Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

DraX

Data Analyzer

(275)

• "DraX" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 15th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 2:05am

What's your sensitivity, mouse, mousepad?

I'm sure those are a very important aspect of the PC gaming, and since i think the symthic community is an intelligent part of the BF3 players, i'd like to know what hardware and setting you guys using, and why and whats your opinion. So maybe we can learn something, and it could also help other players who never felt it as important, or always had a problem to find their sweet spot (i know some). Or perhaps they want to upgrade/replace their hardware. Also i'd help with all i have if someone have any question in this topic.

I'm trying to review mine with details, so it can be used as a basic form if someone would like.

Mouse: CM Storm Spawn (fw61)
Mousepad: Zowie G-TF Speed
DPI: 800
Polling rate: 1000hz
Ingame sensitivity: 0.028
Raw mouse: ON
Mouse acceleration: OFF
Enhanced pointer precision: OFF
Mousefix: MarkC Win7 6/11
Windows sensitivity: 6/11
Driver sensitivity: 6/11 (not overwriting windows's)
Driver extras: Prediction: OFF
180degree turn ingame (unzoomed): 35cm

Opinion: I considered myself as a low or very low sensitivity player, so i'm using a claw grip mouse /with claw grip :)/, and moving it a lot. All in all this style needs a mouse with very very high maximum precision speed (4.1 m/s atm), a very big mousepad (44cm) with very low friction.
Even tho 80% im not doing ultrafast movement because i'm really trying to position myself to face the enemy, in the other 20% i really need those advantages.
I always have a fairly-defensive/balanced playstyle, trying to engage targets in the ranges (mid+) where i have advantage with my low sensitivity, but still moving enought to prevent them to flank. I always aim for the head, so i'm prefering weapons with high accuracy and nicely manageable linear recoil. My most preferred weapon is AN94 with heavy barrel, witch is very suited for my playstile. Nowadays im using the holo (US) sight, because it is small, has lower sensitivity while ADS (i measured it: 108cm for 180degree), so i can be very precise with ADS while still maintaining some turning capability unzoomed.

ps: You can find your BF3 mouse sensitivity at the "C:\Users\YOU\My Documents\Battlefield 3\Settings\" folder "PROF_SAVE_profile" file "GstInput.MouseSensitivity" line.

Quoted from ""ToTheSun""

Mouse: Zowie EC-1
Mousepad: Zowie Swift
DPI: 2300
Ingame sensitivity: 0.036163
Mousefix: it has been fixed by a reg edit
Driver sensitivity: none
Driver extras: Prediction: ON (unbypassable prediction with the mouse)

Opinion: I'm a low sense user since my days in cs 1.6, and i intend to keep it that way. It's the same as high sense as soon as you get used to it, so, i don't feel like i'm missing out. However, i keep the precision of the low sense. It's still comfortable for me to do 180 degree turns, if necessary. I use a very aggressive playstyle and i do a lot of drag shooting. I also do a lot of recoil compensation. Usually, you want prediction OFF, but it helps if you need your mouse to be kept on a fixed value for the y axis as you move it horizontally. A particular example is when an enemy is ducked behind cover that extends horizontally and you're waiting for his head to pop up, but you're unsure if he will move between appearances. This mouse+mousepad is great for accurate swipes, but must be surface cleaned every 3-4 days to keep maximum speed. Both the mouse and the mousepad were made to be perfectly compatible with each other (plastic, not cloth), and it's felt during usage: it NEVER loses track and NEVER jitters. Also, the lift-off distance on this mouse is as low as i have never seen before. I can reposition the mouse almost without lifting, and it always keeps its cursor in place. I have a roccat kone[+] that i don't use due to its lift-off distance. If you've ever tried one and can't work with its LOD, the EC-1 will solve your problem! I've tried a number of other mice that have been coming out lately, but no other has the lift-off distance this great while having 0 hardware acceleration. The other one that i know for a fact that is as good as this one is the 1st version of the deathadder, but it has been discontinued.

