Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 6:43pm

I have submitted patch for fixing missing Farquhar weapon and M1917 variants' names.

@InterimAegis

Hmm could be I am reading wrong weapon from the files. There are bunch of leftover ones which are not used, plus names are not straightforward always (I guess for a gun person they would be). Can you see on databrowser which weapon could be C96 Trench?

It's Mauser1917Trench in the browser.

Out of curiosity, how do the patches get pushed? End-of-day?

Then I am reading the correct weapon, and the log does not show any special errors/warnings (ofc there might be some unique ones, but those usually break the script).

Updates are pushed whenever Sym has time to do it ^^'

Okay in that case, I will post a report of the Hip-Crouch-Moving spread issue on the Battlefield Live Reddit and see what happens. It should be an easy fix if it's a bug.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 7:49pm

Has the topic of stealth buffs/nerfs been touched on yet? I went from using the SMLE Carbine easily before the patch to not being able to hit *anything* across multiple rounds the past two night...

Date of registration

Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 8:10pm

Has the topic of stealth buffs/nerfs been touched on yet? I went from using the SMLE Carbine easily before the patch to not being able to hit *anything* across multiple rounds the past two night...

Probably just feeling the reduction in aim assist that came with the patch is my guess. I looked at the SMLE Carbine stats and didn't notice anything odd.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "InterimAegis" (Dec 13th 2017, 8:33pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 10:03pm

Interesting how the Maschinenpistole M1912 has no FSRM or FSSM.

On a complete tangent, I noticed something anomalous whilst browsing the "Sidearms" section. Shouldn't the Nagant Revolver have less spread increase given its damage model?

Date of registration

Wednesday, December 13th 2017, 10:32pm

Felled two bugs in one day:

On the C96 Trench moving hipfire spread:

Quoted

DICE-RandomDeviation:
Yep, the value for crouch moving hipfire was incorrect. Thanks for pointing that out, the fix should be in the next patch.

On the Arisaka recoil decrease:

Quoted

DICE-RandomDeviation:
That is a bug. The Arisaka is missing one of the modifiers infantry rifles normally have, making its recoil decrease worse than it should be. I fixed that today, so it should be in the next patch.

Also, the Carcano 91 is a Trench variant and shares modifiers with the Russian.

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 5:04am

Can you tell me why the Farquhar Hill rifle Optical is sooooo good?

Played with it on Amiens went 110-3, played on Achi Baba went 92 5, played lots of games and I am Absolutely destroying people.
It's a mondragon with less hrec and 20 rounds, i just dont get it.
It feels and performs better than the Fedorov or 1907 .

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 5:20am

Played with it on Amiens went 110-3, played on Achi Baba went 92 5, played lots of games and I am Absolutely destroying people.

Now I'm even more excited to unlock it! I suspect being the best all-round rifle paired with the best variant will do that. :thumbup:
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Thursday, December 14th 2017, 5:44am

Damage model is better than the Fedorov and m1907 for starters. Recoil better too, effectively, and the Optical variants are always superior on SLRs.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Monday, December 18th 2017, 7:02pm

Probably just feeling the reduction in aim assist that came with the patch is my guess. I looked at the SMLE Carbine stats and didn't notice anything odd.

That would definitely explain it... I guess the single-action rifles just got a whole lot less fun...

Aim assist reduction? How are trash players like me ever supposed to hit anything? :S

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "botafogo4life" (Dec 18th 2017, 7:15pm)

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Wednesday, January 31st 2018, 5:37pm

1 bullet less for the madsen? heh

Can't wait for the rest btw!