Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "BleedingUranium" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, April 20th 2018, 8:27am

New weapons, weapon fire modes, and scope glint mechanics in CTE

M1903 Experimental and General Liu alternate modes are now in CTE in work in progress form. Springfield is exactly what you'd expect, Liu shares its bolt action mode damage with the same-cartridge Gewehr 98, giving it a 100-125m sweetspot.

The new scope glint system is now live in CTE as well. Bolt action Marksman and Patrol scopes now have glint alongside Sniper variants, and if you're in their sweetspot a rainbow-looking distortion effect will also be present. For the shooter, Patrol/MM/Sniper bolt actions will now have a depth of field effect applied to their scope, making everything outside their sweetspot a bit blurry / out of focus, and holding breath clears the blur effect; this feature can be disabled entirely in the settings.

Additionally, five new weapons have been datamined in CTE. Thompson M1919 Annihilator, Fedorov-Degtyarev, Burton 1917, Mosin-Nagant M38, and Colt M1873 Single Action Army. Someone with file-searching talent please look into these.

Edit: More info added to CTE post, please read.
Who Enjoys, Wins

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "BleedingUranium" (Apr 20th 2018, 8:30pm)

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Friday, April 20th 2018, 8:30am

Annihilator :D

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, April 20th 2018, 12:05pm

Something ate my post?

Er, well. Some Thompson trivia-ish. . .

There's reports of there being prototypes in 1917 and 1918, but all known patents are from at least 1919. With the benefit of doubt, though, it wasn't unheard of to file patents for "super weapons" until after development is completed. There were two different Annihilators. One of them had a more pronounced magazine well (similar to many modern rifles such as the M16/AR-15 family), which I believe to be the Annihilator I. This would have only accepted stick magazines. Meanwhile, the other prototype, likely the Annihilator II, had a more recognizable magazine well (or almost lack thereof), which was capable of taking drum magazines (patent US1347755A likely being such). There also seemed to be a second belt-fed "Persuader" prototype, US1403623A. This seemed to primarily change up the belt container position, trigger guard, and belt feed mechanism. Lastly, there was an automatic rifle seemingly based of the design, which I'd presume to be the rumored .30-06 Springfield rifle that was apparently supposed to compete with the M1918 BAR (patent US1397698A).

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, April 20th 2018, 1:56pm

So what's happening with the Lui? I got my 10 kills with it but couldn't figure out anything remarkable about it and I never really see it used.

These scout changes sound interesting if maybe a bit harsh. And I say that as someone who fights them with a bipod MG which is never fun.

ps. who else thinks the SAA is going to have the most exhilarating reload time, adding tension we've never felt to the battlefield?

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, April 20th 2018, 7:50pm

Kinda weird. The M38 was made well after WW1.

Is it supposed to be an 07 or something?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 20th 2018, 8:16pm

So what's happening with the Lui? I got my 10 kills with it but couldn't figure out anything remarkable about it and I never really see it used.

These scout changes sound interesting if maybe a bit harsh. And I say that as someone who fights them with a bipod MG which is never fun.

ps. who else thinks the SAA is going to have the most exhilarating reload time, adding tension we've never felt to the battlefield?

"Liu shares its bolt action mode damage with the same-cartridge Gewehr 98, giving it a 100-125m sweetspot." Did you... switch it to bolt action mode?

The glint changes are excellent, and solve the complaints about not being able to tell when a Scout is looking at you or if they're in sweetspot range. It's not like Scout isn't getting any love though, between the four new variants, Springfield Experimental's Infantry mode, and new Mosin.

Well it is the greatest handgun ever made. Six bullets is more than enough to kill anything that moves.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Aug 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Friday, April 20th 2018, 8:22pm

The entire weapon selection, burton and colt aside, are a massive WW2 reference.

