Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 12:18am

So which Medic gun is the ACE 23?

auto 8 ext is the new AEK?

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 12:35am

Undoubtedly the Selbstlader M1916, which has not only the highest bullet capacity per magazine but also good all around stats.

Sure, since it has the highest rate of fire and can kill an enemy with just three shots to the torso in close range engagements.

• "Veritable" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 6:22pm

I haven't used either in BF4 (pure DMR guy even when playing Assault so I never bothered unlocking them) but if by "ACE 23" you mean "feel confident at every situation that you don't have the wrong stuff," then actually I think the BF1 equivalent is the Cei-Rigotti. Good magazine size, good RoF, holds its own in Hipfire / CQB / Medium Range / Long Range, while not being the best at anything.

The M1916 is just WAY. TOO. SLOW. for CQB.

For close-mid domination that the AEK used to do, even beating out SMGs and Carbines... no BF1 Medic gun will do it. If your playstyle is still close-mid, though, then looks like yes Auto-8 .25 or the M1907 Sweeper.

-----

My BF1 guy got to ~200 War Bonds last night, but not yet getting to Level 1 Medic (just as in previous BF games, I don't get to play nearly as much as others... I ended up with ~750hrs despite "continuous" playing). Since weapons are now gated behind Medic levels AND THEN you still have to spend War Bonds on them, I think it might be a good idea to "plan" a path for unlocking them, to minimize "wastage" so to speak (I'm still working through a 3rd playthrough of Dragon Age: Inquisition, and as someone used to Western RPG you "min-max" a bit), especially since I'm not quite sure EXACTLY how you get War Bonds.

Everyone starts with the Cei-Rigotti Factory. As I wrote above, I think it is the current "ACE 23," decent at everything.

Now I have just over 200 War Bonds after a couple of days, but still about halfway to Medic Level 1. That means I can pick either the M1916 Factory, Cei-Rigotti Optical, or the M1907 Sweeper. I went with the M1916 Factory. But, honestly depending on your playstyle of mid-long, average at everything, or CQB, you can go with any.

Based on my current progression, it looks like I will just get to another 200 War Bonds when I reach Medic Level 1. That means no going back to spending the War Bonds on the remaining Level 0 weapons... At Level 1, with 200 War Bonds, I'm going for the Auto-8 .35 Factory. The Mondragon Storm is the other alternate, and since they are right next to each other in my 1st post's ranking, you probably can't go wrong either way.

Medic Level 2, I will personally be spending my War Bonds on the M1916 Marksman, while the close-mid player might go with the Auto-8 .25 Extended instead.

Medic Level 3, I will be picking up the Auto-8 .35 Marksman 1st, since according to the criteria that I sent out in the 1st post, I say that it is the "best" Medic gun despite its magazine situation.

Beyond Level 3, there are no more "class level gates" until you get to the 1906, which is even better than the Auto-8 .35 Marksman in some ways. So, of course once I get to Level 10 I will pick up the 1906. In between, though, I will be spending my War Bonds on a couple more of the Level 3 guns: Mondragon Optical and M1916 Optical, probably in that order. I will probably pick up the Auto-8 .25 Extended at the same time. This way I shall have rounded out my "collection" and thus I have access to weapons that whatever map situation will call for....

Close: Auto-8 .25 Extended
Mid: Auto-8 .35 Marksman, Mondragon Optical, M1916 Optical
Long: M1916 Marksman
"Showing off" as Medic Expert: 1906 :P

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 7:13pm

I feel like when i use the auto 8 35 i shoot and i am like Oh yeah i have like 1 bullet left and need to reload. That's how quickly you go through a mag.

The m1916 is okay but like you said just to slow, you will get beaten by Rigotti, auto 8 35 and 25 and pretty much any SMG.

The 1906 is nice shoots quick enough but you need to manage 5 bullets well.

I like the Auto 8 .35 Marksman and the 1906 the most atm.

You can change the Magnification to 2.5 which is okay for close quarters too.

But the Medic guns don't make much sense , you are using medium-long range weaponry as a Medic that needs to get in close to revive teammates etc. You are pretty much in the thick of it.