Quoted from ""Riesig""

Mouse: Logitech G700
Mousepad: Steelseries QcK (Still can't find a proper hard mouse pad in my country)
DPI: 1000
Ingame sensitivity: 0.5 (Both vehicle and Infantry)
Raw mouse: OFF
Mousefix: MarkC Win7 6/11
Driver Speed : 5/10, acceleration 0
Driver extras: Prediction: OFF

Additional info : DPI 200 when using the M98B / Bipod at longer ranges, 1000 in infantry, 3000 when in a vehicle.

Why I have 3 sensitivities? I have 3 general roles, and if it's less, I'd lack on either sniping / vehicle, anything more, I'd have alot of DPI switching, it's gonna cost me a life if ever.

200 for sniping, 1000 for general infantry, 3000 for vehicle

Why do I use 1000 for general infantry work? I don't know, I just felt good with it at my resolution of 1360x768, back then, I was actually using 2500 dpi on a poor-man's A4tech X-750F (The first "gaming" mice in the Philippines) and I actually controlled it on a 1024x768, except it was actually shite and that it had alot of software interpolation and tracking is supposedly inferior. Hence I got a G5, also maxed out gaming with that thing.

But now, I seem to have fine tuned it for BF-style gameplay, 1000 is the sweet spot right now for me. I don't know, I'm primarily a palmer (hence the large mouse) and that I use it wirelessly, its a tandem of being able to fully utilize mouse pad real estate while still keeping arm movement moderate when doing in game acrobatics.

Why I use the G700? Because the Mamba is poor, I most certainly can't buy new batteries here, and that Lithiums degrade so fast with constant use, I'd prefer buying a new Eneloop AA every now and then than hard to find lithiums. + The recharge method is so fast compared to the Mamba, when I run out of batteries (Which I haven't yet) I just simply pop the cord back to the mouse, better than the Mamba's pull out of docking station first.
Oh, and thirteen buttons. F yeah. ( I use everything while playing BF3, and never a wrong press has happened to me)

The Logitech G700 uses the Avago ADNS-9500, the "black sheep" kind of sensor, with supposed negative acceleration on pads, I don't know, I have 1:1 on mouse rate checker. :P
AN94 is crap indeed, i just accidentally killed 34919 people with it!
-
5th AN94 user on PC @ 2012 Jun 10th

J35T3R

Punctual Joker

(74)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 2:31am

Re: What's your sensitivity, mouse, mousepad?

firstly bf3 has mouse accelleration you need to get rid of this or you will never be consistant to get rid it the easyest way is to down load the realmware bf3 settings editor and turn it off

there is also an option in windows called enhanced presision in mouse settings this needs to be disabled

as far as aiming goes yoy need to be able to aim fast and precise within 150 degrees so a mouse dpi of 1600 or more and lower the sensitivity in game but note sensitivity is personal preferance

this a starting point it will take time to get used to it again

there is a youtube vid that explains this and mouse accelleration
PC: Platform: PC

youtube chanel HIPFIREGAMER - YouTube

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration
: Dec 12th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 2:46am

Mouse: Razer Mamba.

Mat: Razer Scarab.

Other input: Sony Move navigation controller and a Razer Nostromo.

Linked to Xbox v a wired controller and a Xim3.

Did I miss anything?

Date of registration
: Feb 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 2:57am

when I switched from BF2 to BF3, (bf2 had impossible-to-disable mouse acceleration, so fairly high sens was the way to go unfortunately) I came up with a new sensitivity and have tried to keep it consistent over all games since

Logitech g400, Setpoint disabled
enhanced pointer precision off, microsoft pointer speed on the center
Surface 1030
Mouse sensitivity "16" or "0.164179". Only games this has been consistent with is BF3 and ME3 though

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 3:01am

Quoted from ""jaedong""

Surface 1030

How do you find it? I have heard very little about it but it looks like a good pad.

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 3:09am

Quoted from ""Dice""

Mouse: Razer Mamba.
Mat: Razer Scarab.
Other input: Sony Move navigation controller and a Razer Nostromo.
Linked to Xbox v a wired controller and a Xim3.
Did I miss anything?

