Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 2:38am

I also see you guys talk about the luger, is that the 1906? I'm currently trying it out but i can't fathom why i would stick with it. The gun looks cool but the ammo count seems very limiting, further more it feels like it reloads faster while empty so under ideal circumstances i would use 3 shots to kill someone then either reload those 3 shots or expend the remaining 2 with the high probability that i won't kill anyone

Yeah, Luger manufactured the Selbstlader 1906 while Mauser manufactured the Selbstlader M1916.

I don't enjoy using the Selbstlader 1906 either, but at least it retains its potential to kill an enemy far away with just three shots to the body. Also, if you look the gun's stats, it does in fact reload a clip of five bullets faster than it can reload a single bullet.

• "Veritable" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 2:47am

Now, I don't want anyone to think that I'm just being obtuse and not seeing the glory that is the M1916's 8-kills-per-reload detachable magazine. When I play big paintball games, sometimes I have to try and top up my hopper while under fire. Sometimes it doesn't end well, and I drop crap all over the place.

I just think that the Battlefield guy NEVER has butter fingers, so I (and I'm sure many others) just hit the Reload key as often as I want to.

Then, looking back at my BF4 DMR experience (~18k kills, almost 90% of my total infantry kills), I put stock in "how fast can I get the kill" WAY HIGHER than "how many people can I kill without reloading." Thus, in my view, RoF is king (this affects full-fat DPS in addition to "optimal click rate"), SIPS / SDEC 2nd, Recoil 3rd, so on and so forth.

I didn't look at the BF4 ACE 53 SV's same 8-kills-per-reload magazine size as a huge benefit, certainly not enough to pick it over the 5-kills-per-reload SVD-12. Why? Because BF4 DMRs killed SO SLOWLY that you were not winning any heads-up fight vs. multiple opponents. You spent so much time killing the 1st guy, by the time you have done that, his friend(s) would have gotten wise and put an end to you... or at least have taken cover (if you were running Suppressed, like I did, so you didn't show on his mini-map).

And if, for the vast majority of the time, you only get 1 kill per engagement... then as long as the magazine size allowed you to get 1 kill, and you can hit the Reload key without much practical consequence, then I think it is fine.

That gets me back to the M1916. 200RPM "optimum" is just... WAY. TOO. SLOW. for a top-tier recommendation in my view. I might be convinced to take that award from the Auto-8 .35 Marksman or the Luger, and give it to the Mondragon Optical. But not the M1916....

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 3:00am

Don't worry, you are not being obtuse. I am just a very stubborn person. Haha.

I do see the merits of having a fast time to kill, but not when only the top few percent of players possess the accuracy necessitated to be able to use those low ammunition capacity weapons to their greatest effectiveness.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 5:02am

I put stock in "how fast can I get the kill" WAY HIGHER than "how many people can I kill without reloading." Thus, in my view, RoF is king (this affects full-fat DPS in addition to "optimal click rate"), SIPS / SDEC 2nd, Recoil 3rd, so on and so forth.

I'll second you entirely. The Auto .35 is absolutely one of my favourite guns right now; I need to practice with it quite a bit more before I'd consider myself able to really use it to its potential, but I really do love it.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 5:22am

For extreme close range on maps with concentrated pockets of close quarters combat such as Amiens and Argonne Forest, try using the Autoloading 8 .25 Extended some time, as it is without a doubt my weapon of choice for those situations. It has the same fast rate of fire as the Autoloading 8 .35 of just under 360 rounds per minute, a good bullet capacity of 15(+1) rounds per magazine, and is still able to kill via three shots to the body within 17 metres.

Date of registration
: Jun 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 10:37pm

@graysson

What would you suggest to new players for Level 0 / Level 1? I certainly don't think you'd be staying with the Cei-Rigotti Factory until you get to Level 2 to have access to the M1916 Marksman.

I went with the M1916 Factory but honestly I kinda regret it. I think I will have better performance with the Cei-Rigotti Optical, but now I don't have enough War Bonds to get that :(

@ChineseToTheBone

Then Mondragon Optical, 2.5x magnification setting, click at 240RPM. Best of all worlds....
Thats excactly what i would do now.
I went for the Rigotti Optical and it didnt work for me.
After that i tried the Selbstlader Factory and it was even worse.
So i stayed with the Rigotti Factory however painful it was til i got the Selbstlader Marksman.
When i finally got it i performed a lot better.
Now i want to try the Mondragon Sniper to decide with what weapon to play most of the time.
In the Beta the Mondragon worked better for me due to its bipod.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 21st 2016, 12:10am

I wish "Battlefield 1" kept the name for the Sniper variant of rifles as the Sharpshooter variant from the Open Beta. It sounded so much better.

Labby

(6,444)

Date of registration
: Sep 26th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, October 21st 2016, 10:26am

I wish "Battlefield 1" kept the name for the Sniper variant of rifles as the Sharpshooter variant from the Open Beta. It sounded so much better.

Actually what are now "marksman" were "sharpshooter" in beta, and what is now "sniper" used to be "marksman".

MAXIMUM CONFUSION
[Aetherblade Medium Boots]

JOIN THE TEAMSPEAK (L)EVOLUTION: teamsym.nitrado.net

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Friday, October 21st 2016, 10:31am

Actually what are now "marksman" were "sharpshooter" in beta, and what is now "sniper" used to be "marksman".

So hold on, did I get marksmans and sharpshooters wrong? I think I got these wrong.

At least there are no such inconsistencies between file and game names like in beta, where "something_Trench" was actually "Something Low Weight" or so :v
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, October 21st 2016, 11:50am

Seriously? You are kidding me. Now that is ridiculous.