Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "kazcoyote" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 29th 2018

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, April 29th 2018, 5:43am

M1917 Mg

Is this weapon a fully automatic sniper (the Benet-Mercie on steroids). What is usually a draw back for lots of other LMG's, the slow fire rate this thing has makes it really easy to get headshots and hit critical areas of planes, even more than 300 meters away. Sure the weapon is useless for close range, but treat it like a sniper and it truly is op. As much as I love this gun I think they need to up the recoil on the telescopic just a bit otherwise they could have initially had this gun for the marksmen class and no one would question anything about it except that it's full auto.

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Sunday, April 29th 2018, 6:34am

Why did you do 2 separate posts about this with slightly different title, but the same exact copy and pasted message?
Itís an LMG, which is why itís for the support class and not the scout class.
Itís impossible to OHK someone with it, unlike most guns for the scout class. Suffers from slow ADS time.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Sunday, April 29th 2018, 3:52pm

Or maybe you shouldn't be taking on an emplaced, long range machine gun head on. The M1917 is a decent MG, nothing more.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, April 29th 2018, 5:58pm

Or maybe you shouldn't be taking on an emplaced, long range machine gun head on. The M1917 is a decent MG, nothing more.

Definitely this. For my ranged LMGs I basically go: >M1917 LW >>> MG15 LW >>>> LMG 08/18 LW >>> Chauchat LW depending on the range I'm dealing with. I find the 1917 has almost entirely replaced guns like the huot and BM for me. I think if the BM had a LW version (mainly for the irons/ bipod combo) then I'd use it more but storm is useless on a gun with barely any recoil to begin with, I hate optical sites and the telescopic site usually just serves to limit my peripheral vision.

• "kazcoyote" started this thread

Date of registration
: Apr 29th 2018

Battlelog:

Monday, April 30th 2018, 12:21am

Why did you do 2 separate posts about this with slightly different title, but the same exact copy and pasted message?
Itís an LMG, which is why itís for the support class and not the scout class.
Itís impossible to OHK someone with it, unlike most guns for the scout class. Suffers from slow ADS time.
First post I didn't think posted. I realize it's an LMG. The slow ads time is why it's pretty useless up close. I'm probably just really biased due in part to my play style.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Monday, April 30th 2018, 9:01am

TTK 2.0 was supposed to mix up the "meta," but for Support, it instead just shifted the meta completely in favor of the high-capacity machine guns (MG 15 n.A., Perino M1908, Parabellum MG 14, Browning M1917, and lMG 08/18).

Whatever advantages something such as the M1909 Benet-Mercie has over the likes of the Browning M1917 are way too minuscule to actually justify the use of the former (outside of service stars, challenge, or simply not having the latter). Look at the Medic class. Let's compare the Selbstlader M1906 to the Selbstlader M1906. The latter has five times the magazine capacity of the former while having a detachable magazine, and as such, it ends up having far worse performance in other areas to balance it out. This balance logic really isn't present in the Support class.

If anything, the ADS speed nerf was perhaps too drastic for the lower-capacity machine guns. Those should have an ADS time somewhere between TTK 1.0 and TTK 2.0.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, April 30th 2018, 3:46pm

TTK 2.0 was supposed to mix up the "meta," but for Support, it instead just shifted the meta completely in favor of the high-capacity machine guns (MG 15 n.A., Perino M1908, Parabellum MG 14, Browning M1917, and lMG 08/18).

Whatever advantages something such as the M1909 Benet-Mercie has over the likes of the Browning M1917 are way too minuscule to actually justify the use of the former (outside of service stars, challenge, or simply not having the latter). Look at the Medic class. Let's compare the Selbstlader M1906 to the Selbstlader M1906. The latter has five times the magazine capacity of the former while having a detachable magazine, and as such, it ends up having far worse performance in other areas to balance it out. This balance logic really isn't present in the Support class.

If anything, the ADS speed nerf was perhaps too drastic for the lower-capacity machine guns. Those should have an ADS time somewhere between TTK 1.0 and TTK 2.0.

I'd agree with this except for your inclusion of the Perino. That gun is trash. The tiny advantages it has over the M1917 are undone by terrible muzzle velocity and damage model that make it a mid-long range LMG that sucks at mid-long range. It also has terrible sights with half the screen covered. It is to the M1917 what the Madsen is to the Chauchat/ Bar.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, April 30th 2018, 4:17pm

I absolutely prefer the Perino, Hotchkiss, and Madsen to any of those others listed.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, April 30th 2018, 6:06pm

I absolutely prefer the Perino, Hotchkiss, and Madsen to any of those others listed.

But what does the Perino offer? 700 MV? 20 min damage? It's only real advantage is the lower vertical recoil/ lower fsrm, but the M1917 is already pretty easy to manage anyway. If you want a long range bipod MG then M1917 is better, if you want a close range bullet hose then any of the 3 belt fed German MGs are better. I found this really sad when I first used it because I quite like it's odd reload mechanic and wanted it to be good. But firing those slow moving marshmallows at people just isn't very fun.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, April 30th 2018, 7:07pm

Better vertical and horizontal recoil, better FSM, and I find the clip-based reload system and sights superior. The muzzle velocity is still high, I don't consider it any more significant than the recoil difference. Reallly, they're entirely equal and just different flavours.

Additionally, every aspect of the Perino's visual and audio design I find superior, which translates to me enjoying myself more and doing better.
Who Enjoys, Wins