Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "OldBFAddict" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, April 19th 2018, 7:10pm

Am I missing something on the 1917 Enfield?

I was excited about the U.S. primary-issue rifle till I tried it and found the sights cover up half the screen. The only way Ive been able to get kills with is to use the cross hairs and snap shoot. Oh nce Im ADS, I cant see the target.

And a 100m sweet spot? At that range, the sights would hide an airship.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, April 19th 2018, 8:29pm

I was excited about the U.S. primary-issue rifle till I tried it and found the sights cover up half the screen.

You aim with that little post at the front.

FUN FACT: The BAR is supposed to have these same exact ironsights.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Champion
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, April 19th 2018, 8:33pm

It has my favourite Scout rifle ironsights. Well, I'd prefer the Springfield, but we still don't have it. ;(
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 19th 2018, 8:42pm

It has my favourite Scout rifle ironsights. Well, I'd prefer the Springfield, but we still don't have it. ;(

Springfield irons are garbage. later replaced by the superior irons on the M1917.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Champion
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

• "OldBFAddict" started this thread

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, April 19th 2018, 10:41pm

Use the post? No shit?

The problem is the aperature is so small and everything around it blocks so much real estate, its impossible to locate the target in the aperature, at least not fast enough to do it before the target moves, or you get killed.

With open sights, you can see the front sight and the target and adjust aim quickly.

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, April 20th 2018, 10:06am

Realistically, the M1917 Enfield was deemed to have among the best iron sights out of all the WW1 service rifles.

I don't believe the problem with the M1917 Enfield has to do with its iron sights, but rather its bolt-pull animation. This rifle would be far better if the front post were more-or-less pasted to the center of the screen, and then the rear aperture would be panned away from the center of the screen during the bolt-pull animation. The sights are fine, but the target reacquisition is pretty lousy. I can also say the same about the Carcano M91 and Russian 1895 Trench. Both of those rifles would see a good bit more use if their sights would go back to center a few tenths of a second prior to the next shot being ready to fire.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 20th 2018, 4:18pm

Use the post? No shit?

The problem is the aperature is so small and everything around it blocks so much real estate, its impossible to locate the target in the aperature, at least not fast enough to do it before the target moves, or you get killed.

With open sights, you can see the front sight and the target and adjust aim quickly.

Then use the Lebell.
-------
Champion
noun \ˈcham-pē-ən\

Date of registration
: Aug 24th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 3

Friday, April 27th 2018, 6:23am

Realistically, the M1917 Enfield was deemed to have among the best iron sights out of all the WW1 service rifles.

I don't believe the problem with the M1917 Enfield has to do with its iron sights, but rather its bolt-pull animation. This rifle would be far better if the front post were more-or-less pasted to the center of the screen, and then the rear aperture would be panned away from the center of the screen during the bolt-pull animation. The sights are fine, but the target reacquisition is pretty lousy. I can also say the same about the Carcano M91 and Russian 1895 Trench. Both of those rifles would see a good bit more use if their sights would go back to center a few tenths of a second prior to the next shot being ready to fire.

I found sights that work well in real life doesnt translate well in games. Your in game firer will always have the perfect hold, cheek weld and eye relief ( nor fumble a mag :D ).
Back in BF4 the industry leading Eotechs (Holo in game) were inferior to the cheap Chinese aliexpress red dot. The Enfields thick diopter and a small aperture would make it easier to achieve proper eye relief and would be easier to zero precisely. The sights on the 1907 SLi detest in game but would be great on a scrub gun.

....that leads me to wonder...did shooters in WW1 train to fire with both eyes open??