Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, October 21st 2016, 12:05pm

Ah, I see. Is it due to this particular issue that DirectX 12 sometimes turns off by itself as well?

Date of registration
: Jun 20th 2015

Reputation modifier: 1

Friday, October 21st 2016, 12:15pm

Can't tell, I have crash if dx12 enabled.

But it'could be, DICE definitely messed up with settings.

• "FancyAndy" started this thread

Date of registration
: Oct 18th 2016

Battlelog:

Thursday, November 10th 2016, 8:20pm

Date of registration
: Nov 11th 2016

Battlelog:

Friday, November 11th 2016, 8:12pm

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 0 absolutely not pointless for me
Thread.ProcessorCount 8 best left on default maybe, but my performance definitely didn't get worse
Thread.MaxProcessorCount 8 best left on default maybe, but my performance definitely didn't get worse
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0 blur can be disabled from menu I dont trust the menu, since commands helped a lot in bf4
WorldRender.MotionBlurRadialBlurMax 0 pointless just to be sure
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0 pointless just to be sure
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0 pointless just to be sure
RenderDevice.VSyncEnable 0 can be done from menu just to be sure
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0 pointless just to be sure
RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0 pointless absolutely not pointless for me
There's a lot of nonsense talked with game config files. This really is no different.

You might say they are not "pointless for you" but some really actually are. I won't explain every command since I don't have the time nor inclination, but here's an example. the TLDR is that unless you understand what a command line does, and
have a good reason for implenting it, then don't do it just because you
saw someone on the internet say so.

"RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 0" is just bypassing the command. You have to pre-render at least 1 frame!
The reason this is included in the engine console, is it can help work around
either a GPU or CPU bottleneck in a system to some degree. The default value is "-1". which from testing seems to default to the GPU driver setting of pre-rendered frames, or could relate to a hidden default engine value. In any case, at least on Nvidia systems, it's the same as setting 2 pre-rendered frames. Setting it to 1 will reduce input lag, and reduce a bit of CPU load, but since this will likely decrease your frame rate at the same time, then it kind of cancels the advantage out, since frame rate has more of an effect on perceived input lag than anything. Setting it to 2 is the same as Default value, (on all systems I have checked) and setting it to 3, can smooth GPU frame stutters slightly, but at the expense of a bit more input lag, and a bit more CPU overhead. Any other value you enter, such as 4, 5, 7 or whatever, just uses the default value again. So you basically have three options, 1,2 or 3. Your option of 0, is bypass, which is effectively 2, since it's the default value.

I've always been fascinated by the placebo effect. It seems that it's none more prominent that in video game config files! Just out of interest... what effect did you feel you gained from setting this to 0?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TheNoobPolice" (Nov 11th 2016, 8:20pm)

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Saturday, November 12th 2016, 2:15am

Fix for the not working FPS counter:

Thank you! I think it finally worked.

Date of registration
: Nov 24th 2016

Battlelog:

Sunday, November 27th 2016, 1:23am

So I should set the prerender frames at 1 if I'm running an i5-2500k?

Date of registration
: Nov 7th 2014

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 10th 2016, 11:33pm

So I should set the prerender frames at 1 if I'm running an i5-2500k?
Maybe a bit late with this reply but I have the same cpu @4.8Ghz and I set mine to 1 in the Nvidia control panel. If you have an AMD gpu you can use RadeonMod to change the FlipQueue size (same thing as pre rendered frames) to 1.