Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "tankmayvin" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, November 21st 2016, 8:03am

I want to like the tank hunter or squad landship so bad but they just aren't viable relative to the A7.

I have to agree, it's a shame the A7V is so much more effective/common than the others. You'll see FTs on occasion, but Mark Vs? As good as never.

I think a major reason for this is the driver weapons, mainly with the A7V and the FT. The FT is dramatically weaker (health-wise), carries less ammo ready, and, unless I'm mistaken, is slower than the A7V. Sure the FT has a turret and a couple other nice little features, but as a whole the A7V just straight up beats it in every way. And doesn't rely on passengers, that's the key issue. Unlike the Mark V, passengers are a nice-to-have force multiplier in the A7V, and it's not hard to wreck everything more or less solo as an A7V driver.

Despite needing a few buffs, the Mark V is at least how it should be in terms of having a weaker driver weapon in exchange for powerful side cannons. But the A7V doesn't progress like this; its driver weapon should be "weaker" than the FT for sure. As for buffing the Mark V, I'm not as sure how that should be done.
Well assuming landship is a write off balance wise, comparing the A7V and the FT:

FT Howitzer can smash any of the A7Vs providing you don't miss two shots in a row.

FT flanker can dramatically out kill pure infantry threats than any of the A7Vs.

37mm FT is crappy.

So the FT really isn't that bad by comparison. If my team can keep down enemy armor I'll usually use the Flanker. Ft weapon is more powerful than the A7V if you optimize for that

The real issue is that the default A7V has the best rounded loadout of everything: decent squad support in the form of seats and mgs, good anti-everything gun, tough, fast by BF1 standards plus the uber smoke + emergency combo. And you can really make those poor angle hits work wonders for you. Also because the FT isn't fast the extra heavy durability is very nice to have. Especially since it costs you no mobility.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 21st 2016, 8:52am

I want to like the tank hunter or squad landship so bad but they just aren't viable relative to the A7.

I have to agree, it's a shame the A7V is so much more effective/common than the others. You'll see FTs on occasion, but Mark Vs? As good as never.

I think a major reason for this is the driver weapons, mainly with the A7V and the FT. The FT is dramatically weaker (health-wise), carries less ammo ready, and, unless I'm mistaken, is slower than the A7V. Sure the FT has a turret and a couple other nice little features, but as a whole the A7V just straight up beats it in every way. And doesn't rely on passengers, that's the key issue. Unlike the Mark V, passengers are a nice-to-have force multiplier in the A7V, and it's not hard to wreck everything more or less solo as an A7V driver.

Despite needing a few buffs, the Mark V is at least how it should be in terms of having a weaker driver weapon in exchange for powerful side cannons. But the A7V doesn't progress like this; its driver weapon should be "weaker" than the FT for sure. As for buffing the Mark V, I'm not as sure how that should be done.
Well assuming landship is a write off balance wise, comparing the A7V and the FT:

FT Howitzer can smash any of the A7Vs providing you don't miss two shots in a row.

FT flanker can dramatically out kill pure infantry threats than any of the A7Vs.

37mm FT is crappy.

So the FT really isn't that bad by comparison. If my team can keep down enemy armor I'll usually use the Flanker. Ft weapon is more powerful than the A7V if you optimize for that

The real issue is that the default A7V has the best rounded loadout of everything: decent squad support in the form of seats and mgs, good anti-everything gun, tough, fast by BF1 standards plus the uber smoke + emergency combo. And you can really make those poor angle hits work wonders for you. Also because the FT isn't fast the extra heavy durability is very nice to have. Especially since it costs you no mobility.

One Mark V doesn't need any buffs.

The Tank Hunter package on that thing has the highest AT DPS in the game even allowing it to 2v1 Light Tanks.

Hell, it is even able to destroy a full health Howitzer FT while critically damaged.

Its power is no joke.

