Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:24pm

Quoted

• None of the values have been playtested. Do not expect well-tweaked numbers yet.
  • Especially anti-tank gadgets might end up being too weak for AT purposes. Some gadgets had their damage adjusted already, but it might not be enough.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:41pm

The medic spot is nice and all, but I do not know if people will use it, because you either see people skipping the revive immediately, or they just lay there when a medic is nearby. Very situational. Obvious fix would be to remove the darn skip finally. More variants are also not bad, I just wished, that they would use a better way of displaying all the weapons, because as Assault, Medic and Sniper it gets a bit confusing.

I just want to know if I am right. Say tankmayvin is farming my team with his A7, and I decide to assist the rest of the assaults to down him with my three rocket gun. And, as he is very proficient, he downs us and lets us deplete all our ammo, but he is damaged at least, so we spawn back in try to fight him with now one rocket gun each, right? So in the meantime he repairs up and optimally he would still be damaged and maybe killed by us, with major casualties.
Less optimally though we would die, without killing him because our potential just dropped because we spawned with less ammo. Then while he patches up, we need to relocate to a nearby ammo crate to resupply, so we can all get our potential back. All the while this can be halted by spraying at our location, by the gunner, or anyone else that happens to come by. Alternatively, the support could come to each of us individually to give us extra ammo, keeping him occupied for a while. That is assuming four people working together though in a coordinated way.

If I am the guy, who seemingly is the only one going after a tank repeatedly, and we have all been that guy, because he is just shredding the team, then I am screwed rather, because if I die repeatedly, my potential is 33% of a fresh spawn.

So taking on a vehicle is not a thing in BF1 that can take pauses, with all these repairs and such. So whenever one guy is not shooting at the tank, because he is under fire himself, dead, has no LOS the target, needs to take a sip of water, whatever, the tank gains precious seconds. So now we might put ourselves in danger even more, with possible more downtime, all depending on a support to actively assess that the situation needs an ammo crate on every assault that has LOS on the target, making him the de-facto deciding factor against vehicles. Well seems like a hectic job.

And while it is generally totally reasonable to look for ammo for your primary on the battlefield, in vehicle engagements any downtime works against you.

Now that is unless I misunderstood something. I am aware that while you are engaging the target you might be resupplied with another rocket gun, but spawning with one or even two, actively punishing you for putting yourself in the line of fire is just stupid.

There are a couple of questions though: Is this timer saved between classes? Could I spawn as Assault, deplete my ammo, redeploy as Support and immediately redeploy as Assault to have my Rocket Guns back? How long until the timer resets? Can I play as another class for a while and when I spawn as a much needed Assault again, would I have one rocket gun or more?
What about picking up a kit? If I pick up an assault kit, will I have my Rocket gun ammo or his ammo, as before? Will the use of another player's ammo reduce my gadget ammo upon redeploy?
If the Saint Chamond is definitely moving to the base game you're going to see the A7V assault become extinct. Erep is basically nerfed to being fairly irrelevant and the Saint Chamond is otherwise better in every way except that it's super twitchy over rough terrain so no firing on the move.

And that means longer effective engagement ranges and high uptime + supressive weapons.

The way things are sitting right now (30 sec passive replenish and a passive replenish ceiling of 1), if you're dueling a tank and you don't kill it outright but deplete a few shots you're simply not killing it without a support glued to your ass. This was the intent, but I think it's shit design. They know this is a problem/shit and they explicitly say it's maybe not enough for at gadgets.

The flipside however is equally awful. If you buff the RG even more (such that it's approaching chewing up 33.333333 HP) it sucks for tankers because they basically can never be hit because you 100% die if being engaged by more than 1 assault at a time.

The K bullet is also looking increasingly amazing. You can methodically overcharge it to 7 shots, which with the ~17% buff is in the ballpark of 40% damage solo at frankly basically no risk.

This post by "tankmayvin" (Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:43pm) has been deleted by user "Miffyli" (Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:44pm) with the following reason: Rule 3

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:48pm

If my memory is correct...
(vs. Heavy Armour)

RG: 12-18% -> 14-19%
HE Launcher: 8% -> 10%
K Bullet 5-6% -> 6-7%

It doesn't seem like too much of a damage increase to me and I don't know if I'd rather have another dmg increase bringing 90 hits to 20%+ or min mag upped to "2".
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:51pm

Yeah but you do need communication and/or a couple of people at least passively get together to down a tank. In some circumstances on CTE now, you might desperately need an active support player with a crate that wanders around between you. Not accounting for stuff like misses and ricochet shots, that hurt already.

At least the tanker works on their own, unless they do change their ammo regen as well.

And you are right the Chamond definitely has an easier time, because the gunner can actively suppress anyone trying to shoot it. At least this is how I interpret the situation.

K-Bullets are indeed very good then. You might almost solo a FT or Arty wagon.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:53pm

K-Bullets are indeed very good then. You might almost solo a FT or Arty wagon.

