Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, March 20th 2017, 9:00pm

Woo~. M1907 Trench is even better as you don't have to aim to be (relatively) accurate .
Rep++.

Absolutely! - I didn't include all the variants because many of them are similar to hitrater in a vacuum.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, March 20th 2017, 9:18pm

Is this data available for armor as well?

I'd be pretty curious to see where tankers are getting their kills, especially relative to BF4.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, March 20th 2017, 9:42pm

Is this data available for armor as well?

I'd be pretty curious to see where tankers are getting their kills, especially relative to BF4.

Here's a quick plot. I included all kills from all maps, so there might be a considerable bias:

(BF1 kills, kills done with vehicles only)

You can see the 90th percentile at right at 146.8m :v.
Sadly I don't have these numbers for BF4 though, so can not really compare.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, March 20th 2017, 9:52pm

I assume this doesn't include planes...just wanted to check. This shows why Assault is such a struggle vs. armor - short range weapons vs. long range armor and its support team. Bless the Ribeyrolles!

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, March 20th 2017, 9:54pm

I assume this doesn't include planes..

I believe it does, but I am not exactly sure if it includes vehicle-on-vehicle kills. I should have plotted with longer x-axis to see how far things extend, but already closed my notebooks ^^
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, March 20th 2017, 9:59pm

I assume this doesn't include planes...just wanted to check. This shows why Assault is such a struggle vs. armor - short range weapons vs. long range armor and its support team. Bless the Ribeyrolles!
The median is a pathetic 41 m. That's basically danger close for a tank in BF.

Date of registration
: Feb 1st 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 1:57am

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted

I believe it is a danger for tanks in the previous title. With rockets are less restrict to fire and general infantry's anti-armor weaponry have a longer impactful touch to the armor. In BF1 though, dynamite and limpet are purely useful at under 20 M. AT nade isn't that good at 20+M either, since it is impossible to let most pub players hit 40M nade throw every time. Then we come to the rocket gun. Yes, it is good at the middle~long range for AT staff. But the restriction is much. And the angle while you are pruning might be a really bad thing for even hitting a damn thing. So I think the danger zone for tank in BF1 is probably around 20~30. 40 is fairly speaking safe for tank.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 2:03am

Quoted

Quoted

Quoted

I believe it is a danger for tanks in the previous title. With rockets are less restrict to fire and general infantry's anti-armor weaponry have a longer impactful touch to the armor. In BF1 though, dynamite and limpet are purely useful at under 20 M. AT nade isn't that good at 20+M either, since it is impossible to let most pub players hit 40M nade throw every time. Then we come to the rocket gun. Yes, it is good at the middle~long range for AT staff. But the restriction is much. And the angle while you are pruning might be a really bad thing for even hitting a damn thing. So I think the danger zone for tank in BF1 is probably around 20~30. 40 is fairly speaking safe for tank.
You try to fart around 40 m from a killzone and not end up with squishies creeping up your flanks. People basically sprint as fast as the tanks can move too.

Rocket gun is basically 100% accurate <40 m unless bad, too.

Date of registration
: Feb 1st 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 2:26am

Yeah... I wasn't a good tanker... when I was going around as infantry. Tank at 20-30 was much more killable than at 40M for me personally. probably due to the fact that I run dynamic more than AT Gun. the nade has a better chance to hit at 20~30 to deal consistent damage and AT gun is probably much stronger while multiple people shooting at once....

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 21st 2017, 3:53am

Yeah... I wasn't a good tanker... when I was going around as infantry. Tank at 20-30 was much more killable than at 40M for me personally. probably due to the fact that I run dynamic more than AT Gun. the nade has a better chance to hit at 20~30 to deal consistent damage and AT gun is probably much stronger while multiple people shooting at once....
IMO the overall intent with tank vs AT balance was a squad vs vehicle, and is reflected by the burst damage/total output of a single player per magazine.

The rocket gun is practically as good as the HE cannons, just attached to a squishy platform.