Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 2:27am

Quoted

Well I had my say on all the mechanics that I do not like, or find inferior to the predecessors, but something I find really annoying and shameful is the total lack of any social or community features and the total anonymity of this game.

Since you need to run official settings to be eligible for quick match and since everybody only joins through there, along with the overabundance of official servers community servers are basically irrelevant. Before you would have a bunch of favourites to go to that have settings customizable to your liking, now there is basically only one mode and a default setting. That killed all these little communities and platoons where players with a similar mind met.
In BF3 and 4 I made 70 friends, usually through playing with them a few times on the same servers and getting to talking etc. or through here. The amount of friends earned in BF1 is zero. You are thrown into a random match with 63 other random people, and with the high fluctuation on the servers and the huge amount of servers you will rarely ever meet people more than once. And even then you probably will not remember the guy as the one that so precisely chucked grenades.
Works the other way around too, me and my mates had ongoing beefs with a couple of other players and we absolutely hated each others guts. I also met a lot of people that explicitly hated me for using the XM25 or RPGs on infantry. I am sure we all had that, and we showed our appreciation through chat, battlelog messages, comments on the clan page etc.

There is nothing similar left in BF1. Yeah you get the regular insults or praises, but that does not mean anything since it comes from anonymous people. That just enhances the irrelevant, random and generic feel the game has anyway. It just binds the player less to the game if social interaction is brought to a minimum. Despite not preferring ANY feature of this game over BF4, if my origin mates still played, or if I had some form of social ties or incentives for this game, I might still play.
Personally I have never used quick match in BF1, but I would love to see stats of total session time initiated by quick match vs server browser in BF1.

I also tend to keep it to myself in online gaming. The large number of players per team in typical BF rounds tend to diminish the presence of a particular players. But I can totally understand the sense of coMmunity with community servers in BF3 BF4. The fact that you might see some players again and again helps mitigate the effect of reduced player presence.

On the other hand, I believe games like Overwatch and LoL can actually have a community despite being quick match because of the lower number of players per team. There needs to be comms among randoms, a rare thing in BF pubs; and after an intense match you might find someone who works really well with you and you would add him to team up for another one.

BF1 is the worst of both worlds: matchmaking + no team interactions.

Personally, the only online friends that I have made was on Day of Defeat, with facilitators being community servers and relatively fewer (16v16 max) players per team.

Off topic but you really don't get people adding you in LoL because you worked well in tandem, but because you did good/better than the average player one particular round. If you decide to play another round and they or you don't end up having as good a performance as the previous round they'll just delete you from friends and that's it rofl.

Source: very few people (<10) who added me stuck through up and downs, in a 2 year period.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 4:51am

I definitely run into the same people fairly often when I select some of my preferred servers based on ping. I'm in a weird spot now where I get amazing download speeds but only modest pings to a specific set of BF servers (typically 50-60 ms).

The lack of community features and support is pretty unconscionable given that it's been part of the fabric of BF since 1942. But that goes well beyond mere annoyance. It is a fundamental flaw in the game.

I've made a handful of friends in BF1, but basically no persistent friends. But then I also notice that I've just been making fewer and fewer friends through games as time drags on so at least for me, it isn't exclusively because of the lack of community servers.

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 4:09pm

Honestly why would anyone use quickmatch? The only times I ever used it was back when Operations wasn't in the server browser but you could quick match into any currently running game. Maybe it's just that I'm on Aussie servers which aren't that numerous so my options are limited. On the plus side it does mean I run into the same players all the time. BF1 actually finally got me to squad up with someone I've been playing both with and against since BF4. We joke around about old matches we had back before we started talking and how he'd always be trying to C4 my MRAP.

While I think a lot of these community features should be in the game, I have to say on a personal level I don't miss them. I don't miss the clan stacking, the badmins booting me for killing them and I certainly don't miss half the damn playerbase being absorbed into those awful "mEtRo mAx TiX 24/7" servers. BF1 has introduced the best default servers yet with the "mixed" servers incorporating all the dlc, so I actually get to play the dlc maps regularly without having to go out of region. The gradual additions of free maps into the base rotation also makes default servers much better this time around as well.

NoctyrneSAGA

PvF 2017 Champion

(9,997)

Date of registration
: Apr 3rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 8:01pm

Honestly why would anyone use quickmatch?

Because I only play DICE official servers anyways?

I don't miss the clan stacking, the badmins booting me for killing them and I certainly don't miss half the damn playerbase being absorbed into those awful "mEtRo mAx TiX 24/7" servers.

All of my this.
Data Browser

Passive Spotting is the future!

With this, I'll rid MGO3 of infestation. Sans bad gameplay MGO3 will be torn asunder. And then it shall be free. People will suffer, of course - a phantom pain.

