Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, March 13th 2017, 11:50am

The big problem is that one whole flank is just flat open ground with a shipwreck in the background and no cover. Any player not on a horse on in the one measly armoured car they let us have will get hit by 15 snipers if they take that route. Then on the other side you have some sand dunes which can work sometimes but are often just too exposed.

If they put some extra buildings out there and maybe a few trees to cover movement then the map would be a lot less linear. More cars wouldn't hurt.

Yeah that and while the higher side of the slope you have more cover, I find myself forced on a horse to ride in the redzone most of the time to reach anywhere. Let alone the fact that taking a flag alone takes way too long. The whole map is bad, not because of the flag count but because of the useless geography it has. They need to rework that and not the flags.

Edit: Yeah Conquest Assault or Double CA could work here, to decrease the dullness.

Date of registration
: May 16th 2012

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, March 14th 2017, 8:57am

I think adding more armoured cars in base and allowing people to spawn into them directly would go a long way into making Suez less terrible. Maybe 3 armoured cars with 4 if you get allcapped. I really don't understand why you can't spawn into transport vehicles directly like you could in BF4.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, March 14th 2017, 9:06am

Welp, just played 5 rounds of nu-Suez and it played out the exact same as before, in fact usually one team got more steamrolled than before with 4/5 times one team got pushed to their gimme and 2/4 times they lost it as well and couldn't regain it.
That's because the problem is not the flags it is the terrain and narrow frontage, or rather the impossibility of moving around that map between the two villages because of the huge open deadzone on either side of a ridgeline.

If they were smart they'd scrap the whole middle and replace it with a bigger town that had two lateral flags and then have the gimmes on either side trail off to sort of open flags but where you at least have cover to get to the edge of the city.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 14th 2017, 4:35pm

I am going to leave this uncommented on the whole, but basically the biggest german gaming magazine Gamestar just embedded the latest video from MarbleDuck as well as referencing symthic.com.

Gamestar embeds MarbleDucks Video

That will surely give some attention.

Date of registration
: Mar 25th 2014

Battlelog:

Tuesday, March 14th 2017, 7:33pm

I am going to leave this uncommented on the whole, but basically the biggest german gaming magazine Gamestar just embedded the latest video from MarbleDuck as well as referencing symthic.com.

Gamestar embeds MarbleDucks Video

That will surely give some attention.
Wunderbar.
RIP Sraw

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, March 17th 2017, 11:08am

I think adding more armoured cars in base and allowing people to spawn into them directly would go a long way into making Suez less terrible. Maybe 3 armoured cars with 4 if you get allcapped. I really don't understand why you can't spawn into transport vehicles directly like you could in BF4.
There seem to be serious problems with armoured cars, motorbikes and jeeps in this game. I think they took out vehicle degradation, so if some moron drives the car into a trench at the beginning of the round, it won't blow up when people move away from it. Apparently Ballroom Blitz has armoured cars for each side but I never see them after the initial spawn. They either aren't respawning or are getting stuck somewhere. It doesn't help that even on a lot of large maps, each team often only gets one or two transports. The only real exception is Giant's shadow, where jeeps and motorbikes seem fairly common. Hopefully DICE is learning that it isn't fun to have to trudge hundreds of meters to the nearest flag.

Then there's the problem of them being less useful than a horse but that's a whole other topic really. I could go all day.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, March 17th 2017, 2:40pm

There seem to be serious problems with armoured cars, motorbikes and jeeps in this game. I think they took out vehicle degradation, so if some moron drives the car into a trench at the beginning of the round, it won't blow up when people move away from it. Apparently Ballroom Blitz has armoured cars for each side but I never see them after the initial spawn. They either aren't respawning or are getting stuck somewhere. It doesn't help that even on a lot of large maps, each team often only gets one or two transports. The only real exception is Giant's shadow, where jeeps and motorbikes seem fairly common. Hopefully DICE is learning that it isn't fun to have to trudge hundreds of meters to the nearest flag.

Then there's the problem of them being less useful than a horse but that's a whole other topic really. I could go all day.
People rarely respawn back at the uncaps and grab vehicles that are just laying around. The fact that all armor, planes, behemoths are spawned into from the map. But fast vehicles are not is a disastrous design choice. At least the flags do tell you when there is an untoched fast mover around.

Date of registration
: May 16th 2012

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 12:40pm

There has to be someone physically nearby for the armoured car to spawn. If no one goes back to base and sits there with a thumb up their arse waiting for the car, it will never actually spawn. I do it all the time on Suez and Amiens when my team has the flag disadvantage but it sure isn't fun sitting in base doing nothing. It's just one of the many design decisions that leave you scratching your head, wonderng what the thought process was behind it.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, March 18th 2017, 3:48pm

True that is a real issue. I think there is an icon though, when a transport vehicle is available at the base. Vehicle degradation should defnitely be in, as well as a clear notification when and what transport is available. I honestyl do not understand, which someone needs to be there physically for the vehicle to spawn, I can think of no reason for this.

That said, you never know, when potentially a spawn is available, I found myself waiting for a whole of three minutes on Shadow without anything spawning. This is not very exciting or fun.

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, March 19th 2017, 7:13am

There has to be someone physically nearby for the armoured car to spawn. If no one goes back to base and sits there with a thumb up their arse waiting for the car, it will never actually spawn. I do it all the time on Suez and Amiens when my team has the flag disadvantage but it sure isn't fun sitting in base doing nothing. It's just one of the many design decisions that leave you scratching your head, wonderng what the thought process was behind it.
Amiens seems to be the only map where I can reliably get an AC. I had noticed them weirdly "popping in" when I spawned but I assumed that was some graphical error or something. I didn't realize that my spawning was what made the car appear. Very strange design. I want to know what was wrong with BF4's system according to DICE.