Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, December 13th 2016, 10:56pm

Fun fact: Crossbow regens ammo.
I think that this has been done to avoid too fast resupplying via ammo pouch.

It also lets you run setups other than "one gadget, and ammo" that Support is otherwise locked into. Now we just need the same treatment for Limpets and it will be perfect.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, December 13th 2016, 11:21pm

so, people are apparently rising an outrage over the martini henry fix...
i understand them,i never understood why the martini exhisted while looking at the stats, as the smle was better in every way, and yet i could do good with it, apparently the reason was because of the mutipliers.
sure, a fix was needed... but dice should have realized that they made the most fun-to-use primary weapon in the game a joke weapon, like most other rank 10 weapons

imho a buff to bring it back in line with its former self without reaching those levels of opness woul be to give it 10 more meters of 0hk and also a 1x multiplier to the stomach.... and a 1.2 to the head.
basically making it non-one-headshot-kill past a certain range.

that's literally the only way i cant think for it to become viable again without seeming somewhat op to the masses, because seriously, at the moment the model 10-a slugs it's a better weapon than the martini in almost every way.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,612)

• "Miffyli" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Tuesday, December 13th 2016, 11:57pm

Might have forgotten to say this earlier, but patch is now up on Symthic site.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 14th 2016, 12:15am

Non-linear damage drop-off is beautiful.

And it all vanishes in HC.

Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Dec 14th 2016, 12:35am)

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, December 14th 2016, 2:23pm

Noctynre, I am getting really, really fucking tired with this repetition:

SPREAD RESET RATES ARE NOT AN IMPORANT FACTOR FOR LMG'S.

Sustained fire is the way to go at any range where the levels of spread we are talking about is even a factor. So stop citing spread reset as the end-all argument to why the Huot is perfectly viable. If you are burst firing your LMG you are probably using it wrong. You are supposed to hold down that trigger and spray enemies down.

Furthermore, I have issued an EDIT in the post stating that i noticed the multiplier page, and did so WELL before you replied.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Wednesday, December 14th 2016, 8:36pm

Sustained fire is the way to go at any range where the levels of spread we are talking about is even a factor. So stop citing spread reset as the end-all argument to why the Huot is perfectly viable. If you are burst firing your LMG you are probably using it wrong. You are supposed to hold down that trigger and spray enemies down.

Spread decrease is relevant beyond simply resetting for the next time you fire.

It plays into how quickly you become accurate enough to take a shot when transitioning between different stances or coming out of a sprint.

And actually, tapfiring becomes relevant for LMGs specifically at ranges where spread and recoil do matter.

At those ranges, it is better to fire at minSpread after having your hRecoil deviation reset. The alternative hose will lead to hRecoil accumulating and more misses.

At this point, it is better to tapfire. Of course, tapfiring in BF1 is typically not as efficient or universally applicable as it was in BF4 but that does not mean there is no situation where it matters. In this specific scenario, tapfire leads to best results despite the loss in fire rate because you are not missing (hey, what does this sound like?).

In this respect, the Huot is the king of tapfiring (even more post-patch) in LMGs because of its high SDEC combined with its low SIPS FSM. It is able to fire faster from a state transition and fires off follow-up shots more quickly when tapfiring becomes necessary.

This can even be represented by pretending the negative spread increase is a secondary SDEC metric ((RoF/60) * SIPS).

The BAR Storm for example has a normal SDEC of 2.125 and a SDEC based on its SIPS of 0.85.

The Huot has a normal SDEC of 12.75 and a SDEC based on its SIPS of ~0.84.

As you can see, there's a big difference here.

The computation for the Huot leads to 7-8 frames to begin recovery ((60/475)/(1/60)) and 2 frames to recover from SIPS FSM ((0.106*4)/(12.75/60)) for a maximum of 10 frames.

Basing recovery off of full auto fire would take 7-8 frames multiplied by its SIPS FSM which leads to 32 frames to recover.

Tapfire not applicable? I don't think so.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Dec 14th 2016, 9:04pm)

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, December 14th 2016, 9:41pm

Spread decrease is relevant beyond simply resetting for the next time you fire.

It plays into how quickly you become accurate enough to take a shot when transitioning between different stances or coming out of a sprint.

And actually, tapfiring becomes relevant for LMGs specifically at ranges where spread and recoil do matter.

At those ranges, it is better to fire at minSpread after having your hRecoil deviation reset. The alternative hose will lead to hRecoil accumulating and more misses.

At this point, it is better to tapfire. Of course, tapfiring in BF1 is typically not as efficient or universally applicable as it was in BF4 but that does not mean there is no situation where it matters. In this specific scenario, tapfire leads to best results despite the loss in fire rate because you are not missing (hey, what does this sound like?).

In this respect, the Huot is the king of tapfiring (even more post-patch) in LMGs because of its high SDEC combined with its low SIPS FSM. It is able to fire faster from a state transition and fires off follow-up shots more quickly when tapfiring becomes necessary.

This can even be represented by pretending the negative spread increase is a secondary SDEC metric ((RoF/60) * SIPS).

The BAR Storm for example has a normal SDEC of 2.125 and a SDEC based on its SIPS of 0.85.

The Huot has a normal SDEC of 12.75 and a SDEC based on its SIPS of ~0.84.

As you can see, there's a big difference here.

The computation for the Huot leads to 7-8 frames to begin recovery ((60/475)/(1/60)) and 2 frames to recover from SIPS FSM ((0.106*4)/(12.75/60)) for a maximum of 10 frames.

Basing recovery off of full auto fire would take 7-8 frames multiplied by its SIPS FSM which leads to 32 frames to recover.

Tapfire not applicable? I don't think so.
I agree with this. Holding down and spraying targets at range is simply not viable for most LMGs other than the Benet telescopic with its stats and bipod of godliness.

Sure your spread is better, but your h-recoil is pulling your muzzle off the target like crazy in a way that you can't manage with irons. Ends up being a magdump with a high TTK.

Date of registration
: Jan 11th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, December 15th 2016, 7:47pm

I haven't played support much, but I have quite a bit since the patch. I'd say 90%-95% of the time I'm using sustained fire while I'm tapfiring only 5%-10% of the time. I don't have the Huot yet so I can't speak on it, but as for the Lewis suppressive I can say the difference is not minor, but major. And the crossbow is a great toy. I had considered Support to be the "weak class", but now I hold it right there with the rest.

The revolvers desperately needed that boost in recoil decrease, so I applaud that change. It just took so long for the aimpoint to come back down that your firing rate at longer ranges slowed down to a crawl. Might as well have been a bolt-action. Now they're more than just an indoor weapon.

I've only been in a landship two or three times, but those are some very, very serious buffs. Considering the changes in the Emergency Repair, it now can take a little bit more punishment than even the Heavy Tank. It also got the 20mm cannon from the Light Tank Flanker. I've got to try this thing.

Last note: the Model 10-A. They said it got a nerf, but it looks like a small nerf. Spread increase is not a big deal with that gun. I never thought it needed a nerf. I thought the other shotguns needed upgrades. People complain about shotguns, but they're kind of the same as sniper rifles. They're only good at one range, and they dominate that range. At the other ranges you're screwed.