The Avtomat Dyegtarov is from 1921
The Mosin M38 was, as stated, made much later. Expect it to be added as "Mosin Carbine". One hting of note is that it has substantially clearer ironsights than its WW1 counterpart.
The Thompson, both of them, are most definitely not Thompson prototypes, but literally just standard M1921's with no stock or rear-sight. You can tell this by the differently shaped charging handle, which is L-shaped on the annihalator, doesn't exist on the persuader, and is the standard C-ball on both models presented. The barrel of the annihilator is also neither shrouded nor finned, but actually a ported heavy barrel. Shrouded thompsons simply don't exists as far as I know, but it does come closer to the actual annihalator than the finned barrel, mostly because the finned barrel doesn't have a front post, making me thing its unlikely that it will actually be in the game
The BAR mentioned will most likely be put in the game as the M1918 Experimental. The unique thing about the BAR A2, aside from some minor things such as a flash hider and a bipod, is its unique fire selector which actually toggles full-auto fire rate instead of actually toggling the trigger function. Basically, it would be a bar that can flip between the function of a standard bar and of a shitty Bennet Mercie/Huot at will.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 21st 2018, 12:29am

Thanks to this video which actually shows the file info, we know the planned variants for the new guns.

Thompson M1919 gets Storm and Trench, no bayonet. It appears the two models will simply be for each variant.

Fedorov-Degtyarev appears to be incomplete and does not list variants yet.

Burton 1917 is Trench and Optical, can mount a bayonet, and can use incendiary ammo. Incendiary ammo appears to be its alternate fire mode, like the Liu and Springfield have; I'm guessing one magazine will always be normal ammo and the other always incendiary.

Mosin-Nagant M38 does not have variants listed, can mount bayonet.

Colt M1873 has no interesting things listed.

BAR M1918A2 has no variants listed, but *does* have "fastfire". A notable feature of the WWII-era A2 model was its togglable rate of fire, either ~400rpm or ~600rpm.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Battlelog:

Saturday, April 21st 2018, 7:59am

The Thompson, both of them, are most definitely not Thompson prototypes, but literally just standard M1921's with no stock or rear-sight. You can tell this by the differently shaped charging handle, which is L-shaped on the annihalator, doesn't exist on the persuader, and is the standard C-ball on both models presented. The barrel of the annihilator is also neither shrouded nor finned, but actually a ported heavy barrel. Shrouded thompsons simply don't exists as far as I know, but it does come closer to the actual annihalator than the finned barrel, mostly because the finned barrel doesn't have a front post, making me thing its unlikely that it will actually be in the game.

The early development of the Thompson is quite a mess, really. The pictures of the "Annihilator" you see on the internet are as you described, along with the pronounced magazine well. However, while I'm definitely sure that prototype is from 1919 or earlier, I can't even find any patents that match said "Annihilator" from those photographs. The patent filed March 14, 1919 seems to depict a fairly standard or heavy barrel. However, the patents of May 15, 1919 do portray a shrouded barrel. The first Thompson SMG patent I found that uses the mentioned ported heavy barrel is for the "Persuader," filed on December 5, 1919. While not easily noticeable from the old photographs, that patent does show that the Persuader had an L-shaped charging handle on the right side behind the belt feed mechanism. As far as the knob charging handle is concerned, the earliest patent of such I found was also filed on December 5, 1919, and then the what-I-dubbed-as "Persuader II," filed on December 19, 1919, used the knob charging handle along with a ribbed barrel.

There's also this, which is what the ribbed-barrel version of the CTE Thompson 1919 is based on. As mentioned, that specific gun was presented to Colt in 1919.

The shrouded version found in the patents still used an L-shaped charging handle, and the front sight post wasn't quite as tall. So, DICE basically just shrouded the Thompson in the video. The ribbed version will likely be the Trench variant due to the lack of a proper front sight, and the shrouded version will likely be the Storm variant.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "CReaperDorian" (Apr 21st 2018, 8:15am)

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 8

Saturday, April 21st 2018, 3:42pm

I think that M1918A2 and M1891/38 are weapons from next BF title, so DICE might gave us pretty big spoilers.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.