Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Thursday, April 19th 2018, 8:16am

I think Oscar is being facetious, Uri. . .

Battlefield 1 has its share of annoyances, but very few of them rarely turn out to be straight-up grievances. Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 had many more grievances, in that case. Battlefield 1 has been pretty great, for most intents and purposes.

However, the one thing, and just about the only thing, that really pissed me off with Battlefield 1 was when EA decided to release Battlefield 1: Revolution for $60 prior to the release of ITNOTT, TuTi, and Apocalypse. The problem here being the reduction of price of pending content without any sort of price match/refund for the "preorder" (which a season pass, Premium, essentially is). That was a major dick-slap to everybody that paid the full $130 for the exact same package. Just from that business fumble, I'm going to wait until perhaps Black Friday to buy the next Battlefield game, when it'll probably be down to $25-$30.

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 19th 2018, 3:52pm

I'd say most of this game's real problems are with the tanks. I suppose the time period made it difficult to make them interesting, but their fairly dull gameplay was only exacerbated by the spawn system and resulting boring meta. A WWII setting would imo provide probably the best possible period for interesting vehicle warfare, given the fact that tanks and armoured vehicles were ubiquitous but hadn't reached the point where every tank is basically the same which is what happens in a modern setting. WWII armoured vehicles have so much interesting variety, with bizarre trial and error as well as stop-gap solutions, particularly with regard to mobile artillery, AA and tank destroyer vehicles. Really looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

Or at least give me a sweet halftrack to cruise around in.

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Thursday, April 19th 2018, 5:42pm

+1 on the random server disconnects. Glad to see itís not my new router.
Server browser positively sucks.
Also a Front Lines fan. Thereís only one U.S. server I can find, so you wait to get in and take whatever map you find, or roll the dice with quick match and hope you donít end up on an empty server. Also need some new maps. FL TSNP appears dead. Either replace or just get rid of it.
The FL objective indicators are whacked. When youíre about to spawn, itíll show youíre just about to cap the objective when in fact itís the opposite.
+1 on the attack planes being OP. In operations, a good pilot can just about single-handedly hold an objective, and firing on them with infantry weapons is pretty much suicide. That plus the seeming abandonment of Front Lines are my biggest annoyances.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Friday, April 20th 2018, 12:44am

I'd say most of this game's real problems are with the tanks. I suppose the time period made it difficult to make them interesting, but their fairly dull gameplay was only exacerbated by the spawn system and resulting boring meta. A WWII setting would imo provide probably the best possible period for interesting vehicle warfare, given the fact that tanks and armoured vehicles were ubiquitous but hadn't reached the point where every tank is basically the same which is what happens in a modern setting. WWII armoured vehicles have so much interesting variety, with bizarre trial and error as well as stop-gap solutions, particularly with regard to mobile artillery, AA and tank destroyer vehicles. Really looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

Or at least give me a sweet halftrack to cruise around in.

Good balance with asymmetric vehicle performance, and especially factional locking of vehicles, is very hard to pull off in the battlefield context. Traditionally, it hasn't been well executed in BF games.

I have a strong suspicion we won't see any funky tanks but rather just T-34, Mk IV, Sherman on most maps, which are all pretty much close enough they can be averaged with little loss to historicity. And then only a few maps in a DLC package with a rare heavy vs heavy tank (IS2 vs tiger or somesuch).

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Friday, April 20th 2018, 1:07pm

Everything that kills me unless it was directly my fault.

That's a terrible attitude, and exactly why Tic-Tac-Toe is an awful game.

Rewarding a player for doing something right (in this case, doing an action that kills you) is always the most important thing.

Like someone else pointed out, my comment wasn't serious.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, April 20th 2018, 8:10pm

Like someone else pointed out, my comment wasn't serious.

Yeah my bad, my sarcasm meter was broken at the time. :S
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Mar 4th 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 2

Sunday, April 22nd 2018, 11:05pm

Puhlease give us anothe fucking FL server in North America!

Thereís only one. Thereís always a queue and when the waits finally over, youíre on a team where players are queuing because we theyíre getting their ass kicked.

Teams that are obviously comprised of VOIPed-up squads where everyone 140/50 dominate the server all day long. Win or lose, playing a round of FL where one side doesnít capture a single flag and lasts less than 10 minutes is as fun as watching paint dry

VincentNZ

Holy War? No Thanks.

