Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

• "samaelvice" started this thread

Date of registration
: Nov 4th 2018

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, November 4th 2018, 1:12pm

Any tips for lmg?

hello everyone,nice to meet you people.i play bf1 on PS.I got the game in July sale.I enjoy the game very much.I played some bf3 & bf4 on PC.When it comes to controllers,i find playing with controllers very comfortable as keyboard and mouse make my neck ache.So i do want to reach level 150 in this game.

I am now very confused by lmg in this game.
I like sniping with Infantry rifle at mid range very much,so i dont think i have an accuracy problem as i had when i first played the game.But i cant get any hit with lmg (light weight lewis,mg14/17 ,08/18,mg15 light weight)when my crosshair is right on my target,which is very frustrating.
short burst shoot seems not to be a good opion with lmg(light weight lewis ,mg14/17,mg15).Yet i do want to stick to burst shoots,because this is what we do in real world.so is there any way to improve the accuracy of burst shoots.
Someone tells me to turn off aim assist without specific reasons,while i find aim assist helps me control my guns when im firing lmg. When my cross hair is on the target ,i wont feel much recoil.

I like moving around in the map and i dont like to crouch camp.so I need some tips for mg14,mg15,lewis,mg08/18 light weight variant.
:(

bboypaktailo

Ruining people's shows since 2014

(424)

Date of registration
: Dec 26th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, November 4th 2018, 5:04pm

So although I haven't played BF1 (soon), I could give an answer to your third question.

Usually aim assist is turned off if you want to practice your target acquisition and recoil control as you'll be able to know the "feel" of the gun as it was made for the community to use, and the more you adapt to it, the more you improve your sense with the rest of the weapons as well, and since the game isn't holding your hand, your performance will rely entirely on your skill and experience with the weapon.

I'm only proud of my BF3 stats. I've barely played BF4.
I am a proud member of the Church of The One True Tohsaka. Our one and only Goddess!

Spoiler Spoiler

Starting the usual old members style of putting random quotes in signatures
You go up to a girl and say you're part of the most elite Battlefield 3 forum.
instasex.

This is Symthic: Game Science not Symthic : I felt it in my balls.

How to fix hitreg:
1. Go to server browser
2. Join 3rd world country server with 40000000 ping
3. Enjoy

Spoiler Spoiler

And.... I banged the fucking computer box yet again last night.... She had moved it a bit, but not to a better spot <.<

WAT. YOU BANGED IT?

All those open ports where just too much temptation for him...

Now this section is woowee special. This, is when DaRubester is drunk.
I think I should sacrifice part of my sigs just for when Rube is drunk.

DOOOIT MANG. ILL REP U NBRO

Currently playing: Dota 2, CS:GO
Playing on PS2 Emulator: Suikoden series

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(10,320)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, November 5th 2018, 4:38am

I like sniping with Infantry rifle at mid range very much,so i dont think i have an accuracy problem as i had when i first played the game.But i cant get any hit with lmg (light weight lewis,mg14/17 ,08/18,mg15 light weight)when my crosshair is right on my target,which is very frustrating.

It would help us identify your problem if you post footage.

short burst shoot seems not to be a good opion with lmg(light weight lewis ,mg14/17,mg15).Yet i do want to stick to burst shoots,because this is what we do in real world.so is there any way to improve the accuracy of burst shoots.

LMGs start off accurate on their first shot, lose a lot of accuracy for their second, then slowly regain accuracy with each shot you fire. Letting off the trigger resets the burst and will permit the accuracy loss to happen again. Bursting rapidly will only cause this penalty to accumulate quickly and lead you to not being able to land rounds on target.

This is exactly what you DO NOT want to do.

LMGs are used for heavy suppressive fire in BF1. Tapping or bursting is discouraged and even punished. Just let the weapon regain accuracy on its own by keeping the trigger held down.

The weapons that are meant to be bursted are the SMGs.

Someone tells me to turn off aim assist without specific reasons,while i find aim assist helps me control my guns when im firing lmg. When my cross hair is on the target ,i wont feel much recoil.

It's your own preference. If you find aim assist dragging you off your intended target frequently, turn it off. If you find it helping, keep it on.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

"Skill" may indeed be the most magical of words. Chant it well enough and any desire can be yours.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, November 5th 2018, 11:44am

thanks for your replies.
the 300 martini kill mission helps me a lot,i actually aim before i pull the trigger.
As for lmg i mentioned,now i can only aim for the lower part of the target and hopefully the recoil will let me hit the upper body.
I am trying to upload some recording.

I switched off auto rotate,which seems no difference. The auto slow down is still on,i just cant aim without it.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, December 1st 2018, 6:03am

to my great joy ,i have just found that lmg with storm suffix are perfectly designed for burst fire.
i love battlefield 1 so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can anyone give me some tips for airplanes,my next aim is to level up my pilot .

This post by "samaelvice" (Monday, December 3rd 2018, 2:36am) has been deleted by user "yugas42" (Tuesday, December 4th 2018, 2:21am) with the following reason: rule 13

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, December 5th 2018, 12:34am

to my great joy ,i have just found that lmg with storm suffix are perfectly designed for burst fire.

Glad you like them, but no LMGs in BF1 are designed for burst fire. They have reverse spread, which means they become MORE accurate the longer you hold the trigger if you can control the recoil. Storm variants have reduced recoil, so that is what you are noticing, but all the LW variants recover recoil substantially faster and have better spread characteristics. The Madsen LW and Huot LW are excellent run and gun weapons.

Bottom line though: don't burst fire LMGs in BF1 (see LMG post in my signature).

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, December 6th 2018, 4:05am

Glad you like them, but no LMGs in BF1 are designed for burst fire. They have reverse spread, which means they become MORE accurate the longer you hold the trigger if you can control the recoil. Storm variants have reduced recoil, so that is what you are noticing, but all the LW variants recover recoil substantially faster and have better spread characteristics. The Madsen LW and Huot LW are excellent run and gun weapons.

Bottom line though: don't burst fire LMGs in BF1 (see LMG post in my signature).
burst fire with madsen storm and bar storm is still a good option at least for me.Reason is simple. They have small magzine.Their horizontal spread is much less.Most important their vertical recoil is controlable.This makes burst fire very effective in mid and long range.
Lmgs with large magzines(more than 50 rounds) have much more horizontal spead which make them less controlable even the first few shots of Mg 15 storm are very seperate. I still burst fire it cause it is challenging and interesting.
As for huot ,im not into it.I dont take the trouble to unlock it.
I am not a scientific person, i reply mostly on my feeling.I posted my stream site in this thread yet the adm deleted it according to rule No.whatever.Maybe i will upload some footage.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "samaelvice" (Dec 6th 2018, 9:56am)

Date of registration
: Sep 3rd 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Saturday, December 8th 2018, 2:42am

Parabellum, LMG 08/18 are better used with burst fire. You won't control the horizontal recoil otherwise.