Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Jun 13th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Sunday, December 11th 2016, 2:44pm

Good input, I feel exactly the same way for the 1907 variants, and favor the Trench as my go-to Medic gun for CQC.
The Sweeper is the worst of the three I think. Not only do you "not need" the Auto mode of the Sweeper due to its low ROF (anyone can click that fast), it's actually a bad thing because you tend to spray instead of really aiming your shots. Lots of ammo is wasted, you tend to run out of ammo with this variant, and in heavy CQC maps such as Argonne there are very few supports around as everyone is picking Assault with the 10-A Hunter.

Same feeling about the 8.35 for me, I want to like it because I just got the legendary skin for it, but can not favor it over the 1907. All variants are better on paper, but they just don't feel as effective as the 1907. You're either constantly reloading (with the 5 bullet variants), or doing slightly less damage than with the 1907 and somehow it's really noticeable for me.

The Cei Rigotti should be really bad according to the stats, but it feels really reliable and consistent. You have to master the stripper clips and count your shots to avoid single-bullet reloads, but the performance of the gun is really good. Trench and Factory both feel great, very good close to medium range performance but the long range is really lacking. The most frustrating Cei Rigotti moment for me was getting two headshots at long range with the target surviving and then sniping me back.

The Mondragon Storm should be just a straight upgrade from the Cei in every single way but it performs so much worse for me in CQC. 3 BTK at any range is a huge temptation to play only this gun but in close range I'm having trouble even getting those 3 off consistently, the Cei easily takes the cake here.

Maybe this is due to my playstyle but I can not "just sit back and chill" as a medic, I tend to rush in everywhere, get 1 or 2 enemies and try to revive everyone I can. For this, CQC performance is kind of important as a medic and something with terrible hipfire such as the 1916 simply does not fly for me (especially with Gas grenades on the field).

The 1916 should be the best on paper but damn its recoil and hipfire are so terrible. The Factory variant barely helps this. The Selbstlader Marksman is my best gun on huge maps and it's sooo fun to counter snipe or snipe people out of stationaries with it. As medic, I have the most kills with this gun because it's the best on paper and I wanted to make it my main Medic gun (with Medic as my main class).
But any 1 on 1 engagement vs Assault or Support I lose. The hipfire and CQC performance just aren't there and you'll die, a lot.

I haven't tried the 1906 because I don't want to be stuck with a five bullet gun.

But I have to say, the medic guns seem well balanced, featuring different playstyles and a good variety, with few pointless guns (and a pretty underwhelming level 10 upgrade).

The Assault guns are straight up boring in comparison, the Hellriegel is a slightly worse MP18 with a huge mag, the Automatico is a little Famas with comically bad medium to long range performance, and the Shotguns are pretty much all pointless because 10-A hunter.

Date of registration
: Oct 8th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 5:54am

With the few high level players I see pubstomping as a medic in domination, it's almost exclusively the m1907 sweeper.

I can't say, though, that's a mistake. Eliminating one thing to worry about, however small, at the cost of a small increase in ideal TTK, doesn't wrong.

• "Veritable" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, December 21st 2016, 7:06am

With the few high level players I see pubstomping as a medic in domination, it's almost exclusively the m1907 sweeper.

I can't say, though, that's a mistake. Eliminating one thing to worry about, however small, at the cost of a small increase in ideal TTK, doesn't wrong.

I personally would go with the Cei-Rigotti Trench for that usage, where you trade ease-of-reload for much better accuracy, while still being useable in mid-range: M1907 SL Sweeper vs Cei-Rigotti Trench | BF1 Weapon Comparison | Symthic Same 299RPM of automatic firing to boot.

Still, I see the point. The Sweeper's V-Recoil advantage makes up for the Trench's accuracy advantage, when I rank them.
Veritable has attached the following file: