Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Thum8er" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2018

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, June 9th 2018, 2:12pm

Question regarding the Enfield 1917 Silenced Rifle

Hi guys

Long time lurker on this site but first time poster.

Has anyone else got the feeling that something about the enfield silenced feels off ? I mean the stats seem to be the same as the m1903, yet i have got issues hitting targets in comparison to the m1903. Got 3500 kills with the m1903 so i am not talking a load of shit (at least i think i am not).

Anyone else got the same feeling/experience ? Or am I just going batshit crazy...... seems to me that the drag feels alot worse then the 0.002 coefficient.

On a sidenote:

Also anyone else have massive fps drops in every consecutive patch that has dropped ? Could run the game at ultra at 1440p 144fps now on some maps i dip into 90ish frames. Also both gpus dont seem to max out on some maps , neither does my cpu ?(

Thanks for any answers love this forum !
-You miss all shots you don't take !

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, June 9th 2018, 6:45pm

M1917 Silenced has nearly not noticeable tracer, so it's harder to adjust your aim at ranges. Actually looks pretty balanced to me.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, June 9th 2018, 7:19pm

Hey man , soooo what your saying is that the stats are the same but due to the lesser visible round its harder to make follow up shots ?

That still would not explain why some shots just don't land even though the bullet was bang on the target. I just seem to have more problems shooting the weapon and disengaging out of the scoped mode. I like to scope in shoot and quickly un-scope to have a broader picture of my surrounding and that's when the bullets seem to miss the target. This does not happen with all other rifles I have tested it with. "Quick Un-scoping" that is. How should I put it, it seems to me that they somehow changed some values by mistake or on purpose to deliberately not allow to un-scope very quick. Its like hip-firing. The bullet deviation is off the charts when you un-scope to quick.

I mean by all means check it out yourself IF you have the time that is. What also seems to happen is that certain bullets from the silenced enfield just disappear after leaving the barrel, as in should have hit the target but just go to bloody nirvana.

Thanks for the quick post though , appreciate it mate.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Thum8er" (Jun 9th 2018, 7:36pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, June 10th 2018, 1:46am

The effects of the suppressor seem quite redundant when the scope glare and that new "sweet spot aura" (or whatever is the "official" name for it) are taken into account. The bipod is far more useful. Although, to be fair, the lesser attachment of the M1917 Enfield Silenced is the only thing keeping it from completely outclassing the M1903 Sniper.

Regarding PC performance issues with each consecutive update, a ton of people report on that. With just a GTX 970 and an i5 6600k, I used to be able to maintain over 60 fps (sometimes exceeding 80 fps, depending on map) on Ultra settings at 2160x1440p. Now, I really only get that frame rate, or a tiny bit lower, at High settings. So, perhaps the updates haven't affected me as much as they have for you. I'd assume that DICE may screwed up the optimization for SLI and/or Crossfire, but I have little knowledge on such.

Date of registration
: Jan 28th 2018

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, June 10th 2018, 5:08am

I'm on console and have noticed something happen a few times. For me it's more of a hit detection issue then drag. I once flanked a sniper and had to shoot five times to get the head shot. I was flanking him and he didn't even move or react. I could see his entire head and had time to line up 5 head shots on the guy. A few other times I couldn't even see the players head because I was again flanking and could only see his rifle and muzzle flash coming from behind cover but I lined up a shot where his head hit box would be of a prone player behind cover and got the kill. It doesn't seem to happen in every game but sometimes it just feels off sometimes. I'm sure I wasn't suppressed or clipping the cover infront of me seeing as I tend to shoot snipers standing and back away from objects.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, June 11th 2018, 11:56am

Hey guys , I did some more testing. And I can indeed say that something is really off with the rifle. Now I have to also say that the stats seem to be indeed equal to the m1903 sooo that was probably a placebo effect on my side. BUT I can also say that the rifle just misses shots on a regular basis. More so then with any other rifle, I have tested.

I will use the rifle more and try to record my findings. I mean its the end of the game anyhow and as far as we know the game will NOT get any further updates after the june update. But hey maybe they will throw us a bone.

Date of registration
: Jan 28th 2018

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, June 12th 2018, 9:16pm

I'm not 100% on this but I think if you unscope before the bullet reaches the target it disappears and or doesn't register a hit. It might be I just don't know my holdovers for long range as I try to stay within 70 but that's how it feels sometimes. I seem to get this problem most when the target is prone so I could be clipping the ground hit box?