Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 10:14pm

Yeah, they turned the RPK-74M into a classic RPK. Just never changed the name in the menus for some reason.

I'm totally down for a Lewis Gun buff though.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 10:28pm

Yeah, they turned the RPK-74M into a classic RPK. Just never changed the name in the menus for some reason.

I'm totally down for a Lewis Gun buff though.

They did change the name though. Both the "RPK-74M" and "L96A1" were changed to their proper RPK and L115.

A couple of the DICE weapon guys and I were the ones behind those changes (both names and gameplay), which had to go through the legal department, and we weren't sure about whether that part would go through or not. The names did get changed, but not until the patch after the patch where the gameplay side was reworked.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 10:32pm

Was it? I don't remember it being changed on PS4. But I might just be mistaken.

And why was there a legal issue? It's been like 50 years surely Kalashnikov hasn't bothered to keep up the trademarks on a gun no longer in production for that long.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 10:55pm

Was it? I don't remember it being changed on PS4. But I might just be mistaken.

And why was there a legal issue? It's been like 50 years surely Kalashnikov hasn't bothered to keep up the trademarks on a gun no longer in production for that long.

No no, there wasn't necessarily a legal issue, but every kind of naming thing like that has to get approved by legal first.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 11:06pm

The RPK got a new round because it fires a different round, one that no other gun used. The Huot does not. Not a valid comparison.

The Lewis needs very similar buffs to the Huot anyway, there's a 0% chance that they won't both be buffed together.
Well, that depends if DICE cares about matching the real life caliber to the in game projectile, i.e. if Huot and Lewis are .303 british then both must have the same projectile. I think this is rather pointless honestly, considering that the SMLE also uses the same caliber. Speaking of, the RPK in BF4 did not receive any visual changes, and it still uses the 5.45 magazine. So they really did change the projectile without too much of a fuss on realism.

More to the point;

The comparison was made purely because I saw a semblance to the Lewis - Huot situations in the BF4 RPK-74 to RPK-12. The pre patch RPK 74 possessed generally more accurate characteristics (such as a 0.75 FSRM). The RPK 12 had a higher magazine capacity and a quicker reload. While the differences where there, not unlike the Huot-Lewis situation), the dev's felt that they were too similar. This is why I thought this would be the case. Would be interesting if this were actually true, even though I enjoy the Huot immensly as is :]

That and the fact that the Huot did posses a higher damage than the Perino in the gamescom build (as shown previously). The lewis doesn't seem to have a higher damage than the perino, unlike the Huot. Of course, this isn't concrete evidence because the stat bar graph's animation may not have had time to fill up, thus making it difficult to extract.

Source Video

Obviously not saying it will happen, just a thought :]

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 11:40pm

No it was modeled from the getgo with a 7.62 magazine. And there was never an RPK-74M in wood furniture anyway making the entire thing super weird. Like it was straight up a classic RPK and they called it a 74M for some reason.

And DICE has been insistent about keeping bullets doing the same damage and having the same muzzle velocity within it's class. Look at all the semi autos loaded in 8mm Mauser.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 11:41pm

Well, that depends if DICE cares about matching the real life caliber to the in game projectile, i.e. if Huot and Lewis are .303 british then both must have the same projectile. I think this is rather pointless honestly, considering that the SMLE also uses the same caliber. Speaking of, the RPK in BF4 did not receive any visual changes, and it still uses the 5.45 magazine. So they really did change the projectile without too much of a fuss on realism.

They do, and it's a good thing. Every gun in BF4 and BF1 follows this rule.

No, the RPK has a 7.62mm magazine and always did. The damage, magazine capacity, and name changes were corrections done to match the model. Ditto for the L115. They were wrong, and now they're entirely correct.

Damage sharing applies in-class, relative to other weapons in said class. Really, it's a very simple, straightforward, logical arrangement here. There's no need to break this consistency when other, more arbitrary traits like spread, recoil, and so forth can be adjusted instead. Ditto for mag capacity.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 11:45pm

Speaking of mag capacities I kinda wish the normal Hellreigel fed from the 20 round box mags and the defensive version fed from the 160 round drum the real version had.

But I fear that'd make the factory variant a bit useless.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "LeGarcon" (Aug 30th 2017, 11:54pm)

Date of registration
: Nov 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 12:34am

Thank goodness they nerfed the least used class to the benefit of the most used class.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Platform: PC

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 1:06am

RPK-74 IRL can use both 5.45x39mm and 7.62x39mm(named RPK-203). It even has a modification that uses 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge(named RPK-201). So that was a legit move from DICE.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.