Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 5:11pm

Much easier to just spam your 5 rounds and reload.

• "WetFish" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 6:50pm

Much easier to just spam your 5 rounds and reload.
Which is kinda what I do most of the time, but getting a more balanced approach for longer engagements would be beneficial. Just finding that to get to base spread and recoil then it's not the quickest kill at ranges requiring 4 hits.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, December 15th 2017, 9:00am

DIdn't Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 have linear recoil?

I knew that Battlefield 1 changed up the way recoil works, to some extent, but I really wasn't expecting something that much more complicated.

As far as "rate of fire tier" goes, it's based on the server refresh rate of 30 Hz (it updates 30 times a second). So, what you're looking for is the rates of fire where the time between each shot is a multiple of 0.0333... (1/30th of a second).

Going from the Fedorov Avtomat down to the RSC 1917.

60 / 0.1333... = 450
60 / 0.1666... = 360
60 / 0.2 = 300
60 / 0.2333... = ~257.14
60 / 0.2666... = 225
60 / 0.3 = 200
60 / 0.333... = 180
60 / 0.366... = 163.63...

Now, you'll notice that the actual listed rates of fire are actually the closest full value beneath the listed rates of fire. This is so no frames are skipped while firing, by the shot falling on the moment of a server refresh, at the maximum rate of fire. It's a bit of a legacy issue with Frostbite, I believe. However, DICE hasn't applied such logic to a number of guns (mainly those in Assault and Support).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "CReaperDorian" (Dec 15th 2017, 11:31am)

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,716)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, December 15th 2017, 9:18am

Recoil decrease back then was also a cubic function.

It was slow at first and then sped up to suddenly stop.

Now it's fast and slows down to a stop.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, December 18th 2017, 12:34pm

Quoted

Recoil decrease back then was also a cubic function.

It was slow at first and then sped up to suddenly stop.

Now it's fast and slows down to a stop.
Except value of recoil decrease is much lower, so it should be moderate at first, then slowed to a crawl.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,716)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, December 18th 2017, 6:41pm

Fast is relative
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

• "WetFish" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, January 2nd 2018, 4:52pm

Thanks for your help all. I tried hitting on/around the rates described, but it still felt like there was lots of spread and/or recoil. A much slower rate seemed to be required to maintain accuracy. So hard to get this gun just right.