(2,282)

Date of registration
: Jul 25th 2013

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Monday, April 23rd 2018, 12:10pm

Well I had my say on all the mechanics that I do not like, or find inferior to the predecessors, but something I find really annoying and shameful is the total lack of any social or community features and the total anonymity of this game.

Since you need to run official settings to be eligible for quick match and since everybody only joins through there, along with the overabundance of official servers community servers are basically irrelevant. Before you would have a bunch of favourites to go to that have settings customizable to your liking, now there is basically only one mode and a default setting. That killed all these little communities and platoons where players with a similar mind met.
In BF3 and 4 I made 70 friends, usually through playing with them a few times on the same servers and getting to talking etc. or through here. The amount of friends earned in BF1 is zero. You are thrown into a random match with 63 other random people, and with the high fluctuation on the servers and the huge amount of servers you will rarely ever meet people more than once. And even then you probably will not remember the guy as the one that so precisely chucked grenades.
Works the other way around too, me and my mates had ongoing beefs with a couple of other players and we absolutely hated each others guts. I also met a lot of people that explicitly hated me for using the XM25 or RPGs on infantry. I am sure we all had that, and we showed our appreciation through chat, battlelog messages, comments on the clan page etc.

There is nothing similar left in BF1. Yeah you get the regular insults or praises, but that does not mean anything since it comes from anonymous people. That just enhances the irrelevant, random and generic feel the game has anyway. It just binds the player less to the game if social interaction is brought to a minimum. Despite not preferring ANY feature of this game over BF4, if my origin mates still played, or if I had some form of social ties or incentives for this game, I might still play.

Date of registration
: Jun 24th 2012

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Monday, April 23rd 2018, 11:15pm

Attacking teams not Attacking is shit.
You have just read a Post by The World Champion and now feel smarter for doing so.
-------
Cham∑pi∑on
noun \ňącham-pńď-…ôn\

1 : Warrior, Fighter
2 : a militant advocate or defender <a champion of civil rights>
3 : one that does battle for another's rights or honor <God will raise me up a champion ó Sir Walter Scott>
4 : a winner of first prize or first place in competition; also : one who shows marked superiority <The champion of the World>

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Battlelog:

Tuesday, April 24th 2018, 1:52am

Quoted

Well I had my say on all the mechanics that I do not like, or find inferior to the predecessors, but something I find really annoying and shameful is the total lack of any social or community features and the total anonymity of this game.

Since you need to run official settings to be eligible for quick match and since everybody only joins through there, along with the overabundance of official servers community servers are basically irrelevant. Before you would have a bunch of favourites to go to that have settings customizable to your liking, now there is basically only one mode and a default setting. That killed all these little communities and platoons where players with a similar mind met.
In BF3 and 4 I made 70 friends, usually through playing with them a few times on the same servers and getting to talking etc. or through here. The amount of friends earned in BF1 is zero. You are thrown into a random match with 63 other random people, and with the high fluctuation on the servers and the huge amount of servers you will rarely ever meet people more than once. And even then you probably will not remember the guy as the one that so precisely chucked grenades.
Works the other way around too, me and my mates had ongoing beefs with a couple of other players and we absolutely hated each others guts. I also met a lot of people that explicitly hated me for using the XM25 or RPGs on infantry. I am sure we all had that, and we showed our appreciation through chat, battlelog messages, comments on the clan page etc.

There is nothing similar left in BF1. Yeah you get the regular insults or praises, but that does not mean anything since it comes from anonymous people. That just enhances the irrelevant, random and generic feel the game has anyway. It just binds the player less to the game if social interaction is brought to a minimum. Despite not preferring ANY feature of this game over BF4, if my origin mates still played, or if I had some form of social ties or incentives for this game, I might still play.
Personally I have never used quick match in BF1, but I would love to see stats of total session time initiated by quick match vs server browser in BF1.

I also tend to keep it to myself in online gaming. The large number of players per team in typical BF rounds tend to diminish the presence of a particular players. But I can totally understand the sense of coMmunity with community servers in BF3 BF4. The fact that you might see some players again and again helps mitigate the effect of reduced player presence.

On the other hand, I believe games like Overwatch and LoL can actually have a community despite being quick match because of the lower number of players per team. There needs to be comms among randoms, a rare thing in BF pubs; and after an intense match you might find someone who works really well with you and you would add him to team up for another one.

BF1 is the worst of both worlds: matchmaking + no team interactions.

Personally, the only online friends that I have made was on Day of Defeat, with facilitators being community servers and relatively fewer (16v16 max) players per team.