Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

• "NoctyrneSAGA" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 7:18am

Unless support buffs damage output or effective fire rate, I don't see how you can break that equation. IMO support buffing is lame to introduce in BF.

Maybe that is what they are going for?

They did say they're going to reduce gadget ammo which means running empty happens more often. Support will then be needed to up the effective fire rate.

In the provided example, and based on the current function of the Ammo Box, the 3 Assaults effectively become 9 Assaults.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 13

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 7:30am

Unless support buffs damage output or effective fire rate, I don't see how you can break that equation. IMO support buffing is lame to introduce in BF.

They did say they're going to reduce gadget ammo which means running empty happens more often. Support will then be needed to up the effective fire rate.

In the provided example, and based on the current function of the Ammo Box, the 3 Assaults effectively become 9 Assaults.
Reducing assault ammo pool and forcing them to rely on support players for meaningful damage output against armor is IMO completely fucking disastrous in terms of impact on anti-tank balance. Being at the mercy of blueberries for damage output doesn't work in the pub context.

The support already is really good in combination with assaults for engaging tanks. The HE mortar is honestly a solid anti vehicle option if you're not going for the kill, and you can also smoke out tanks with it beyond the ability to damage it with great protection. In combination with assaults at close range, the support player with a limpet is also amazing.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 7:45am

Reducing assault ammo pool and forcing them to rely on support players for meaningful damage output against armor is IMO completely fucking disastrous in terms of impact on anti-tank balance. Being at the mercy of blueberries for damage output doesn't work in the pub context.

The context is in terms of stacking Assaults which means ammunition probably won't be an issue if there are 5 guys shooting at once.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 8:05am

Or 3 assaults becomes 0 assaults because the tank blows them all away with one shot while they are clustered around the ammo box trying to resupply AT ammo.

Figthing tanks as infantry is all about positioning. If you have to leave your position to resupply after making one shot, you might as well not bother.
bob

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 8:06am

Or 3 assaults becomes 0 assaults because the tank blows them all away with one shot while they are clustered around the ammo box trying to resupply AT ammo.

Figthing tanks as infantry is all about positioning. If you have to leave your position to resupply after making one shot, you might as well not bother.

Implying the box is the only way to resupply gadgets.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 8:16am

Implying the box is the only way to resupply gadgets.

OK, if you have a co-ordinated squad you can have a support running between each assault handing out pouches, trying not to get killed in the process.

It's starting to look a lot like MMO style "teamwork" here. "Did we remember to bring a Support so that we can start playing?"
bob

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 8:22am

"Did we remember to bring a Support so that we can start playing?"

Good thing you can actually play without Support.

Will you run out of ammo more? Sure.

Will you require Support to get it back? No. They'll just make the process much quicker.

Not to mention the option of stacking Assaults will still be there if Support is somehow otherwise unavailable.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Sep 17th 2013

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 6

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 8:28am

But it shouldn't be that it should play more "Alright, we have a support and a medic once this tank is down we can continue our assault without worry.". Right now it's "Everyone go assault til this tank is down, then die and go back to the class you started as."

It's like people forgot that in BF4 1 engi. was enough to 2 shot a tank in the best scenario, at least make them run at worst. So why this backlash against squad diversity now?

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 8:29am

So why this backlash against squad diversity now?

Because it is new and unknown. Therefore it is scary and must be driven out.

Not to mention that adjusting damage values to fit in with the new ammo counts and resupply times is not out of the question.

The new system provides a lot more flexibility for DICE to adjust damage output. We can see that with the Mini grenade vs the Frag grenade.

We can have weaker weapons that autoreplenish faster and hard-hitting weapons that replenish slower.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 8:37am

I don't think going 5 assaults should be the only viable strategy, but should be equally as viable as 3 assaults + 1 support + 1 medic.

On the effectiveness of rocket gun against tank, the main reeason that it is not effective is because you need to deploy to use it. A lot of times you cannot deploy at a good spot to shoot it, and are forced to shoot it at an angle, causing reduced damage or even ricochet. That is the reason why the rocket gun is not that effective compared to BF3/4 RPG/SMAW. Giving the rocket gun more ammo does not make it more effective, but only would that give people more opportunity to prone and wait for people to come out of a corner and one shot them.