Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, March 1st 2018, 12:41am

New performance patch coming tomorrow: Anti stutter patch MONDAY! : battlefield_one

And thank God, because I've hardly touched the game in a week... The stutter and frame loss has been THAT bad

Incredibly, that patch seems to have fixed the long-standing intermitted stutter I was getting since well before the Apoc fiasco.

Yeah the game played mostly flawless for me last night, my first action in over a week...

But ugh -- A week off in BF1 might as well be three months off as rusty and slow as I am. Didn't help that I was binging on SWBattlefront 2 all that time so when I come back to BF1 I'm trying to combat roll everything :cursing:

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,611)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 1:55pm

Bump update on the hotfix patch after Apocalypse DLC: There were no changes to weapons, and only some (unknown/hard-to-tell) changes to Hellriegel1915 file.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 5:08pm

I heard that the optical sight went missing on the Defensive variant for a bit and came back after the anti-stutter patch but I haven't used that thing since I first unlocked it months and months ago so I couldn't tell you.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Saturday, March 3rd 2018, 10:35pm

I heard that the optical sight went missing on the Defensive variant for a bit and came back after the anti-stutter patch but I haven't used that thing since I first unlocked it months and months ago so I couldn't tell you.

All modular pieces disappeared from both variants, meaning the Factory's rear sight, Defensive's lens sights and bipod, and the muzzle devices that show up if you change recoil on either variant. It was just a visual glitch and didn't affect their technical function.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 7:24pm

Speaking of what actually happens if you futz with the recoil?

I dunno why you'd want it anything other than centered.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, March 4th 2018, 9:17pm

Centered is 50/50 distribution for HRec.

Left/Right make it 25/75 75/25
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, March 5th 2018, 3:32am

Setting it to Left gets rid of the dumb Madsen flash hider on the Hotchkiss, Madsen, MG15, BAR, Parabellum, Perino, and Browning.

The gameplay effect feels pretty minor, I almost always forget I even have it set this way on these guns.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 6:33pm

Setting it to Left gets rid of the dumb Madsen flash hider on the Hotchkiss, Madsen, MG15, BAR, Parabellum, Perino, and Browning.

The gameplay effect feels pretty minor, I almost always forget I even have it set this way on these guns.

What is the flash hider?
So setting recoil to Left makes using the guns you mentioned easier? I’ve never touched that before

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Wednesday, March 7th 2018, 8:23pm

What is the flash hider?
So setting recoil to Left makes using the guns you mentioned easier? I’ve never touched that before

It's mostly cosmetic. I am on console, so I always set mine to the right (adds a compensator, I believe). I set it to the right because it is easier to drag my thumb southwest than straight south when adjusting for recoil.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 8th 2018, 9:41am

Am I losing it or do the optical variants take longer to ADS now? I don't remember them ever doing that before.

Does it affect the Defensive and Carbine variants too?