Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Date of registration
: Dec 2nd 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, March 24th 2017, 1:37am

Can someone help me understand this trend I'm seeing on the CTE reddit of people asking AT gadget effectiveness against infantry nerfed? Do people really have this much of a problem with the Rocket Gun and Geballte Ladung?

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Friday, March 24th 2017, 1:42am

Can someone help me understand this trend I'm seeing on the CTE reddit of people asking AT gadget effectiveness against infantry nerfed? Do people really have this much of a problem with the Rocket Gun and Geballte Ladung?
They want the game to be reduced to duels at ten paces with marshemellow guns.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, March 24th 2017, 1:45am

I think it's more that people want AT gadgets to excel at AT use, and not really be additional anti-infantry weapons.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, March 24th 2017, 1:48am

I think it's more that people want AT gadgets to excel at AT use, and not really be additional anti-infantry weapons.
A giant exploding thing that can punch holes in tanks should be pretty damn good vs squishy things.

It's already bad enough that horses can shrug off a rocket gun hit for "balance".

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(8,661)

• "NoctyrneSAGA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Friday, March 24th 2017, 2:07am

It's already bad enough that horses can shrug off a rocket gun hit for "balance".

Horses are just organic motorcycles. Don't think too hard about it.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, March 24th 2017, 2:08am

Horses are just organic motorcycles. Don't think too hard about it.
Those shouldn't be shrugging off a giant ball of explosive either!

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Friday, March 24th 2017, 2:22am

They should be. Light transports, or really any transports, being 1HK-ed by things is just asking for people to never touch them, and for everyone to also spam everything they have at them hoping for a sweet multikill all the time. Not having things 1HK aircraft is good for similar reasons.

C0llis

Up and down. Bounce all around

(3,218)

Date of registration
: Apr 15th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, March 24th 2017, 2:24am

The complaints about the AT grenade (in live, not CTE) are pretty valid. It's fine on conquest on the "normal" maps, but on more chokepointy game modes/maps it becomes a bit broken. You can spawn, dump 3 grenades (which are bound to be potent when chokepointy are involved), and either suicide to get maximum spammage, or play normally for ~30 seconds and chuck yet another grenade.

Spawning with 2+1 grenades and with a fourth grenade only ~30 seconds very exploitable by redeploying often.

It isn't a problem in most situations/game modes, but it can actually break some mode and map combination, which isn't good.

I'm looking forward to see ammo 2.0 get iterated on, so far it's promising.

Also, just to be clear, I have no beef with AT gadgets being effective against infantry (they are big balls of explosives, lol, and and usually quite clunky to bring to bear). But I do think that the AT grenades in live are too exploitable.

Things people said

And reading Youtube comments still gives me Turbo Cancer.

It really is quite frustrating when Helen Keller sets up her LMG in the only doorway in/out of an area.

What kind of question is that? Since when is cheese ever a bad idea?

Hardline is a fun and sometimes silly Cops and Robbers sorta thing and I think that's great. Or it would be if it didn't suck.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, March 24th 2017, 2:41am

They should be. Light transports, or really any transports, being 1HK-ed by things is just asking for people to never touch them, and for everyone to also spam everything they have at them hoping for a sweet multikill all the time. Not having things 1HK aircraft is good for similar reasons.
They should be fast an controllable, not tanky. Moving fast and being able to dodge is uniquely useful compared to moving slow and being squishy when you have to break cover.

Problem in BF1 is that they aren't controllable and not that fast outside of straight lines.

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Friday, March 24th 2017, 7:26pm

I have no problem with the AT nade being nerfed verses infantry. Give it a large AOE, but 40dmg. Maybe a very small inner radius of 80dmg, since due to the long fuse, they're pretty easy to avoid. The game has enough grenades as it is, and assaults should be saving these for tanks.

Everyone harps on medics/supports not doing their job, but IMO a bigger problem is Assaults ignoring tanks, and scouts being clueless as to how powerful the flare gun is (I lay this issue at DICE's feet, and their inexplicably horrible default minimap settings).