Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 5:49am

But haven't all the recent BF games had audio improvements added over time? It's something I kinda expect to be crappy at launch these days. But you're right that it's definitely something that needs to be spot on for this new map system to work.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 8:49am

Because, the direction and seeing shooting enemies on the minimap was pretty often pretty useful.

Far too useful, that's exactly why it was removed.

I know I'm derailing the thread now, but it's convenient now: I get the removal of the direction arrows. But removing shooting players from minimap too? Why ? Suppressor was very powerful in BF4. This minimap change has the same effect as equipping any weapon with a suppressor, but no velocity/spread penalty. Does the game want me to rely less on the minimap, because that's what it does. I got difficulties to see enemies anyway, this just cripples me even further.
still playin' Motorstorm

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 6:27pm

But haven't all the recent BF games had audio improvements added over time? It's something I kinda expect to be crappy at launch these days. But you're right that it's definitely something that needs to be spot on for this new map system to work.

I can not recall how it was in BF3, but BF4 had positional audio that was very good from the start. The shoutouts helped a lot, too until they got removed.

The audio in the Beta was really off, as C0llis said, sometimes you heard a shoutout with noone around, and it was likely you, but from another position. You heard shots go off rather close, but there was noone close to you for 50m. Generally BF1 left a feeling of total disorientation for a player like me, that played by sound, visuals and the map. I felt like I could never play tactically smart enough, because every information was withheld from me, by bug, game mechanics or visual hindrances.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 8:30pm

I can not recall how it was in BF3, but BF4 had positional audio that was very good from the start. The shoutouts helped a lot, too until they got removed.

The audio in the Beta was really off, as C0llis said, sometimes you heard a shoutout with noone around, and it was likely you, but from another position. You heard shots go off rather close, but there was noone close to you for 50m. Generally BF1 left a feeling of total disorientation for a player like me, that played by sound, visuals and the map. I felt like I could never play tactically smart enough, because every information was withheld from me, by bug, game mechanics or visual hindrances.

Well that's certainly bad news. I didn't get to play the beta so i'm just working off youtube videos so far. It seems odd to me that dice would bugger up sound so badly these days, considering even Bad Company 2 had great sound. Hopefully the release version will be better. I'm really hoping this won't be a BF4 situation of "leave it for a year so dice can actually finish the damn game with patches".

Date of registration
: Feb 25th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 8:44pm

the alpha if memory serves wasn't THAT bad... it still was bad, but not to those levels, positional audio in bf1's beta was terrible, didn't seem like there was such a problem in jacksfrags livestrem earlier though.
"I'm just a loot whore."

stuff mostly unrelated to BF4 that interests nobody

bf4
on 13/05/2016
23rd M320FB user on pc(13/05/16)
rush mode score RANK:2794 TOP:2% OUT OF:215398
obliteration mode scoreRANK:994 TOP:1% OUT OF:159466
handgun medals RANK:2236 TOP:2% OUT OF:143874
longest headshot RANK:9512 TOP:4% OUT OF:257589
recon score RANK:10871 TOP:4% OUT OF:274899
general score per minute RANK:10016 TOP:4% OUT OF:294774

bf3
31/3/2012 4:58:

Headshot distance RANK:493* TOP:0%
Revives per assault minute RANK: 6019 TOP: 3%
Headshots / kill percentage RANK:25947 TOP:13%
MVP ribbons RANK:18824 TOP:11%

*= 6 if we not count the EOD BOT headshots

@kataklism

ARGUMENT DESTROYED 100

ENEMY KILLED [REASON] JSLICE20 100

WRITING SPREE STOPPED 500

link to full-size old avatar:
http://i.imgur.com/4X0321O.gif

• "potetr" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 9:26pm

Sorry, but so far this entire page has nothing to to with the original topic.
@Hau_ruck
Feel free to make a new thread discussing impact of no minimap dots, lots of people it seems, and me, want to discuss it. I think more people would reply as well then.

Keep the thoughts on OP coming though! :thumbsup:

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. Itís a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions

Posts I should finish sometime:
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
New helicopter idea
Suppression rework
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas