Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 11:17pm

The M1903 Infantry should absolutely be in, and it was always intended to be until they couldn't get 30-06, 30-18, and K-Bullets all simultaneously working on the same weapon; the game wasn't able to handle one weapon having three different ammo types at once.

And nothing of value was lost.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 11:19pm

And nothing of value was lost.

To you. There are reasons to include things in a game that aren't pure gameplay or stats, and those are just as valid reasons. You don't have to use the rifle if it gets added.
Who has fun, wins.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 11:24pm

I do not particularly appreciate the inclusion of joke weapons, idiot traps, and false choices in a game that aims to be competitive.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 11:32pm

Seeing as apparently no comp player would actually use it, it's a moot point.

That said, the idea was that the variant would be the M1903 Infantry, but with the ability to switch to the Pedersen Device through Fire Select at all times, and also be able to equip K-Bullets. A rifle with the longest ranged sweet spot, most consistent velocity and drop, with the ability to become a super-high-capacity pistol-carbine, as well as being able to use anti-vehicle K-Bullets. I'd argue it would be the best and definitely the most versatile Scout rifle, balanced by lack of optics. Hardly a useless/joke weapon.
Who has fun, wins.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,529)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 11:41pm

An undertuned SMG with the ability to fire a high-powered round intended for ranges it can no longer reach isn't a joke?

Trying to justify its use by saying it can fire K Bullets doesn't help much since every rifle can fire K Bullets.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 11:47pm

Tweaked the damage behavior of the 12 g Automatic shotgun to balance all variants better against each other:

Extended: Increased pellet cone from 1.6 to 1.8 degrees. Should now two hit kill a healthy target up to about 18 meters.

Backbored: Reduced pellet cone from 1.28 to 1.2 degrees. Should now two hit kill a healthy target up to about 19 meters.

Hunter: Reduced pellet cone from 1.28 to 1.2 degrees. Should now two hit kill a healthy target up to about 21 meters.

All: Moved out damage dropoff by 1 m and added damage curves.

The 12g Automatic was good before and now it is really good.

Model 10-A Slug changes:

Reduced aimed dispersion from 0.3 to 0.24 when stationary and from 0.50 to 0.48 when moving.
Increased muzzle velocity from 380 to 420.
Reduced damage against gut, arms and legs.
Added ability to kill a healthy target with shots to the gut or upper arms within 8 meters.
Increased lethal range from chest shots from 10 to 11 meters.
Evened out recoil direction.

And now the Model 10-A Slug is "A Close Range Powerhouse and Medium Range Marksman."

Improved Selbstlader 1906 aimed accuracy, reduced recoil and decreased spread.

Look out Model 8 .35...

Whats bad about the Auto is and will always remain the bloody muzzleflash being the most effective smoke grenade in the game.

I do not particularly appreciate the inclusion of joke weapons, idiot traps, and false choices in a game that aims to be competitive.

I can agree with things like the Kolibri, but overal, all weapons should add something to the game. Especially the phantom was an unfathomable let-down. A weapon that required twice the balance tuning and artist work as your standard weapon, which was basically the reason we didn't get any other standard weapon in the DLC (the other reason being the railgun taking about trice the resources of a normal weapon), being turned completely unusable because DICE is too stubborn to make it armorpiercing.

But good gimmick options are necessary; you know, a few weapons that diverge quite far from the standard play experience and give you something to do when you get bored of the standard gameplay, for long enough for you to return back to the standard gameplay. It is part of COD's success (and yes i know half the people in this community got a spastic fit the moment i said cod); it just has this huge hierarcny of increasingly gimmicky weaponry to pick from once your standard full-auto assault rifle gets boring, so it creates this rotation of weapon usage. BFH also did it quite good; for all its flaws (Danny will agree with me on this), what BFH did great (Before they nuked it from orbit with the damage reduction patch because we can't have nice things) was gimmick weaponry. Whether it was the Tazer, the blackout, the harpoongun, the Scout elite, the Scorpion duo, the elephant gun, the Syndicate gun or the RO Blackout, there was a huge amount of variation past the mediocrily balanced standard gunplay that could keep you busy. Just the Taser delivered me hours upon hours of fun.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "colers" (Jan 31st 2017, 11:57pm)

Date of registration
: Dec 21st 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Tuesday, January 31st 2017, 11:58pm

Though the m1903 is more intended for longer ranges, a infantry variant of the m1903 wouldn't be a joke weapon nor impractical. along with the fact that the .002 drag makes for a more consistent drop, the sweet spot is within ranges that the iron sights are usable. Especially when the magnification of the sights is adjusted to 2x. Id also like to mention that the m1903 is tied with the SMLE for rate of fire at 53RPM, higher than the Gewehr 98 which has a RoF of 50.

I understand your point but to say the m1903 as an infantry variant would be a joke or completely useless is a bit of a stretch IMHO

Also the Pedersen could be more compared to a high capacity, more accurate pocket pistol like the m1903, frommer or the tachenpistole
Official heretic of the Symthic forums

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 12:50am

Though the m1903 is more intended for longer ranges, a infantry variant of the m1903 wouldn't be a joke weapon nor impractical. along with the fact that the .002 drag makes for a more consistent drop, the sweet spot is within ranges that the iron sights are usable. Especially when the magnification of the sights is adjusted to 2x. Id also like to mention that the m1903 is tied with the SMLE for rate of fire at 53RPM, higher than the Gewehr 98 which has a RoF of 50.

I understand your point but to say the m1903 as an infantry variant would be a joke or completely useless is a bit of a stretch IMHO

Also the Pedersen could be more compared to a high capacity, more accurate pocket pistol like the m1903, frommer or the tachenpistole

Indeed. I'd argue the M1903 is a better iron sight option than the G98, and between the two would be the more useful option.

Which are fantastic pistols. And I don't see how getting an extra gun for free isn't a huge benefit. With the properly-implemented M1903, you would get a long range, consistent-velocity bolt action with a decent rate of fire and that can still be used up close and a very high-capacity pistol carbine that can even be effective at mid-ranges if needed though sheer rate of fire and bullet capacity. You get both of these at once, for picking one single weapon option. In addition to that, you then get a sidearm of your choice (basically a second pistol, like a revolver for diversity) as well as two gadgets, one of which can be AT ammo for the rifle that already has two ammo types.

And I'm being told that the M1903 Infantry + Pedersen Device combo would absolutely no question be useless, when we have the G98 Infantry in the game? Nonsense. It would be one of the best Scout options in the game.
Who has fun, wins.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,880)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 3:59am

Intended use or not, I do not believe 100-150m is a range where 2x irons are usable effectively.

I have gotten kills past 100m with iron sighted rifles. It is possible to do so and all of that, but, more often than not you're barely shooting at anything more than a spot icon and putting your front sight over it, hoping you land the shot between the sway.

Also the biggest deterrent here would be the design of the 1903's irons, which don't allow for a good picture of the target. Compare these with the 1895 (60-100m) and G98 (80-125), whose irons allow for a much clearer sight of the target and overall target tracking.
It simply doesn't fit in my opinion.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Nov 29th 2016

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Wednesday, February 1st 2017, 10:59am

Any of you insiders know if the 1907 Sweeper is considered a Storm variant by DICE? I'd find it odd for a buff to be the only thing to be happening to this gun.