Using the TG as its main weapon also lets it down aircraft provided you have the proper firing angle.

Mortar Landship is retarded since the Mortar shares the same firing angles as the LMG AFAIK.

If they want to improve it, giving it full 360 degrees would be a good start.

Squad Support Landship is like a beefier A7V. It simply drains too many people for too little utility.

What's it going to do? Farm infantry? Use an FT Flanker for that.

The A7V is not particularly better either. It does actually require a crew to use well.

If the A7V is working out for you solo, then all I can say is that you are fighting idiots.

The reason a crew is necessary is because the A7V does not have a turret.

Instead of a single gun swiveling around to engage in all directions, they slapped on more guns with narrower firing angles.

You are completely vulnerable to sides that do not have manned guns.

This weakness also exists on the Mark V. However, the Mark V at least has a very specialized package that makes it worthwhile

The A7V does not. None of its packages are particularly inspiring or useful in comparison to alternatives.

Why devote 5 guys using the Flamethrower A7V to anti-infantry when just 1 guy in an FT Flanker does it better?

Why devote 4 guys to AT in the Breakthrough A7V when 3 guys in the Tank Hunter Landship do it better?

The Assault A7V seats 6 guys with mostly anti-infantry weapons. Sure, the driver gets something that can be used against tanks, but it's not as good as the Tank Hunter Landship or even the Breakthrough. It's a flexible tank that still requires a lot of crew members to ensure survivability. SIX GUYS.

The durability of the A7V is meaningless when a Tank Hunter Landship is capable of destroying it without much effort.

Basically, the FT Flanker is really the only useful package on the FT. Farm infantry, ignore vehicles.

The Tank Hunter Landship is the only useful package on the Mark V. Delete vehicles, ignore infantry.

Avoid the A7V. It doesn't do anything the other two can do better.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 9:41am

37mm FT is crappy.

One Mark V doesn't need any buffs.

The Tank Hunter package on that thing has the highest AT DPS in the game even allowing it to 2v1 Light Tanks.

Hell, it is even able to destroy a full health Howitzer FT while critically damaged.

Its power is no joke.

Using the TG as its main weapon also lets it down aircraft provided you have the proper firing angle.

Mortar Landship is retarded since the Mortar shares the same firing angles as the LMG AFAIK.

If they want to improve it, giving it full 360 degrees would be a good start.

Squad Support Landship is like a beefier A7V. It simply drains too many people for too little utility.

What's it going to do? Farm infantry? Use an FT Flanker for that.

The A7V is not particularly better either. It does actually require a crew to use well.

If the A7V is working out for you solo, then all I can say is that you are fighting idiots.

The reason a crew is necessary is because the A7V does not have a turret.

Instead of a single gun swiveling around to engage in all directions, they slapped on more guns with narrower firing angles.

You are completely vulnerable to sides that do not have manned guns.

This weakness also exists on the Mark V. However, the Mark V at least has a very specialized package that makes it worthwhile

The A7V does not. None of its packages are particularly inspiring or useful in comparison to alternatives.

Why devote 5 guys using the Flamethrower A7V to anti-infantry when just 1 guy in an FT Flanker does it better?

Why devote 4 guys to AT in the Breakthrough A7V when 3 guys in the Tank Hunter Landship do it better?

The Assault A7V seats 6 guys with mostly anti-infantry weapons. Sure, the driver gets something that can be used against tanks, but it's not as good as the Tank Hunter Landship or even the Breakthrough. It's a flexible tank that still requires a lot of crew members to ensure survivability. SIX GUYS.

The durability of the A7V is meaningless when a Tank Hunter Landship is capable of destroying it without much effort.

Basically, the FT Flanker is really the only useful package on the FT. Farm infantry, ignore vehicles.

The Tank Hunter Landship is the only useful package on the Mark V. Delete vehicles, ignore infantry.

