Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

• "NoctyrneSAGA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Sunday, January 28th 2018, 11:58am

SMG Average Case Effective TTK Postpatch

Methodology is pretty much the same as the Prepatch Thread.

Really just an update to hitrate and damage numbers.

Automatico

Hellriegel

MP18

Ribeyrolles

SMG 08

MP1216

Full sheet here

Takeaways:

The Automatico sorely needs a buff. It has clearly been left behind and rates in the yellow-orange zone consistently and has the largest portion of red cells. Automatico Storm is the strongest option unless you are hipfiring. An hRecoil buff is recommended to increase effective hitrate since raw damage output is fine.

The Hellriegel is a good number 2 for within 20m. Then it goes back to being mediocre. Why is it not a first pick? Because the MP1216 melts it before it can actually use its 60 rounds.

Ranged performance of the MP18 has improved substantially. It has moved from yellow-orange to green-yellow. However still not a good pick because...

The Ribeyrolles is overperforming. Look at all those green cells. Outside of 20m, it is the clear winner especially now that the MP1216 is not a tapfire/microburst monster.

The SMG 08 is better and can maintain fire for much longer than the Ribeyrolles and MP18. It is a very stable weapon platform but suffers from the same problem as the Hellriegel: you will die before putting that magazine to good use. Surprisingly, it is capable of beating/matching the Hellriegel outside 20m.

The MP1216 was fixed. Melts anyone's faces off within 20m. Loses outside of that.

Use the Ribeyrolles outside 20m. Use the MP1216 within 20m. Two meta SMGs here.

Automatico needs a buff to its accuracy so it is not suboptimal at best and mostly garbage otherwise.

Ribeyrolles needs a nerf to accuracy so it doesn't absolutely dominate. You do not even need to use the bipod for these numbers.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Feb 1st 2018, 6:54pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, January 28th 2018, 3:44pm

Ribeyrolles doesn't need a nerf, the others need a buff; much like the TTK rebalance itself, buffing the others is needed, since them being mediocre is the problem.

Good analysis though, your conclusions are exactly what I expected from the rebalance.
Who Enjoys, Wins

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 29th 2018, 1:56am

That is if the devs think the Ribeyrolles is where all the SMGs should be for their ranged performance.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, January 29th 2018, 2:14am

The devs can think whatever they like, I don't place any higher value on their opinions.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Monday, January 29th 2018, 6:17pm

The devs can think whatever they like, I don't place any higher value on their opinions.

WOAH SH*T JUST GOT REAL
Official heretic of the Symthic forums. Avid M1907 factory user and complete casual pleb.
Iplaysgames96 - Profile Overview - Battlefield 1 Tracker

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 3:31am

@NoctyrneSAGA from your graphs, the Ribeyrolles is only viable in magdump <=40m and 3RB in 50m. And beyond that TTK will be so long that it becomes unviable. Don't you think maybe the FSSM and SIPS and damage is not optimal? Maybe lower FSSM, more SIPS, higher min damage?

Also, sadly the TTK patch looks like a drop in the ocean in terms of bringing TTK back to a level that contributes to interesting gunplay, from the graphs.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 4:47am

@NoctyrneSAGA from your graphs, the Ribeyrolles is only viable in magdump <=40m and 3RB in 50m. And beyond that TTK will be so long that it becomes unviable. Don't you think maybe the FSSM and SIPS and damage is not optimal? Maybe lower FSSM, more SIPS, higher min damage?

Also, sadly the TTK patch looks like a drop in the ocean in terms of bringing TTK back to a level that contributes to interesting gunplay, from the graphs.

Two 4 round bursts is faster than 3 round bursts at 50m actually.

It's still the fastest killer at that range for an SMG.

The new minimum damage is a 6 BTK and remember that this is off bipod.

If you deploy the bipod, your hitrate could easily achieve 100%.

I personally don't think this ~1s TTK is a problem since 50m is already well past where SMGs should be.

That's SLR and LMG territory you are starting to wander into.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 5:26am

WOAH SH*T JUST GOT REAL

Haha I just meant they're only people too, and people are fallible. If the devs decided that the Model 10-A should have a 1HK range of 1.5m, we'd all call that absurd, because it would be. While it's obviously an extreme example, I simply don't believe being a dev inherently means your design intentions are good.
Who Enjoys, Wins

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 10:51am

Played postpatch.

Have not died to Hellriegel yet.

Using the P16 for bunkerclearing and Ribeyrolles outside of that.

P16 is not capable of 30m+ engagements anymore and there is actually a little bit of kick to its recoil now.

Ribeyrolles with a bipod is lol, No surprises there.

So far most deaths have been to MP18.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, January 30th 2018, 11:40am

I can not believe how long it has been since I've posted here. Must be close to half a year.

I would agree with BU. Reverting to a BF4ish gunplay model just shows how flawed the design concept was at release and still is. Bowing to number junkies and overcomplicating systems because spreadsheets call it balance does not translate to fun gameplay or a professionalized one.

The setting, the pisspoor maps and the lack of any community-buidling features did not help either, but I blame the unforgiving, unintuitive and intransparent gun mechanics as the biggest fun-killer. I have 40ish friends on Origin that played BF4 since release for three years, but half a year after BF1 nobody is playing. And beside social features missing, the reason is simply frustration with a game that is highly inconsistent in their gunfights.

When I look at BF4s 17k players on PC and the 25k of BF1 I would say that, while being fiscally very successful, BF1 is an irrelevant shooter, at least on this platform, especially in the segment they advertised so much, the competitive scene.