Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Aug 15th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 4:54am

For those who are uninitiated, Venice Unleashed - Experience Battlefield 3 like never before! Venice Unleashed has been a thing for a while now, so no more 10hz(they have 120 ^^), no obnoxious blue tint, and suppression is gone! Yaaay. That's really the only way to play BF3 at this point than vanilla BF3, its perfectly fine. Or decent I should say.

The real reason I still play 3 over 4: Seine Crossing, I consider that map to be one of my favorites in the game, next to Tehran Highway. The nonsensicale M16A3-copy-paste-ies I ignore entirely. They certain get upset when my G3 ruins their fun! >:)

• "botafogo4life" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 10:24pm

"Total disregard for balance" actually sums up BF3 in general if you ask me. I do think a lot of those expansion maps were great though and I'm sad I only ever got to play them on PS3 12v12. I quite liked the rocket artillery, AA and grenade launcher variants of the vodnik and humvee and of course the murder van. BF4's expansion maps are pretty lame by comparison. Armoured kill and aftermath maps with 64 players must have been pretty great. I definitely don't miss the bunny hopping and revive trains though. Even BF3's great bipod M240b could barely hold back the tides.

I definitely agree with you on Armoured Kill being a great expansion for "Battlefield 3". Both Alborz Mountain and Death Valley are favourites of mine for Conquest.

1. It's easy to see BF3 was horribly rushed to the market with EA's age-old "we'll patch it along the way" philosophy, which always seemed to fix some things while making other things way worse (it didn't take long for me to re-discover some of the glitchy cheese I loved to hate back in the day)... I never got into BF4 so I can't speak for that...

2. Yeah, AK was easily one of my most-played expansions (mobile arty when used correctly is still the best trolling vehicle in the game), especially tank superiority... Luckily there is still ONE rented PS3 server still running AK maps... I do miss CQ Domination (could use a boost to my SPM since it's falling off the table as I re-learn the game) and Scavenger was probably my favorite gamemode... I don't see those anymore, though.

3. Also, the F-35B sucks even harder than I remember... Either that, or I'm way too rusty.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "botafogo4life" (Oct 12th 2016, 10:38pm)

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 10:35pm

2. Yeah, AK was easily one of my most-played expansions (mobile arty when used correctly is still the best trolling vehicle in the game), especially tank superiority... Luckily there is still ONE rented PS3 server still running AK maps... I do miss CQ Domination (could use a boost to my SPM since it's falling off the table as I re-learn the game) and Scavenger was probably my favorite gamemode... I don't see those anymore, though.

No server runs Scavenger on PC these days either, at least in North America. It's really a shame, since I need to pick up 196 more weapons to complete an assignment. I also have yet to unlock the XBOW, which I have never even used before. Haha.

Do you ever plan to upgrade to a PS4 and get "Battlefield 4"? It is far more balanced than "Battlefield 3".

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 10:37pm

I think it was the best they could pull off at that time and the map design made up for the balance issues.

However the Air-ground imbalances were just too much to cope with. Way more unnerving than the M16 being slightly superior over the other weapons.

The one saving grace (at least on console), is that the remaining playerbase is pretty bad so the air-ground imbalance doesn't get exploited like it did when the tryhards were gunning for the leaderboards or making youtube vids... These days I'm impressed if randies can squad up properly and play their classes... Needless to say, a half-coordinated squad can still clean up an entire map.

Ironically, the M16A3, which was still a world-beating joke *after* the nerf, never irritated me as much as infinite revive trains, which really broke infantry gameplay... And don't get me started on getting the +1 death removed from your scoreline after getting revived, while the dude who killed you still gets the kill credit... :thumbdown:

It's hard for me to explain why, but I have loved this game as much as anything I've ever played, warts and all...

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 10:56pm

Do you ever plan to upgrade to a PS4 and get "Battlefield 4"? It is far more balanced than "Battlefield 3".

I'm thinking about it, especially after seeing the Battlefield 1 previews... That was the main reason why I dusted off BF3 after a nearly two-year hiatus...

