Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, November 21st 2016, 11:55am

I have yet to disable any engines. Would you simply aim for the rear of tanks where I am guessing they are located?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,607)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 21st 2016, 12:04pm

Pretty much.

You have to hit it specifically though.

For the FT, this is pretty obvious.

The Mark V I haven't found specifically but that is due to how rare it is to see one.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 12:18pm

I have not seen the Armoured Artillery Truck mentioned yet, but it is definitely very potent against the FT-17 Light Tank. Just two direct hits from its Anti-Tank Cannon will take one out, so that firepower is approximately as heavily damaging as the FK 96 Field Gun.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,088)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, November 21st 2016, 2:05pm

BF1 Tank discussion

I moved tank-related discussion from "Will DICE fix the support" thread to avoid off-topicing.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,925)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 21st 2016, 5:20pm

@NoctyrneSAGA

I completely agree on the fact that the A7V and Mk5 requires a crew to be truly effective as they don't have turrets to cover angles, but despite this I find them strong enough with a crew of 3. Much like the Bomber (Pilot and Front gunner that switches to back when needed) constant manning of all the guns isn't necessary IMO.

I stick exclusively to the Breakthrough A7V and almost always play with a party, so we generally run 2 gunners that'll switch to the rear gun if needed while keeping one side and the driver seat always manned. This coupled with the supply drop perk of the tank and superior AT capabilities (compared to the ever present A7V flamethrower) make it the best "all around" tank.

As far as the Mk5 is concerned, two of its packages are very niche (Mortar and Tank Hunter), and the Squad Support package is great but often ends up with too many guns. Now, I greatly value the supply drop perk found in this, the Breakthrough A7V and to an extent the 37mm FT (although I never use this package myself), so the bias shows there. Something that hurts the Mk5 is that you don't serve as a team wide spawn, along with specialized packages and overall low seat counts it makes it for a undesirable tank for many.

Light Tank is my most used at ~600 kills, and I believe that outside of the 37mm version it's perfectly fine. Arty Truck I can't speak of the Mortar package but the other two fulfill their roles very well for a one seater vehicle.

Overall, while I agree on your observation that Mk5 Tank hunter has potential/Mk5 overall, I find that the A7V Breakthrough is overall the best (for pubs) just because it has a solid package and even when fully manned it doesn't take away that many manpower from the ground.

I've not used the Mk5 extensively enough/well enough to say much about it, because I used to think that some plane configurations were worthless until a better pilot than myself displayed how effective they can be. Mortar Mk5 does need some QoL buffs like the 360° coverage you mentioned.

Tl;Dr: A7V Breakthrough best pub tank if you have at least 1 gunner. FT17 and Arty Truck are strong enough while only taking away 1 soldier from the ground while Mk5's packages can be a bit lacklustre.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

• "tankmayvin" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, November 21st 2016, 5:48pm

The problem with the breakthrough is that the main gun sucks vs infantry so you need those autocannons operational. And even so, most of the time you're firing the main gun vs infantry but it sucks vs infantry. This wasn't an issue with a high up time anti-infantry secondary. But you don't have one of those anymore.

The assault can handle tanks just fine, although it needs some team help (*gasp*) against a breakthrough if you somehow still fail to beat them with the smokescreen + e repair. But it is so much more potent vs infantry so you won't be geting smurfed by rocket guns/grenades as much.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 5:50pm

I have not seen the Armoured Artillery Truck mentioned yet, but it is definitely very potent against the FT-17 Light Tank. Just two direct hits from its Anti-Tank Cannon will take one out, so that firepower is approximately as heavily damaging as the FK 96 Field Gun.
Can't fire main gun on the move, less armor than the heavies. A good vehicle, but it requires kiting and skirting the fight too much for my tastes.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 5:59pm

Huh. I did not realize that certain tanks were more prone to have their weapon disabled. Does the same thing apply to their tracks?
Pretty sure track/mobility kills are from critical hits. Which are tough to do on the A7 relative to the other tanks.

Weapons are disabled from high-damage hits to the weapon location. Driver primaries cannot be disabled. it's tough to gank both the A7V autocannons because the driver will be angling almost naturally but the MkV sponsons stick out and are square boxes so they disable easily since they are easy to target relative to other weapon stations.

If you blow up an mg station on an assault...good for you. I'll just slink off and repair momentarily if I survive.

Also a good trick: if you've got armor rents (ie visual damage and fire), but your tank health is high, leave it burn. It's cosmetic and it will lure enemy blueberries into taking risks because they think you're almost dead.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, November 21st 2016, 8:34pm

Driver primaries cannot be disabled.

Oh. And here I was aiming my Rocket Gun for the A7V's cannon every single chance I got, especially as the first shot of a fight. :pinch:
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 9:15pm

The problem with the breakthrough is that the main gun sucks vs infantry so you need those autocannons operational.

Really? The Case Cannon cannot be that poor of a choice against enemy infantry.