But with these rifles you need to stick further away from your teammates to pick off any Enemies so you can go to them and revive.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 8:02pm

@Skanic

Yeah my "ranking" takes into account for magazine size / reload speed but that comfort level is very subjective. I will admit that I have yet to unlock the 5-rounds-internal-magazine guns, but like I mentioned before, I intend to treat it like how I ran shotguns: "if you're not shooting it, you're feeding it." Shoot 3-5 rounds to kill a guy, back off and reload, before engaging again. Shoot 1-2 rounds at a guy, he disappears, so you top up the magazine with single-load while you wait for him to show up again.

-----

As for what I'm doing right now with your valid concern that you have to run up into CQB to revive, but your gun is not really suited to stay there.... I play 2nd line and use my mid-range rifle. Then, when revives are needed ahead, I take out the Syringe and run in, and just Revive + Med Pack. Once that's done, I zig-zag and run back out, while hoping that the guys you just got up will help you draw their fire and / or shoot back. If it happens in a building, then have to rely on the M1911 + grenade until I can get out.

Date of registration
: Jun 22nd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 11:21pm

Im not a good enough player to use the weapons with only 5 bullets.
Too often i miss 2-3 shots and be out of ammo without getting the enemy killed.
Somehow i cant get the optical variant to work for me while i do well enough with the marksman variant.

It seems that after the warbond boost from the first few level ups are used youre limited more by warbonds than by class levels.
If i would start playing with my actual game experience i would save all warbonds at first and get the medic weapons in that order:
Selbstlader Marksman > Mondragon Sniper > Selbstlader Optical > ML1907 Sweeper > Autoloader Extended > Mondragon Optical > Autoloader Marksman
Because of my preference of the markman sights i could stop after the second unlock.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, October 19th 2016, 11:55pm

Medic Level 3, I will be picking up the Auto-8 .35 Marksman 1st, since according to the criteria that I sent out in the 1st post, I say that it is the "best" Medic gun despite its magazine situation. Beyond Level 3, there are no more "class level gates" until you get to the 1906, which is even better than the Auto-8 .35 Marksman in some ways. So, of course once I get to Level 10 I will pick up the 1906.

Prepare for a heavy dose of reality once you do unlock them. How the Autoloading 8 .35 loses its ability to kill an enemy with three shots to the body past 47 metres is absolutely ridiculous.

I have unlocked that final Luger 1906 by accident and its best trait is being able to reload a full clip very quickly, but that just means you will curse at the gun for a shorter period of time than the Autoloading 8 .35 when you use up those measly five bullets. Haha.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 12:01am

@graysson

What would you suggest to new players for Level 0 / Level 1? I certainly don't think you'd be staying with the Cei-Rigotti Factory until you get to Level 2 to have access to the M1916 Marksman.

I went with the M1916 Factory but honestly I kinda regret it. I think I will have better performance with the Cei-Rigotti Optical, but now I don't have enough War Bonds to get that :(

@ChineseToTheBone

Then Mondragon Optical, 2.5x magnification setting, click at 240RPM. Best of all worlds....

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 1:22am

Then Mondragon Optical, 2.5x magnification setting, click at 240RPM. Best of all worlds....

It's going to be unstoppable once Hardcore arrives.

I know many people here do not like the mode, but I enjoy it simply for how certain weapons become incredibly unbalanced for it with players having just 60 health.

Date of registration
: Oct 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Thursday, October 20th 2016, 2:32am

I just want to make sure i'm understanding this right. In the OP the first bit about 3-4-5 rounds then recover, is that in referring to the optimal clickage? ie clicking as fast as possible 3-4-5 times? That's to say, for the mondragon, you can put out 3 rounds with relatively little spread but after that it goes up?

I also see you guys talk about the luger, is that the 1906? I'm currently trying it out but i can't fathom why i would stick with it. The gun looks cool but the ammo count seems very limiting, further more it feels like it reloads faster while empty so under ideal circumstances i would use 3 shots to kill someone then either reload those 3 shots or expend the remaining 2 with the high probability that i won't kill anyone

Edit* Also, does holding breath factor into any of this? I'm not even sure you can hold you're breath with these rifles but every once in awhile i see it pop up on my screen telling me to do so.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "cpt.joo" (Oct 20th 2016, 2:43am)