Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 5:13pm

interesting custom map rotations

This is quite literally the only feature I miss. The toxic chat and hacker bits are irrelevant to console players like me, and there's nothing else I can think of about custom servers that I miss. I'd consider renting a server myself just for a custom rotation, if it wasn't for like 90% of the maps I like being in the base game (and the two DLC maps I like most coming to base game soon due to being in TSNP).

Yeah, to be honest I really screwed the pooch buying premium since most of the maps and weapons I like are base game + TNSP. I'm unimpressed with most of the other DLCs. Could have gotten the premium pass at a steal when it went on sale before most of the DLC even released!

Actually, add that as another thing that still annoys me: the way they handled premium and sales before any of the DLC even released. And the DLC release schedule in general. It really failed compared to even the BF4 lifecycle with all of its horrible technical issues.

I will NOT be buying day-1 premium come BF2018.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 8:26pm

The DLC release schedule was definitely bizarre in BF1, but I'm very happy with what I paid for; there are very few maps I'd consider bad, and the weapons and vehicles are all fantastic, it's worth it just for them.
Who Enjoys, Wins

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Friday, April 27th 2018, 1:18am

Yeah the release cycle sure has been wonky for the last iterations of DICE shooters. Waiting 6 months for new content in the form of maps surely does not keep folks interested. However this existed in BF4 as well, where PC players received the SA maps 10 weeks later than console players. We did get the weapons though at the same time.

This has surely been the last BF where I bought premium from the start as well. I never had a problem with the concept before, I could always somewhat predict what content I will be getting and roughly when I will be getting it. In BF1 I had no real idea what was coming when and that bothered me a lot. Plus of course basically every DLC released when I had already lost most interest in this game. Had there been a regular three month schedule or less it might have been a little different, as maps and weapons keep even stale games fresh.

I think there is a psychological issue as well, even if Battlefront and BF are developed by different studios you get the vibe that one somehow tries to replace the other. This does not hold true for actual design I suppose, but for marketing and exposure to gamers this really hurts. After a certain time you will just not notice that a new DLC has come out.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 27th 2018, 3:27am

Yeah the release cycle sure has been wonky for the last iterations of DICE shooters. Waiting 6 months for new content in the form of maps surely does not keep folks interested. However this existed in BF4 as well, where PC players received the SA maps 10 weeks later than console players. We did get the weapons though at the same time.

This has surely been the last BF where I bought premium from the start as well. I never had a problem with the concept before, I could always somewhat predict what content I will be getting and roughly when I will be getting it. In BF1 I had no real idea what was coming when and that bothered me a lot. Plus of course basically every DLC released when I had already lost most interest in this game. Had there been a regular three month schedule or less it might have been a little different, as maps and weapons keep even stale games fresh.

I think there is a psychological issue as well, even if Battlefront and BF are developed by different studios you get the vibe that one somehow tries to replace the other. This does not hold true for actual design I suppose, but for marketing and exposure to gamers this really hurts. After a certain time you will just not notice that a new DLC has come out.

I generally start burning out on a BF game around the time when the final DLC releases. With BF4 I really loved the final DLC, but I played very little of BF3s last DLC.

Whether you like a specific map or DLC pack is a very personal opinion (minus the objectively poorly designed/balanced maps) and so I generally expect that I will only really like a portion of the DLC. But I've generally just not liked ANY of the BF1 DLC after TNSP. Sure the weapons are nice, and I like the assault truck a lot. Neither of those things were worth a day-1 premium pass considering that they are basically giving them away now.

Basically, I think you are correct in saying that with BF1, they've demonstrated that the value of the season pass is not assured the way it was in BF3/BF4.

Date of registration
: Apr 29th 2018

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Monday, April 30th 2018, 3:15am

Getting bombed, surviving with less than 10hp then stumbling into barbed wire or fire. Basically an easily damaging environment.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, April 30th 2018, 8:33am

Finally getting to resupply my ammo at a crate after running around dry for a couple minutes... only to be shot while waiting for the crate to go through everything.

Guess I should have saved myself those couple minutes and just redeployed.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Monday, April 30th 2018, 4:15pm

Or, that's just part of the experience, and the only thing that needs to change is the ability to redeploy.
Who Enjoys, Wins

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,974)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Monday, April 30th 2018, 6:48pm

Not being able to redeploy for ammo when sometimes it's someone's last resort? Wow.

At least I can just jump off a building or let the enemy kill me. Not like I'd have the ammunition to shoot back.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,272)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, April 30th 2018, 10:27pm

What is it that is annoying you in that situation exactly? The order of how things are resupllied, the time it takes to resupply, or that there are too few ammo crates lying around for your liking?

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Monday, April 30th 2018, 11:52pm

Finally getting to resupply my ammo at a crate after running around dry for a couple minutes... only to be shot while waiting for the crate to go through everything.

Guess I should have saved myself those couple minutes and just redeployed.

The addition of unlimited weapon mag and then internal repair cycles for armor/planes are my two favourite quality of life things added in the modern battlefields.

Nothing worse than trying to chase down a support player in a FUCKING TANK in order to reload your main gun ammo, or running around the map looking for a commander crate because there was no commander, commander wasn't commanding, or was ignoring your call-ins.