Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, March 20th 2017, 1:38am

I had no idea. Was this in the patch notes and I just overlooked it?

I'm pretty sure it was in the patch notes (alongside the option to disable Behemoths, which we knew was coming), I read it somewhere official. I did not read anything about it being added to HC though, which is bizarre.
Who has fun, wins.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, March 20th 2017, 2:08am

Some things to keep in mind: No matter how powerful/necessary you make ammo resupply you can't actually ensure that this will increase the numbers of people playing support because supporting roles in BF have always been a bit thankless.

In the older titles, where basically everything was hard-capped to resupply via ammo boxes or commander drops, support was still massively underplayed because it wasn't a very potent class in it's own right (2142 I'm looking at you). This resulted in situations where level 100 shitbucket tankers would find themselves begging commanders for a box, chasing box drops all around the map, or following behind a friendly support spamming the commo rose assuming you could even find one, let alone would that would drop.

Classic example in modern titles: javelin + soflam spam. Stupidly powerful but hard limitted in effectiveness by running out of ammo. A support player was needed to roll this indefinitely but good luck getting someone to basically drop ammo and then do nothing because after the UCAV got nerfed they had no gadgets/weapons that synergized with that combo. Only way you got ammo was begging a friend to make the sacrifice.

Just because you want to make support self-evidently needed, going to extreme of making support mandatory for optimal anti-tank in any AT engagement (this is the height of stupidity), is not necessarily going to result in the player base actually rising up to the challenge/changes. Behaviour is not straighforwardly controlled or encouraged.

With ammo 2.0, there is a real risk that there just aren't enough supports throwing ammo down where needed such that people are going into battle half cocked. Even if you are outkilling/outdamaging the damage or deaths you incur, if you're doing this at a high rate you're going to start running into a situation of being heavily penalized. Certainly this risk is evident in the AT paradigm as I posted before.

High turnover play winding up with a high rate of fallback to sidearms is IMO a god-awful balance aimpoint for the new ammo system. Likewise, situations where tanks need to beg ammo from(or some equivalent with infantry classes) supports also need to be avoided.

Derp gadgets that provide high kill rates/damage rates for little risk or effort are also notoriously hard to balance with regards to resupply and really just shouldn't be in titles like BF. They've done a pretty good job avoiding having any in BF1 thankfully.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,363)

• "NoctyrneSAGA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, March 20th 2017, 9:39pm

Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Apr 6th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, March 20th 2017, 9:41pm

Reddit will not like that.
[Aristocrat's Shoes]
TLDR -
Teamwork is where players function by themselves, but their effectiveness is multiplied when they work together. Not a checklist of "did we bring a healer so we can start playing?"

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 4

Monday, March 20th 2017, 9:46pm

Some important notes:

1) Fixed incorrect scope sway when using 2.00x or 1.25x magnification
2) Extra variant per level 10 weapon: Hellriegel 1915 Defensive, Selbstlader 1906 Sniper, Huot Automatic Optical, Martini Henry Sniper
3) Medics can now "spot" dead players to let them know they are attempting to come save them. The dead player will see a notification in the bottom left (where nearby medics are listed), and the medic will get an objective-indicator on the corpse. This feature was suggested in a thread here a couple of months ago, and we're very happy to finally test it on the CTE.

Date of registration
: Dec 14th 2014

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:08pm

@tankmayvin

You are right; support wont necessarily see a rise in popularity

But thats not the problem. Medic for anti personnel and Assault for anti tank are basically all the types that are needed on the battlefield

You cant even change that.

BUT support can have interesting self-sustained gadgets.
still playin' Motorstorm

This post by "tankmayvin" (Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:15pm) has been deleted by user "Miffyli" (Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:44pm) with the following reason: Rule 5, whining

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,838)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 18

Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:18pm

So they basically fucked anti-tank exactly the way I said they would.

INB4 rocket gun then gets buffed so that two hits can near-derp a heavy tank.

GG dice.

GG complaining before we even know the numbers.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:20pm

So they basically fucked anti-tank exactly the way I said they would.

INB4 rocket gun then gets buffed so that two hits can near-derp a heavy tank.

GG dice.

GG complaining before we even know the numbers.
Did you not read? They detailed the first pass numbers in a table....including damage tweaks to AT gadgets.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,088)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, March 20th 2017, 10:21pm

The medic spot is nice and all, but I do not know if people will use it, because you either see people skipping the revive immediately, or they just lay there when a medic is nearby. Very situational. Obvious fix would be to remove the darn skip finally. More variants are also not bad, I just wished, that they would use a better way of displaying all the weapons, because as Assault, Medic and Sniper it gets a bit confusing.

I just want to know if I am right. Say tankmayvin is farming my team with his A7, and I decide to assist the rest of the assaults to down him with my three rocket gun. And, as he is very proficient, he downs us and lets us deplete all our ammo, but he is damaged at least, so we spawn back in try to fight him with now one rocket gun each, right? So in the meantime he repairs up and optimally he would still be damaged and maybe killed by us, with major casualties.
Less optimally though we would die, without killing him because our potential just dropped because we spawned with less ammo. Then while he patches up, we need to relocate to a nearby ammo crate to resupply, so we can all get our potential back. All the while this can be halted by spraying at our location, by the gunner, or anyone else that happens to come by. Alternatively, the support could come to each of us individually to give us extra ammo, keeping him occupied for a while. That is assuming four people working together though in a coordinated way.

If I am the guy, who seemingly is the only one going after a tank repeatedly, and we have all been that guy, because he is just shredding the team, then I am screwed rather, because if I die repeatedly, my potential is 33% of a fresh spawn.

So taking on a vehicle is not a thing in BF1 that can take pauses, with all these repairs and such. So whenever one guy is not shooting at the tank, because he is under fire himself, dead, has no LOS the target, needs to take a sip of water, whatever, the tank gains precious seconds. So now we might put ourselves in danger even more, with possible more downtime, all depending on a support to actively assess that the situation needs an ammo crate on every assault that has LOS on the target, making him the de-facto deciding factor against vehicles. Well seems like a hectic job.

And while it is generally totally reasonable to look for ammo for your primary on the battlefield, in vehicle engagements any downtime works against you.

Now that is unless I misunderstood something. I am aware that while you are engaging the target you might be resupplied with another rocket gun, but spawning with one or even two, actively punishing you for putting yourself in the line of fire is just stupid.

There are a couple of questions though: Is this timer saved between classes? Could I spawn as Assault, deplete my ammo, redeploy as Support and immediately redeploy as Assault to have my Rocket Guns back? How long until the timer resets? Can I play as another class for a while and when I spawn as a much needed Assault again, would I have one rocket gun or more?
What about picking up a kit? If I pick up an assault kit, will I have my Rocket gun ammo or his ammo, as before? Will the use of another player's ammo reduce my gadget ammo upon redeploy?