Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, April 22nd 2018, 11:53am

While a 1919 Thompson prototype may be "close enough" (especially with ITNOTT bumping the game up to 1919), and the Fedorov-Degtyarev is perhaps passable, it'd be pretty stupid to actually go through with adding the M1918A2 BAR and Mosin-Nagant M38 into Battlefield 1. The game already features some anachronistic items, but that's generally been developer oversights. Deliberately adding guns that DICE knows are from WW2 would be silly. That being said, I wouldn't mind a period-correct Mosin-Nagant carbine.

Also, people are saying that these guns basically confirm that the next game is set during WW2. I've been saying that ever since I've first seen this art piece from Battlefield 1's lead weapon artist, which he posted over a year ago.

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 3:53am

So there was an update today. Anything hiding in the backend for us to pick apart?

I also heard updates will stop in June. So if they're gonna get added it's gonna have to be soon.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 10:51am

A bigger youtuber discussing the scope glint change.

Skip to 1:00 for facepalm.

"[The sweetspot] would, in theory, reduce the numbers of Scouts sitting on the edge of battles and not directly engaging or helping their team in a meaningful way. Now the other side to it is that while the intent might have been to improve gameplay by getting a class to integrate into the battle, the overall skill ceiling of the class was dropped down massively. And players quickly learned that the power the class held was almost worth abusing." - Westie

Skill ceilings and skill floors are not the same thing.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 8

Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 12:41pm

From below, a floor looks like a ceiling

;)

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. It’s a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions

Posts I should finish sometime:
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
New helicopter idea
Suppression rework
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "potetr" (Apr 25th 2018, 1:02pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 6:44pm

And if it would be possible to disable this by simple commands in user.cfg - that's a legal cheat.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 10:58pm

From below, a floor looks like a ceiling

;)

Still, I expect more from a so-called gamechanger.
Data Browser

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Jun 5th 2015

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 12:17pm

@NoctyrneSAGA

Definitely, it is strange how many of the Bf youtubers are not more interested in game design or even just what applies to Battlefield. This game series is a huge part of their life, but they don't seem that interested. Like, how are they not reading symthic? (atleast previously)

On topic, all the glint changes are great!

signature 2.2

Things I support
ammo regen pls

Quoted from "NoctyrneSAGA"

_____
When I play with it [Autoloading 8] I feel like I am batman taking out 1 after 1 baddie while they feel helpless and don't know who is talking out their mates.
Remove 3D spotting. It’s a mechanic that rewards bad eyesight.
Wanna help your team by sneaking through enemy territory to provide spawns? THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK FGT I HOPE YOU RUN OUT OF MOTION BALLS TOO EARLY TO BE SUCCESSFUL
Wanna be Javelin squad but only have two guys? BETTER NOT GET YOUR SOFLAM KILLED FGT THIS IS NOT TEAMWORK WITHOUT A SUPPORT DUDE DROPPING AMMO ON YOU EVERY 2 MINUTES
Please post your best M1916 clips Magazines *fixed*.

DICE pls

Squadmate Healthbars in the HUD
Minor console QoL improvements
Ping Tool idea
"Wants to talk" tag for squad menu
Adding Suppression Confirmation
Spotting suggestions

Posts I should finish sometime:
Squad priority vehicle system (and anti stealing suggestion)
Scoring system flaws (and concept)
Battlefield definition
New helicopter idea
Suppression rework
Flow, immersion and fun in battlefield
Specializations: ideas and system rework
Gadget reworks and ideas
Why limited infinite ammo would be awesome
Other bitesize ideas

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 4:29pm

Anyone know the Liu's bolt action rate of fire?
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 5:22pm

@NoctyrneSAGA

Definitely, it is strange how many of the Bf youtubers are not more interested in game design or even just what applies to Battlefield. This game series is a huge part of their life, but they don't seem that interested. Like, how are they not reading symthic? (atleast previously)

Same reason politicians are not all that interested in deeply learning about the topics they are legislating: it's not actually necessary when pandering to the masses. So why bother?

They want money/prestige/power, those are the huge parts of their life. BF Youtube videos are just a vehicle for that. Better to drive a Ferrari to work than a rusty old Lada right?

As an example: calling BF casual became popular and fashionable so that's basically all they do. I still have no idea what that even means in the context, or what a non-casual BF title looks like. Nobody bothered to sit down and really define these things, they just resorted to memes.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 6:51pm

@NoctyrneSAGA

Same reason politicians are not all that interested in deeply learning about the topics they are legislating: it's not actually necessary when pandering to the masses. So why bother?

They want money/prestige/power, those are the huge parts of their life. BF Youtube videos are just a vehicle for that. Better to drive a Ferrari to work than a rusty old Lada right?

As an example: calling BF casual became popular and fashionable so that's basically all they do. I still have no idea what that even means in the context, or what a non-casual BF title looks like. Nobody bothered to sit down and really define these things, they just resorted to memes.

Yes, the community is very much meme-driven. Just look at all the meme guns and the really terrible "quit/teamswitch if you are losing" meme.

I imagine in their heads, accessibility and low barriers to entry = casual.

Therefore a game that has a high barrier to entry is good. Just like sniping in previous Battlefields. A kool kids' klub if you will.

My greatest fear will be a switch from rational designs to meme-driven design.

Symthic Game Science might just die out and be replaced with Le Reddit Memes.
Data Browser

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "NoctyrneSAGA" (Apr 26th 2018, 6:57pm)