Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 2:18am

So. the Auto-8 .35 Factory, compared to the Marksman, has 7.16% lower V-Recoil after its 5th shot, and then resets to 0 ~0.23s faster.

The pre-patch Luger 1906 Factory, compared to its new Optical-self, had 7.62% lower V-Recoil after its 5th shot, and then resets to 0 in... 0.25s? It's off the chart as recovery is still not done after 100 frames.

I... kinda LIKED the 1906 "Factory?" The new "Optical" has all the downsides that come with (this Recoil Decrease is one aspect), and still without the Galilean Sight. I hope the Factory comes back and the Optical is added alongside it, but that will probably cause nightmares with stats tracking so probably will not happen....

*edited to add* Also, it was reported that ANY mouse movement would stop Recoil Decrease in BF4. I wonder if that is still the case?

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Saturday, February 25th 2017, 2:34am

I... kinda LIKED the 1906 "Factory?" The new "Optical" has all the downsides that come with (this Recoil Decrease is one aspect), and still without the Galilean Sight. I hope the Factory comes back and the Optical is added alongside it, but that will probably cause nightmares with stats tracking so probably will not happen....

Add Optical sight and change weapon name, keep player stats attached. Add Factory (and MM) as new weapon, everyone starts from zero there.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, February 26th 2017, 8:58pm

Using the previously posted calculator, it actually seems like the recoil decrease of SLRs will be ever so slightly worse if my numbers are correct. More recoil but much faster settling.

Is this correct?

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, February 26th 2017, 9:39pm

Fixed rather embarrassing bug in the recoil decrease plotter. Last time I checked, 0.4*5 did not equal to ~1.67 . Fixed now though.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 1:48am

Just want to clarify one thing about the Rdec image in the 1st post. The graph is showing cumulative recoil right?

I wonder how they came up with the constants and why they do not want to keep the increasing Rdec with time since last shot.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, February 28th 2017, 2:11am

Just want to clarify one thing about the Rdec image in the 1st post. The graph is showing cumulative recoil right?

I wonder how they came up with the constants and why they do not want to keep the increasing Rdec with time since last shot.

Probably because they didn't like recoil decrease accelerating then suddenly stopping.

Having it slow down to where it should be probably looks a lot more natural.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Apr 18th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, May 1st 2017, 8:47pm

Not so clever person here, trying to learn the shooting mechanics as I'm fascinated by them.

Using that recoil tool, does the mars automatic fired at 199 have less accumulated recoil than the MLE 1903 fired at 359, when mag dumping? [1]
The MLE M1903 fired at 300 has roughly the same recoil accumulation as the mars at 199? [2]