Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Tuesday, October 11th 2016, 3:58pm

Bf4 also had the suppression bonus. The scoring event is tied to the death of whoever receives suppression, and the treshold to earn it seems very low, It conveys very little useful info:(

I couldnt play BF for a long time and when I played I was looking for Kills, ignored the points at all. I just remembered them from BF3, because it was such an apparent scoring hud. Just a side note.

Suppression can be used in various ways, but the most important is, to be able to proceed to the objective on an open field and you want to secure the path from Snipers or other long-range Weapon users. Besides, it shows possible nearby teammates, that there is a threat in a certain direction, they should look out for.

These are my common usage, if there are other ways to use it, fine. Idk about any other efficient use.

When I take a look at that case, it would be pointless to give a points reward, because up to 100 points for each percent suppression is too much. As a player I just want to know whether the Bitch in the distance is suppressed or not, so I can proceed or not.

A simple color switch of the enemy class-icon from Color to BLACK/GREY is enough of a hint.

I dont need the percentage, I just need a GO or STAY sign. Anything beyond the player can learn by counting the bullets needed until the damn class-icon turns from Color to BLACK.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, October 11th 2016, 5:20pm

On the topic of suppression, did anyone find the tunnel vision effect more debilitating than in previous games now that the enemies shooting at you don't show up on the minimap? In previous games the visual effects weren't that damaging since the minimap would tell where the fire came from. it seems to me, that this new system will make it more difficult to pinpoint where suppression is coming from.

I personally like this new approach, as weapons seem to have highly visible tracers, but firing has no map presence, demanding the player use their eyes and ears more than a map prompt.

• "potetr" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 11th 2016, 7:31pm

Bf4 also had the suppression bonus. The scoring event is tied to the death of whoever receives suppression, and the treshold to earn it seems very low, It conveys very little useful info:(

I couldnt play BF for a long time and when I played I was looking for Kills, ignored the points at all. I just remembered them from BF3, because it was such an apparent scoring hud. Just a side note.

Suppression can be used in various ways, but the most important is, to be able to proceed to the objective on an open field and you want to secure the path from Snipers or other long-range Weapon users. Besides, it shows possible nearby teammates, that there is a threat in a certain direction, they should look out for.

These are my common usage, if there are other ways to use it, fine. Idk about any other efficient use.

When I take a look at that case, it would be pointless to give a points reward, because up to 100 points for each percent suppression is too much. As a player I just want to know whether the Bitch in the distance is suppressed or not, so I can proceed or not.

A simple color switch of the enemy class-icon from Color to BLACK/GREY is enough of a hint.

I dont need the percentage, I just need a GO or STAY sign. Anything beyond the player can learn by counting the bullets needed until the damn class-icon turns from Color to BLACK.

I see where you are coming from, however, more detailed stats are quite useful.

You don't always need to suppress someone 100% percent. Effects scale linearly, so a sniper that is very far away needs fewer bullets to reach an unusable base spread than one that is closer. It's also nice to be able to let friends know you suppressed someone a little.

It's nice to know those few bullets had an effect.

If points are a concern, and they might be (good point) they could be awarded every 10 % instead of every one.

While every % would be the best (I don't care about the point balance, it is bad and flawed anyway) you still have hitmarkers to supplement with, which will make do. The points and hitmarkes could start showing when, say, 25% of maximum suppression is inflicted.

These hitmarkes could also have customizable colors. One for normal, one for "killshots" (inflicting 100% suppression), and one for "headshots", a hit dealing >x% suppression.
Something like this:

It would probably also be useful to be able to see if an enemy is suppressed. Like the health bar, but for suppression.

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. Itís a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions

Posts I should finish sometime:
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
New helicopter idea
Suppression rework
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "potetr" (May 15th 2017, 3:31pm)

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Tuesday, October 11th 2016, 8:37pm

On the topic of suppression, did anyone find the tunnel vision effect more debilitating than in previous games now that the enemies shooting at you don't show up on the minimap? In previous games the visual effects weren't that damaging since the minimap would tell where the fire came from. it seems to me, that this new system will make it more difficult to pinpoint where suppression is coming from.

I personally like this new approach, as weapons seem to have highly visible tracers, but firing has no map presence, demanding the player use their eyes and ears more than a map prompt.

Agreed.
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, October 11th 2016, 9:52pm

BUt that did not work well in the beta, especially audio wise. While I can pinpoint steps in BF4 all the time, I could not tell where people were walking in the beta of BF1. Paired with loud shots that could have been fired 50m away from you but sounded really close, plus bugged out directional hitmarkers and not even tanks showing up on the map when shooting it left a really bad taste in my mouth. Add to that these visual effects, and (for Sinai) very well working camouflage for the soldiers and vehicles, I found myself disoriented, surprised and "ambushed" constantly. That is to say people were surprised that they surprised me, the encounters felt very random.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 11th 2016, 10:31pm

@potetr

IMHO your Hitmarker suggestion is deeply flawed. An impacting circle like some touch effects on latest Android or the latest Google Chrome Browser has is imho superior. Just not a filled circle, but the outer edge which expands from the middle and diffuses outside the crosshair.
I cant find a proper gif right now, sorry. I hope my explanation is sufficient enough.

And for the actual effect on the Enemy icon: Fine, then add a gradient from color to grey to black. Done.

Yeah, I dont care about the points either, as they are fucked up, but I want my teammates to kill threats if possible.

btw.
The rework how the minimap works really grinds my gears. Not that I am opposed to it. I just dont know if it's good or not. If I gonna like it or not. Because, the direction and seeing shooting enemies on the minimap was pretty often pretty useful. I dont know what to think about it, therefore I completely ignore it in my thoughts about suppression.
still playin' Motorstorm

• "potetr" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 11th 2016, 10:52pm

@ARE5R06
Don't bother thinking much about the hitmarker design. I just doodled it while thinking and included it as some kind of illustration.

Fading to such dark colors could make them hard to see. Could be annoying.

I think stuff like this is best left to the UI designers at DICE.

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. Itís a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions

Posts I should finish sometime:
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
New helicopter idea
Suppression rework
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, October 11th 2016, 11:00pm

It would be a black square with a red health outline and a white class symbol in the middle.

Its a strong contrast, that's what's needed.

And IMHO the suppression hitmarkers arent needed, if the Symbol changes its color.

Just one of both options is enough.
still playin' Motorstorm

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 12:47am

Because, the direction and seeing shooting enemies on the minimap was pretty often pretty useful.

Far too useful, that's exactly why it was removed.
Who Enjoys, Wins

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,334)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, October 12th 2016, 12:55am

Because, the direction and seeing shooting enemies on the minimap was pretty often pretty useful.
Far too useful, that's exactly why it was removed.
I wouldn't mind it if they fixed directional audio.

Something is not right if my voice is coming from 10 meters ahead of me.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.