But I have some doubts, because I don't quite have the time to play like I used to, I'm 40 now and even though I was slightly above average in BF3, my reflexes have gotten that much slower... Also I don't know if I have the proper mindset for FPS anymore -- What I used to find relaxing can sometimes be highly stressful/rage-inducing for some reason, especially if I'm playing poorly. I'll start to sweat, my hands will shake, I'll hyperventilate, I'll get an adrenaline surge like I was in a REAL battlezone or something... There are times literally in a round sometimes where I'll camp in a safe corner of the map to calm myself down or MAV spot until I feel able to rejoin the action. I don't like playing scared, but when I lose confidence it's hard for me to regain it (FWIW, this only happens when I play with randies since they can be unpredictable and you can't always rely on them to watch your six)...

One of the things I've most loved about Symthic is that the discussions go deeper than basic gameplay, strategies and weapon stats... There were some posters here whose names I don't remember that were actually looking into the psychology of the FPS player... If they're still around I've got plenty to discuss. :S

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 11:13pm

well, when you're doing a bad play bf3 is one of the games that most of all really puts you down, but not only that... the game was terrible in general, but still was fun when it worked, i think this clip i took like, over 3 years ago shows exactly what i'm saying:

ump noshar crash - YouTube

i barely joined that round, think it was like, 5 minutes in? maybe less based on the chat.
and it crashed 3 minutes in, with the start being me spawn-sniped, and that's the most played map and mode on bf3.

this is really the average though, many times there would happen stufff that would literally make me go so crazy that i'd malmost break my hands to cool down... now that doesn't happen anymore, but i feel it simply doesn't because it happened only in bf3(fun fact: the best example i had of this, i cancelled from my pc because i thought everyone thought that was commonality, i should've kept it...)
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 12:54pm

I like to play BF for it's vehicles, combined arms and whatnot.
BF3 facilitates that in a very minimalistic manner with a total disregard to balance when it comes to vehicles.

Leaves the infantry gameplay.
Last time I tried, I remember the abundance of M16A3 and M416-users jumping like rabbits and rezzing and dying and reviving and... that's it.
Its awfully shallow and many maps (both TDM and CQL) fail the basic standards.

Nah, better play the still well populated stand-alone mods that came from BF2 (same engine) for some proper, well seasoned/properly cooked nostalgia.
BF3 is something that can be well forgotten, I'm definitely not playing it anymore as playing it mainly draws the attention into it's many downfalls, instead of gameplay.

"Total disregard for balance" actually sums up BF3 in general if you ask me. I do think a lot of those expansion maps were great though and I'm sad I only ever got to play them on PS3 12v12. I quite liked the rocket artillery, AA and grenade launcher variants of the vodnik and humvee and of course the murder van. BF4's expansion maps are pretty lame by comparison. Armoured kill and aftermath maps with 64 players must have been pretty great. I definitely don't miss the bunny hopping and revive trains though. Even BF3's great bipod M240b could barely hold back the tides.

Yea alot of things were actually pretty cool in BF3 to play around with, especially a few maps from the DLC packs (neat vehicles too) which were the better ones in the franchise. Better than BF4's.
Though, it did not upraise the gameplay more than ''playing around with'' because of aforementioned issues. My experience was that you'd hit the glass ceiling of the balance-limitations and that would be it. Lack of depth is maybe a better phrase for it.
RIP Sraw

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 25th 2016, 6:50pm

Well, my past three-week binge on BF3 was mostly fun, but I'm probably not going to get the PS4+BF1, at least not for the immediate future... I'm getting a bit older and don't have the required time to invest to at least be decent at the game...

So have fun, and I'll be watching from the sidelines for now! :S

EDIT: For everyone's sake, I hope to GOD that there won't be those silly ranked rental servers where the host has free reign to ban anybody who dares to kill him... :thumbdown: :cursing: X(

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "botafogo4life" (Oct 26th 2016, 2:40pm)