Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Thursday, November 3rd 2016, 6:14pm

I have yet to use the Trench variant of the M1907 SL actually since having fully automatic fire in the Sweeper variant is just incredibly valuable for the close range engagements this particular self-loading rifle is intended for.

Yay finally somebody who sees the light!* ^^. With all the gas happening on the level, Sweeper allows you score some kills even when using gas mask.

(*) That or I am just too much of a newb to click many times in a row. Reviving and throwing medpacks is easier anyways, having immobile targets and homing medpacks.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

• "Veritable" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 8th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, November 3rd 2016, 7:12pm

One shouldn't quote oneself, but sometimes one gotta:

As a dedicated BF1 Medic, I will tell you how to kill me.

So please, I beg you, do NOT do any of these things ;(

On Flag Burn

Gas. Grenades. This forces me to either retreat out of the flag capture area, or to put on my gas mask.

If I stay on the flag with my mask on, then I cannot ADS... and since odds are I'm not using the M1907 Sweeper, my hipfire SUCKS, and you will OWN me with your hipfiring MP18 / shotgun / Madsen.

If I retreat, yes I can now ADS and probably shoot you as you come up. However, then I'm not doing my job and your team probably gets your flag back.

YouTubers are all falling over the M1916's 25+1 magazine, while I myself have extolled the virtues of the Mondragon Optical. However, when push comes to shove, I find myself going back to the Auto-8 .35 time and again, simply because of its fairly reliable Hipfire... which is absolutely critical when you are Mask On.

I personally use the Marksman variant so I still perform decently at range... it is slightly "dragged" down at range by its Velocity / Gravity / Drag (all related) but those can be countered by muscle memory (compensating for Lead / Drop). I don't play much, just ~25hrs in, already 3 Service Stars with it, ~35% Accuracy and ~20 in the WORLD according to the BF1 Tracker 8)

Date of registration
: Oct 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, November 3rd 2016, 7:39pm

i tend to just simply use the one with the best moving accuracy, which you guessed it: it's the cei-rigotti optical, for which i'm really sad i can't use the post sight which imo is the best optical sight, i also feel like it is WAY better than in the alpha, oh-so-much better, it's one my main weapons.

Yeah, the Rigotti Optical has been my go-to for more open maps while still being able to move with the frontline. But more urban maps and TDM/DOM have me using the trench a lot more because of all the gas.

I have yet to use the Trench variant of the M1907 SL actually since having fully automatic fire in the Sweeper variant is just incredibly valuable for the close range engagements this particular self-loading rifle is intended for.

Yay finally somebody who sees the light!* ^^. With all the gas happening on the level, Sweeper allows you score some kills even when using gas mask.

(*) That or I am just too much of a newb to click many times in a row. Reviving and throwing medpacks is easier anyways, having immobile targets and homing medpacks.

I found the M1907 SL trench more useful than the sweeper. Takes getting used to clicking every shot, but the extra hipfire accuracy is worth it. With that said, I have since moved on from the M1907 SL to the Rigotti trench. I've learned to compensate for the ammo capacity issue so that I have more reliable mid range performance while retaining the same close range killing power.

One shouldn't quote oneself, but sometimes one gotta:

As a dedicated BF1 Medic, I will tell you how to kill me.

So please, I beg you, do NOT do any of these things ;(

On Flag Burn

Gas. Grenades. This forces me to either retreat out of the flag capture area, or to put on my gas mask.

If I stay on the flag with my mask on, then I cannot ADS... and since odds are I'm not using the M1907 Sweeper, my hipfire SUCKS, and you will OWN me with your hipfiring MP18 / shotgun / Madsen.

If I retreat, yes I can now ADS and probably shoot you as you come up. However, then I'm not doing my job and your team probably gets your flag back.

YouTubers are all falling over the M1916's 25+1 magazine, while I myself have extolled the virtues of the Mondragon Optical. However, when push comes to shove, I find myself going back to the Auto-8 .35 time and again, simply because of its fairly reliable Hipfire... which is absolutely critical when you are Mask On.

I personally use the Marksman variant so I still perform decently at range... it is slightly "dragged" down at range by its Velocity / Gravity / Drag (all related) but those can be countered by muscle memory (compensating for Lead / Drop). I don't play much, just ~25hrs in, already 3 Service Stars with it, ~35% Accuracy and ~20 in the WORLD according to the BF1 Tracker 8)

I'll need to give the 8 .35 more of a shot from the sounds of it. If it does indeed have good hipfire, it might suit my needs quite well.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, November 3rd 2016, 8:23pm

I too use the 1907 sweeper, however I've switched to DMRs and hang further back now. Reviving right in the thick of things tends to get most of those guys killed a second time.

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, November 4th 2016, 1:08pm

I found the M1907 SL trench more useful than the sweeper. Takes getting used to clicking every shot, but the extra hipfire accuracy is worth it. With that said, I have since moved on from the M1907 SL to the Rigotti trench. I've learned to compensate for the ammo capacity issue so that I have more reliable mid range performance while retaining the same close range killing power.

With how prevalent Gas Grenades are in "Battlefield 1" forcing players to hip fire, I am finding the Cei-Rigotti Trench to be an excellent choice on most maps.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 4th 2016, 3:52pm

With how prevalent Gas Grenades are in "Battlefield 1" forcing players to hip fire, I am finding the Cei-Rigotti Trench to be an excellent choice on most maps.

Yeah, the Rigotti Trench is quickly becoming my go-to for anything close range. Has the same killing power of the M1907 SL up close, has MUCH better ranged performance, and still has the potential to engage two enemies if you're aiming well.

Date of registration
: Jun 10th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, November 4th 2016, 7:42pm

I have more than 30000 kils with dmrs in bf4. For me only s1916 (both optic variants) works. Rest of medic weapon simply have to small mags and are not accurate enough

used to be #3 in the World in RAWR Kills:)

Date of registration
: Sep 7th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 5

Friday, November 4th 2016, 8:05pm

Yeah, the Rigotti Trench is quickly becoming my go-to for anything close range. Has the same killing power of the M1907 SL up close, has MUCH better ranged performance, and still has the potential to engage two enemies if you're aiming well.

For close quarters on Argonne Forest though, you cannot go wrong with using the Autoloading 8 .25 Extended. I would highly recommend it for maps with extremely frequent close range enemy encounters, as it has the fastest rate of fire out of the self-loading rifles (though it is semi-automatic) and is still able to kill with just three body shots within 17 metres.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, November 4th 2016, 8:36pm

For close quarters on Argonne Forest though, you cannot go wrong with using the Autoloading 8 .25 Extended. I would highly recommend it for maps with extremely frequent close range enemy encounters, as it has the fastest rate of fire out of the self-loading rifles (though it is semi-automatic) and is still able to kill with just three body shots within 17 metres.

I rate the hipfire accuracy of the Rigotti Trench higher within 15m than the slightly faster ROF of the 8 .25. Couple that with the much better ranged performance and the Rigotti suits my needs a little better.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, November 4th 2016, 11:00pm

I have more than 30000 kils with dmrs in bf4. For me only s1916 (both optic variants) works. Rest of medic weapon simply have to small mags and are not accurate enough

That makes sense, as the M1916 and Mondragon are the only two that are meant to be DMR-like.
Who Enjoys, Wins