Not related to the topic.

Mouse is a regular microsoft mouse, nothing fancy, planning to buy a Steelseries Sensei.
Im more of a Medium sens player, claw/finger tip, moving the mouse directly from the wrist, helping me on the aggressive style i play, i tend to run to hot spots and take most of the enemies i can, my sens help me turn and adjust my sight in no time.

I have turned off mouse accel from both, windows and bf3.

DraX

Data Analyzer

(275)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 3:10am

Quoted from ""J35T3R""

firstly bf3 has mouse accelleration you need to get rid of this or you will never be consistant to get rid it the easyest way is to down load the realmware bf3 settings editor and turn it off

there is also an option in windows called enhanced presision in mouse settings this needs to be disabled

as far as aiming goes yoy need to be able to aim fast and precise within 150 degrees so a mouse dpi of 1600 or more and lower the sensitivity in game but note sensitivity is personal preferance

this a starting point it will take time to get used to it again

there is a youtube vid that explains this and mouse accelleration

Did you actually read anything except the topic name, or you just wrote random sentences here?!?!

Also you are writing half sentences, without any kind of sense and detail, so you are making WAY more confusion that help.
Some of your suggestions are either wrong or outdated.
You are mentioning a video, then not linking at all.

I'm sorry to have to say this, but if you want to help others, get up to the level of the forum/topic, but at least not off the topic in the worse way.
-

Dice

50 Shades of Dice

(751)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 3:14am

Quoted from ""kaLash""

Not related to the topic.

Topic heading: What's your sensitivity, mouse, mousepad?

DraX

Data Analyzer

(275)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 3:33am

Quoted from ""kaLash""

planning to buy a Steelseries Sensei.

I'd clearly dissuade you from the Sensei. Trust me, its a typical advertisement mouse with high price and fancy useless features.
If you like the MS WMO 1.1 form, i'd suggest the Steelseries Kana or the Zowie AM. You'll get a MUCH much much better mouse for less money.
If you have any questions, or want me to make this suggestion clear, write a pm.
-

ToTheSun

Be Creative.

(5,050)

Date of registration
: Mar 9th 2012

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 3:51am

Mouse: Zowie EC-1
Mousepad: Zowie Swift
DPI: 2300
Ingame sensitivity: 0.036163
Mousefix: it has been fixed by a reg edit
Windows sensitivity: 4/11
Driver sensitivity: none
Driver extras: Prediction: ON (unbypassable prediction with the mouse)

Opinion: I'm a low sense user since my days in cs 1.6, and i intend to keep it that way. It's the same as high sense as soon as you get used to it, so, i don't feel like i'm missing out. However, i keep the precision of the low sense. It's still comfortable for me to do 180 degree turns, if necessary. I use a very aggressive playstyle and i do a lot of drag shooting. I also do a lot of recoil compensation. Usually, you want prediction OFF, but it helps if you need your mouse to be kept on a fixed value for the y axis as you move it horizontally. A particular example is when an enemy is ducked behind cover that extends horizontally and you're waiting for his head to pop up, but you're unsure if he will move between appearances. This mouse+mousepad is great for accurate swipes, but must be surface cleaned every 3-4 days to keep maximum speed. Both the mouse and the mousepad were made to be perfectly compatible with each other (plastic, not cloth), and it's felt during usage: it NEVER loses track and NEVER jitters. Also, the lift-off distance on this mouse is as low as i have never seen before. I can reposition the mouse almost without lifting, and it always keeps its cursor in place. I have a roccat kone[+] that i don't use due to its lift-off distance. If you've ever tried one and can't work with its LOD, the EC-1 will solve your problem! I've tried a number of other mice that have been coming out lately, but no other has the lift-off distance this great while having 0 hardware acceleration. The other one that i know for a fact that is as good as this one is the 1st version of the deathadder, but it has been discontinued.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "ToTheSun!" (May 12th 2012, 4:27pm)