Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,661)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 17

Wednesday, June 6th 2018, 11:50pm

I have made an update which adds the new weapons to the site, and hopefully it will be pushed inside day or two.

Thank you for the update. I was looking at the stats for the preorder weapons and noticed that recoil values for the BAR M1918A2 seems off. I know you get the values directly from the files, but 0.028 (yes, 28 thousandths) for horizontal recoil. That is absurdly low as well as out of pattern compared to the other BAR variants. The vertical recoil is much higher as well (.8 versus 0.55). I know some people mentioned that the BAR A2 seemed to kick vertically a lot so that fits with that greater vertical recoil value, but that horizontal value has got to the the lowest in BF history.

Hmm I am being told BAR M1918A2 has two firemodes: One with higher firerate (600rpm) and one with lower fire rate (the one shown on site, ~359rpm). Maybe this is the part where scripts got confused?
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included

Date of registration
: Jul 18th 2013

Platform: 360

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 12:53am

Hmm I am being told BAR M1918A2 has two firemodes: One with higher firerate (600rpm) and one with lower fire rate (the one shown on site, ~359rpm). Maybe this is the part where scripts got confused?

Yes, that is correct: The BAR M1918A2 has two firemodes. The 359 RPM is the default and the 600 RPM is the alternate firemode. I'm pretty sure that the firemodes share the same recoil/spread values, so but I'm sure having two distinct ROF firemodes makes the file more complicated.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 1:13am

Oh you can toggle the firemodes?

That's really cool.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 1:24am

Oh you can toggle the firemodes?

Yes, just like you can switch other weapons from full auto to single shot, and vice versa.

• "botafogo4life" started this thread

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 4:54pm

It’s a battlefield V preorder bonus, like the BAR Factory and Thompson Factory. There are five, and they are not yet linked on Symthic. Those three are pretty good.

Okay, I was confused because I thought it was was for preorder people and premium people...

So wait -- Premium players can't even get a taste? What a ripoff... :thumbdown:

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 7th 2018, 6:59pm

Okay, I was confused because I thought it was was for preorder people and premium people...

A lot of people are speculating that these preoder guys will be available to everyone (not just premium players) when the June update drops. The thinking is that the preorder bonus listed something about "early access" to these weapons. So, hopefully they are right and we get these weapons in a few weeks.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, June 8th 2018, 7:10am

I hope so. I don't really have the money to preorder right now.

Date of registration
: Mar 31st 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Saturday, June 9th 2018, 4:52am

I doubt it - a lot of people who did pre-order for the weapons (and probably would have bought BFV anyway) would be awfully salty.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, June 14th 2018, 3:17pm

Welp, I caved when I saw a discount for ordering it through the BF1 screen itself.

What's everyone's opinions on the new guns for those that have them? I like the Degtyarev and the Mosin the most so far.