registration
: Feb 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 8:24am

As for those that buy hacks and cheat. I can understand the wish to fight fire with fire but I do not agree with it in any way.
Actually I could agree with someone who only hacks when they see that someone else is hacking and then kills only that one person over and over again until they leave. But what are the odds for someone with access to hacks to not be tempted to just turn it on when things aren't going your way and you are being outmatched by normal players.

No one is going to pay a monthly fee to cheat only cheaters.

Please just call me, Ike.

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 11:18am

There's a massive difference between unpaid and paid hacks, one will get you banned, and the other will let you fly through PB/VAC ect, and a monthly upkeep price for paid hacks is actually a norm, and not uncommon. A lot of scenes are now coming together, making their own toolsets, setting up packages, and requiring an active membership either yearly, or monthly for their support.
I am honestly not sure how they packet inject now-a-days, in my time we would hack dX or OpenGL, and run our code through the video rendering which made it pretty damn un-detectable at the time, but at that time it was unthinkable to ask for money for our hacks.
I actually stopped hacking way way long time ago, I just lost intrest in something that was just boring to me honestly.
That's why I like consoles soo much, even though they do have hackers, its a lot less common than the PC counter-part where anyone can download and run it. I've also run just about every kind of hack imaginable as of now, and farming bots for games like WoW/D2 I can somewhat say are ok, even though its evil.

Date of registration
: Apr 27th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 11:32am

A very interesting read. If this guy is correct with what he says then there's a big problem. Why don't DICE and/or EA do something with this? I always feel that they have a lack of effort for us, the gamers.
Also, this is my first BF game. Did this happen in previous games? Or is it just happening now to BF3 because it's become much more mainstream?

I don't see how cheaters can feel like they are better if they couldn't get there using their own devices. That doesn't sound like any fun to me.

I think true cheating like described on Reddit is desipicable.

But I don't understand how someone can equate the use of game physics, overpowered weapons, intentionally or otherwise, etc. to cheating.

For instance, everyone can select the MAV and ride it or choose the 93R, or even the glitched M26 from the menu... these are part of the game, whether the developer intended them to be or not. I don't use the M26 because it does not bring satisfaction, but I don't consider the users thereof to be cheaters.

By contrast, aimbots, wallhacks, etc. are clearly not part of the game, and are clearly cheats.

Aimbots, wallhacks bla bla bla are blatant cheats. The rest, glitches, bugs, whatever, are just being a douchebag.

EDIT:

Quoted from "Nick30075"

Lol you watch DaSquirrelsNuts too?
Symthic?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Requisix" (May 6th 2012, 12:54am)

Date of registration
: Apr 27th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 12:13pm

Yeah, this sucks. I have met a lot of hackers, and they all used the hack only when someone was aiming at him, or 3D radar, I use just to leave the server, as soon as I realize that theres a hacker.
My BF3 Videos (YouTube)

J35T3R

Punctual Joker

(74)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 12:54pm

that is why you find admins with good instinct get abused by so called legit players hacks like these in various gizes have been around since unreal tornament 99 as for saying 700 plus spm is cheating i doubt that ive met some legit players that have that and kdrs up to 2.o and a member here confirmed the max legit spm u can get on metro of 1300 ish if you think somone is hacking in a server they usualy are ill get killed 3 or 4 times before i make that judgement tho as even a very good player will have a moment when they fuck up even slightly a hacker wont fuck up at all so i go with my instincts as well as proof
PC: Platform: PC

youtube chanel HIPFIREGAMER - YouTube

Date of registration
: Dec 28th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 2:31pm

Well what really helps when it comes to detecting a hacker is a first person kill cam, like the old CoD's that replayed what the enemy play was doing 3-4 seconds before they killed you, and it made finding hackers 10x times easier, Sadly that isnt the case with Battlefield, the most you get is a 3rd person overview of where the person was, and a general idea where they are, and an actual "ghosting" of the player. I really miss that feature being able to watch another persons GUI, and movements and than decide or record for proof if they were doing something fishy and hackery.

Date of registration
: Jan 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 2:57pm

The fail is on Dice's end. There's no way these types of hacks should be able to work with a server side game. Obvious problem is the server doesn't manage the game enough.
"can see the entire enemy team...I can see who is aiming at me ..I can set the hack to aim-bot, etc."

The client (local machine) should ONLY be able to see what the server tells him he can see. Why should the client know where every player is? The client should handle rendering the map, rendering objects the server sends him, e.g. other players, destruction, and handling the player - movement, direction, when he shoots and where. This obviously puts a bigger burden on the server but would make this kind of hacking near impossible.

In addition, the client should check it's own memory space and not allow anything that the game doesn't put in there. Other games have done this, going out of synch and dropping the player if a hack is present. You couldn't all of a sudden have one million gold in Age of Mythology. There should be no way for a hack to be "injecting some code into the game as it launches" That's absurd.
Swyck

Riesig

Random Signature Generator

(798)

Date of registration
: Mar 8th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 3:07pm

Fighting fire with fire is a dumb way of resolving stuff.

In real life, it usually leads to unneeded massive loss of life.
I'm a tsundere tentacle

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2012

Battlelog:

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 3:19pm

Doesn't the game run sanity tests...?

IMO that'd be way more effective than just relying on PB. Then the game could tell the server "I'M A CHEATER". I mean, you could check for absurd precision inputs, like instantly turning 180 degrees and aiming on someone, holding 100% accuracy on someone through a wall for an extended time, sporadic/impossible deviation compensation input etc.

I've not heard of many games doing this, but WoW did it to prevent teleporting. However, people figured out the timing of checks, so you could still teleport if you timed it correctly.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "p0sitron" (May 5th 2012, 3:27pm)