Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, December 20th 2016, 2:19am

Sorry if I interupt this, but I do not know where to put it, did DICE change the sideways acceleration as well? I recall the transition between strafing left and right in BF4 was much smoother and more natural, when lookign at it in 3rd person. I just had a couple of times watching people stop and strafe and move and it looked like these old sped up Buster Keaton silent movies.

Honestly when you look at it closely these people must be tripping over themselves all the time. The animations are good, but it is so fast, that it looks totally off. How likely is it, that DICE will change that along the way, if this would also screw with weapon accuracy? At least the acceleration could be slowed down, although I do not know if this might be the same as in BF4 and just the strafing speed is odd.

elementofprgress

Wizard moderator

(3,544)

Date of registration
: Jun 28th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, December 22nd 2016, 6:27am

V = f (t)

And how the spread varies in relation to the soldier's speed

Spread = f (V)

To find Spread = f [f (t)]

^ This.
BF4 spread and movement

In the video I do a series of actions. The main ones to look at is when I run forward and stop. I do this by either running and releasing all keys or when releasing sprint then taping S(backwards) which brings you to a full stop noticeably quicker. Note how much faster the spread resets when I do the latter. The spread adjust itself accordingly to the players current speed every update. I imagine its the same for BF1 but should test just to confirm.

Symthic Forum Rules
Battlefield Data Browser
Come join us on teamspeak!!!
Symthic/Team Symthic Teamspeak: TeamSym.Nitrado.net

• "leptis" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 17th 2015

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, December 22nd 2016, 12:37pm

In the video I do a series of actions. The main ones to look at is when I run forward and stop. I do this by either running and releasing all keys or when releasing sprint then taping S(backwards) which brings you to a full stop noticeably quicker. Note how much faster the spread resets when I do the latter. The spread adjust itself accordingly to the players current speed every update. I imagine its the same for BF1 but should test just to confirm.

Unfortunately I can not see the numbers in the upper left corner window.

The braking technique is interesting. Sprint-Backward-Stop can be faster than Sprint-Stop. The first forces a change of state that perhaps has a more favorable dynamics.

Conceptually (not qualitatively) this would be---> Sprint to Stop:

I have found some evidence that mechanics can work by "states", like this: recovery after jump (maybe with a small forward speed):

Red line is only the parameter that fits, nothing more. But I have not been able to draw general conclusions.

As there are no speed records we can only speculate.

Next time, big numbers - small video, please :) :) :)