Reddit and Konami will rewrite the records... And I will be demonized in human memory. But... The thirst for good gameplay that I have planted will infest MGO3. No one can stop it now. The Rebalance Mod will unleash that thirst unto the future.

Are you a scrub?

If it flies, it dies™.

Date of registration
: Dec 7th 2011

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 11

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 9:32pm

Why not use quickmatch? The server browser doesn't give much information about the match in progress, and the quickmatcher will attempt to put you in a server that's just starting a match if one is available.

If you're not desperate to play on a specific map there's little reason to use the server browser over quickmatch. The only exception is during off peak times when quickmatch will just put you in empty servers and if you want to play you have to queue for the one server that has players.
bob

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 5:27pm

Why not use quickmatch? The server browser doesn't give much information about the match in progress, and the quickmatcher will attempt to put you in a server that's just starting a match if one is available.

If you're not desperate to play on a specific map there's little reason to use the server browser over quickmatch. The only exception is during off peak times when quickmatch will just put you in empty servers and if you want to play you have to queue for the one server that has players.

Exactly, Quickmatch is extremely effective in what it supposed to do. A quick way to get people into the mode they like, without the hassle of server rules, map restrictionse etc. You will have one gameplay experience that will never change.

It is so succesful though, and the lack of community features enhances this, that the people hosting their own servers with the maps they like on the settings they deem best get even less traffic and will therefore have a very hard time to create a similar buzz and attraction as in previous games. And one should not fool oneself, the 24/7 64p Argonne and Vaux servers are not gone either, and I am pretty sure there are a lot of fast vehicle spawn servers out there as well.

I will admit that finding an appropriate server for you was kind of hard work, since we thought 32p Conquest on maps without a zillion vehicles and some cover was the way the game is meant to be played, but the variety and sheer number of played servers made it possible for everyone to find a suitable game especially when in populated areas. That is mostly gone now, especially with the server browser information being rather limited.
Edit: However the main reason finding servers with the "best" maps in rotation was so hard, is not an issue with server browser over quickmatch, but the general flaw of the premium system which separated player groups with every DLC.

Another thing that ties into this and annoys me is matchmaking, although I am not sure if BF1 actually has this in Quick Match. What I really do not want in a game is to play with people that are only on my level. I want to play with everyone on both sides of the spectrum. This of course is no issue with a working server browser.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "VincentNZ" (Apr 25th 2018, 5:37pm)

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 12:56am

Honestly why would anyone use quickmatch? The only times I ever used it was back when Operations wasn't in the server browser but you could quick match into any currently running game. Maybe it's just that I'm on Aussie servers which aren't that numerous so my options are limited. On the plus side it does mean I run into the same players all the time. BF1 actually finally got me to squad up with someone I've been playing both with and against since BF4. We joke around about old matches we had back before we started talking and how he'd always be trying to C4 my MRAP.

While I think a lot of these community features should be in the game, I have to say on a personal level I don't miss them. I don't miss the clan stacking, the badmins booting me for killing them and I certainly don't miss half the damn playerbase being absorbed into those awful "mEtRo mAx TiX 24/7" servers. BF1 has introduced the best default servers yet with the "mixed" servers incorporating all the dlc, so I actually get to play the dlc maps regularly without having to go out of region. The gradual additions of free maps into the base rotation also makes default servers much better this time around as well.

While badmins and clan stacking were an issue, they were still the minority of servers. I can count the number of times I got badmined in each BF title; infuriating but largely inconsequential in 500-1500 hr of gameplay.

The 24/7 metro servers were a feature, they kept that sort of player from populating regular servers and constantly whining about tanks and air power.

The major losses of community servers: banning racist garbage, kicking obvious hackers, interesting custom map rotations, overall community participation, etc, etc are a net loss.

BeefVellington

The Real Yugas

(282)

Date of registration
: Feb 15th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 3:04am

Everything about how fire works in the game. You light up instantly and take a huge amount of damage along with incends having zero arm time practically.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 4:53am

Everything about how fire works in the game. You light up instantly and take a huge amount of damage along with incends having zero arm time practically.

This is so spot on, and yet I didn't even think of it.

Also, if your toe touches fire you burn.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Thursday, April 26th 2018, 8:18am

interesting custom map rotations

This is quite literally the only feature I miss. The toxic chat and hacker bits are irrelevant to console players like me, and there's nothing else I can think of about custom servers that I miss. I'd consider renting a server myself just for a custom rotation, if it wasn't for like 90% of the maps I like being in the base game (and the two DLC maps I like most coming to base game soon due to being in TSNP).
Who Enjoys, Wins