Avoid the A7V. It doesn't do anything the other two can do better.
Landship tank hunter anti vehicle capability is largely theoretical, it's guns are easy to disable and it's lousy anti infantry ability means it sucks.

It also needs three people to actualize it's anti vehicle DPS and it's sponsons are easy to knock out, bye bye DPS once the shooting starts.

You spend most of your time fighting infantry, having shit overall anti-infantry makes any vehicle poor.

The A7V is better in basically every single way. The assault is highly survivable and decent anti-everything, the breakthrough has superior actualized anti-vehicle DPS and has incredible anti infantry DPS with two gunners. Better in every way than any of the landships in practice.

Landships have a miniscule fraction of the kills of either the FT or the A7V because no one uses them because they suck in practice.

The FT flanker is amazing unless you have to deal with armor, with the A7V I can fight everything, including bombers.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 9:56am

I dunno about that.

The Tank Hunter Landship might actually end up being a hidden gem.

Like the MG4 Stubby.

And yes, it sucks at farming infantry. That's not what it's designed for though.

If you want to farm infantry you wouldn't pick it in the first place.

It's used when you need to quickly destroy enemy armor which the FT is bad at.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 10:17am

I dunno about that.

The Tank Hunter Landship might actually end up being a hidden gem.

Like the MG4 Stubby.

And yes, it sucks at farming infantry. That's not what it's designed for though.

If you want to farm infantry you wouldn't pick it in the first place.

It's used when you need to quickly destroy enemy armor which the FT is bad at.
The vehicle respawn system is too slow to respawn vehicles responsively to threats. And again. It requires 3 people to work at reasonable efficiency.

I'm not saying it's never useful, but when you need to decide what tank to drop into a fight and you have no idea what the enemy is going to roll with, the A7V is the most sure bet. It can tangle with anything in the game and maximizes survivability.

The flanker is a high risk tank, it's amazing until you get caught out by enemy armor. I'm usually a pretty happy camper with I see any FT that doesn't have a casemate. I'm even happier when I see a landship cuz I'm going to get a multikill too.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 10:29am

I'll have to play more with the Breakthrough then.

I don't really recall losing out to Heavies inside the Landship but I do have 24/7 access to at least one reliable gunner so that does make using the Landship a better possibility for me.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 10:50am

I'll have to play more with the Breakthrough then.

I don't really recall losing out to Heavies inside the Landship but I do have 24/7 access to at least one reliable gunner so that does make using the Landship a better possibility for me.
I usually use the assault for the HE gun + smokescreen/emergency repair. Those specials in combination really give the tank survivability.

Breakthrough is great if you've got enemy vehicle troubles and you've got a gunner who can really make use of the autocannons. The breakthrough with a gunner can nearly equal the anti infantry firepower of an FT flanker.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 11:32am

I always considered the lack of freedom on the front gun to be a liability on both the Mark V and A7V.

Reason why I gravitate towards the Mark V is because the sponsons can face forward and to the side unlike the A7V.

I will admit the Mark V's parts are exposed and therefore easier to disable, but that hasn't quite stopped me from shutting down enemy armor yet.

Including A7Vs. That might just be because the TG has better range useability than the A7V's cannons though.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Monday, November 21st 2016, 11:40am

Huh. I did not realize that certain tanks were more prone to have their weapon disabled. Does the same thing apply to their tracks?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 21st 2016, 11:52am

Tutorial on how to destroy parts:

1. Target specific part.
2. Shoot it repeatedly.
3. Part destroyed.

Which is why the Limpet Charge is so good right now. Basically strong enough to guarantee whatever part it is attached to is destroyed.

Part of the A7V's strength comes from the fact the wheels/treads are completely shielded so it is basically impossible to immobilize it.

The most you will get from attaching a Limpet to an A7V is a destroyed weapon.

The Mark V and FT with their exposed tracks are much more prone to disabled tracks and even disabled engines.

This makes them very vulnerable to the Hijack Monkey.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.