Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 1:06am

Ribeyrolles buffs? Yes please.

The Hellriegel Defensive obviously won't be better than any given gun at a specific role, because like the BAR Telescopic it's a jack-of-all-trades weapon. Not in the "average at everything" sense like the Cei-Rigotti is, but rather by being a lead-spewing close-ish range gun fitted with optics and a bipod. Making it work will be a bit trickier than a "generic" jack-of-all-trades like the Cei, but in return it offers an impressive variety of uses.

Setting high RoF guns up for long range, usually with a bipod and scope, is one of my favourite weapon styles, and is something that BF1 almost entirely lacks.
Who has fun, wins.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, May 2nd 2017, 10:04am

As for what Vincent is saying, he is essentially advocating for the packages to break the design of weapons by mitigating their engineered weakness.

Well, that is indeed what I have been suggesting since release, but you could put it more moderately. I would like every weapon to be relevant at the average engagement distance. I also would like the niches and effective ranges to be more fluent so that every weapon has consistency.

Anyhow I have not yet unlocked one of these weapons and I do not know if I ever will, right now I have little motivation to play BF1, which is very disappointing. The requirements are very steep, but I guess they will adjust them with the next patch. I am not sure what DICE's intnetions were in setting the standards so high. In a good way it might be to increase the usage of certain weapons to make players enjoy more things, but then why make it so steep? 300 kills does indeed devolve into many hours of grinding. Maybe it was even a way to break up usage stats and to diminish their relevance. If people do not use the Automatico as much they might not realise how effective this weapon is on average engagements. Also they can always point to the Huot and say: Look how relevant this weapon is now, 10% of Support players use it. From a statistical POV it is not very "honest", as it screws with the charts.

Edit: and on-topic of the new options again, the Optical variants look good on paper because you do not have to work with the huge weapon bodies in BF1, but on the other hand the optical sway is so huge that every accuracy bonus might get eaten up by it. When I look at my stats, the Optical variants do not have ANY advantage of iron sights. One could argue that this is what it is supposed to be like, but then they are just irrelevant as well, at best cosmetic options, they could have just left the Optical sights out for many weapon classes.

It just occured to me that the Hellriegel Defensive is pretty much the pre-patch CBJ-MS and the Ribeyrolles the post patch CBJ-MS. :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "VincentNZ" (May 2nd 2017, 10:10am)

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 8:23am

Having eagerly unlocked the 1906 Sniper variant, I'm just not feeling it so far compared to the other 5 round SLR's. Statistically I should, but early impressions are meh, maybe I just had a bad run with it.

Also, somewhat off topic and not sure where to post this, but unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks as though the Symthic accuracy plots for the M1907 SL Factory and Trench variants are reversed. Is this right?

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 9:31am

it looks as though the Symthic accuracy plots for the M1907 SL Factory and Trench variants are reversed. Is this right?

Isn't the Accuracy Plots in Weapon Info and Multi-Comparison plotting ADS Not Moving? Factory and Trench in ADS produce the exact same Accuracy Plots, because they have the same Spread, same Spread Increase Per Shot, same H-Recoil.

Once you've stopped shooting, the Trench will take 2x longer to Spread Decrease, but the plots do not reflect that.

Date of registration
: Jan 31st 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 10:27am

@Veritable

Thanks for clearing that up, I guess I was interpreting them incorrectly, as when say comparing those same 2 variants in the Cei Rigotti plots. (ie the Factory has better recoil decrease so the shots are tighter after the 1st, but it seemed the opposite on the 1907 trench vs factory).

Date of registration
: Oct 25th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 3:06pm

Having eagerly unlocked the 1906 Sniper variant, I'm just not feeling it so far compared to the other 5 round SLR's. Statistically I should, but early impressions are meh, maybe I just had a bad run with it.

Keep going with it, I run the 2.5x scope and I'm finding about 2.5% better accuracy than the Auto 8 marksman so far, although only 226 kills to date.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, May 3rd 2017, 8:17pm

I'm having the same experience; it just doesn't do anything particularly well. You can't fire anywhere near its max RPM beyond a certain distance, yet the Autoloading 8 completely destroys it within 47m (most engagements). If you want to make use of a bipod, there's the Mondragon which has less constraints.

Date of registration
: Apr 4th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, June 22nd 2017, 1:32pm

Anything for yesterday's patch?