7 Shots should mean a maximum of 70% against those vehicles. It's possible but except the 37mm FT they all have weapons capable of engaging at KBullet maxrange (150m), it's good on paper but not substantial IMO.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

This post by "tankmayvin" (Monday, March 20th 2017, 11:01pm) has been deleted by user "Blue Panda" (Wednesday, March 22nd 2017, 2:32pm)

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,584)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, March 20th 2017, 11:08pm

@tankmayvin
Using such language does not help support your argument. I removed few of your messages already, please don't make me remove more and give out warnings.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Monday, March 20th 2017, 11:10pm

This is an option now, since the K-bullets work like a shitty BF4 launcher. Minimal exposure, minimal threat, good ammo pool, mediocre damage.

Compared to the rocket gun, where you have a high risk, high exposure, usability issues and good damage.

Date of registration
: Apr 26th 2013

Monday, March 20th 2017, 11:10pm

Did you not read? They detailed the first pass numbers in a table....including damage tweaks to AT gadgets.

No no no. You are the one who didn't read:

Quoted

None of the values have been playtested. Do not expect well-tweaked numbers yet.
Especially anti-tank gadgets might end up being too weak for AT purposes. Some gadgets had their damage adjusted already, but it might not be enough.

Quoted

Added Weapons:

Hellriegel 1915 Defensive
Selbstlader 1906 Sniper
Huot Automatic Optical
Martini Henry Sniper

Defensive? Looks like we have a new variant altogether, boys.
Oh. My. Gravy. I want now.
Beautiful, an Optic to take advantage of the supreme accuracy.
That's...interesting? Hmm, could be good.

@BleedingUranium

Quoted

Corrected rate of fire for the M1903 Experimental and Sniper from 51 to 54 rpm, which is the actual ROF for these weapons.

Cool, a slight little improvement for my favorite Scout rifle.

Quoted

Added setting for break pre-round to be 6 players.

Thank frick for this. This will be especially good for starting a game on Operations quickly.

Quoted

Medics can now "spot" dead players to let them know they are attempting to come save them. The dead player will see a notification in the bottom left (where nearby medics are listed), and the medic will get an objective-indicator on the corpse.

I like it. More information is always a good thing for good players.

Quoted

Some gadgets allow you to carry more ammo than the standard maximum if actively resupplying on ammo crates. This bonus ammo is lost when you respawn.

This'll be ideal for all AT equipment once things are fine-tuned.

Quoted

When you respawn, most gadgets will come with the same amount of ammo you died with. This also extends across two gadgets of the same type, like HE and Frag rifle grenades. However, most gadgets will have a minimum amount of ammo, preventing you from spawning without any ammo.

This is good to know, I originally thought some gadgets would spawn dry, but that really wouldn't be a problem. To navigate that, Support players could just slap down ammo at the beginning of the round for their teammates to huddle around to get their standard amount and overcharge amount if and when it applies.
To Aim Assist or not to Aim Assist, that is the question.

Nope. Aim Assist or bust; here's why:

Default Aim Assist Data

Source code

AccelerationInputThreshold 0.98
    AccelerationMultiplier 5.0
    AccelerationDamping 4.0
    AccelerationTimeThreshold 0.15
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
    MaxAcceleration::Vec2
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
    AttractDistanceFallOffs::Vec2
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractOwnSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractOwnRequiredMovementForMaximumAttract 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    ViewObstructedKeepTime 0.0
    SnapZoomLateralSpeedLimit 1000.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.2
    SnapZoomReticlePointPriority 999
    SnapZoomAutoEngageTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMaxInput 0.2
    SnapZoomBreakMinAngle 90.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 1.2
    SoldierBackupSkeletonCollisionData *nullGuid*
    CheckBoneCenterOnlyDistance 40.0

No Slowdown Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 1.0
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom -1.0
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.0
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.0
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 0.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.0
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

No Auto Rotation Data

Source code

AccelerationDamping 4.0
    SquaredAcceleration 0.0
        x 2.0
        y 2.0
    YawSpeedStrength 1.0
    PitchSpeedStrength 1.0
        x 1.0
        y 1.2
    AttractSoftZone 0.75
    AttractUserInputMultiplier 0.45
    AttractUserInputMultiplier_NoZoom 0.5
    AttractTargetSpeedInfluence 0.85
    AttractStartInputThreshold 0.1
    AttractMoveInputCap 0.0
    AttractYawStrength 1.0
    AttractPitchStrength 0.34
    MaxToTargetAngle 45.0
    MaxToTargetXZAngle 45.0
    SnapZoomTime 0.2
    SnapZoomPostTimeNoInput 0.0
    SnapZoomPostTime 0.0
    SnapZoomBreakTimeAtMaxInput -1.0
    SnapZoomSpamGuardTime 0.5
    DisableForcedTargetRecalcDistance 7.0

Prepare your laughbox

the Sebstalder is quiet good since it can 3hit kill at any distanc ,but In my opinion i actually thikn the sweeper is better, its got a really really fast firerate that can beat alll those Noobmaticos, Helregall adn shitguns in close quarters , and its also really accurate out to like l;ong range,. overall great allround gun, jsut my 2$ tho

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "JSLICE20" (Mar 20th 2017, 11:35pm)