Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Monday, April 16th 2018, 6:13pm

Is there anything about BF1 that still annoys you?

While I love this game there are a few problems that I wish were fixed and I'm curious what other problems people can point out.

1. Biggest for me as a console player is that there is no way to have sticky aim assist on infantry but not on vehicles, so several times a round I have to change the setting. Trying to fight in close range without it is a massive handicap, particularly with sidearms, but trying to hit anything with any vehicle MG is a nightmare with the setting turned on. The game deliberately drags your aim away from the target and slows your aim in an incredibly inconsistent fashion, making what are normally very precise weapons into absolute trash against long range moving targets. I really wish they would separate these settings. (or hey, here's a bright idea, just add a setting to make all vehicle aiming sensitivity the same as your infantry setting instead of it being wildly inconsistent).

2. Attack planes are still absurdly durable considering their speed and the effect they can have on the ground battle. Fighters and Bombers are fine, but seriously, can we at least try the "attack planes have less health and can actually be killed" meta that pilots seem to dread so much? Much like what was needed with attack jets in BF4, can we at least try a version of the game where they are underpowered for once and see if it is really all that bad? If a pilot flies slowly over a group of infantry they deserve to get shot down. Period.

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Platform: PC

Reputation modifier: 8

Monday, April 16th 2018, 8:45pm

Ugly "official" servers system. Getting random "lost connection to server" annoys like HELL. Can play 24/7 in BF4 but getting this trash 1-3 times per 6hrs session in BF1. Very annoying rubberbanding included. Dunno where EA "german" servers are located, I suspect that they're placed in some random swamp. No offense to Germany itself, just EA that could make trash of anything.
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Tuesday, April 17th 2018, 1:56am

You know what irks me? You know the "native chatter" you hear from teammates in action? On one of the Russian maps one side has the cockney English sound files instead of the Russian ones...

And while Attackers are a PITA, since I discovered how to AA Rocket Gun they go down pretty fast on their strafing runs... But like any other Assault I hate sacrificing my standard rocket and I hate trying to chase down a support for resupply (which is never around when you need it) so it's usually preferable to find a Pom-Pom instead -- Or at least it would be if enemies weren't so used to staying out of range or bombing/sniping the Pom-Pom...

As an aside, since DICE put them in the game, it would be nice if the elite classes were a bit more common than they are, especially the tank hunter class...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "botafogo4life" (Apr 17th 2018, 2:04am)

• "Hau_ruck" started this thread

Date of registration
: Dec 3rd 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Tuesday, April 17th 2018, 5:31am

If you want to clean up with elites go get the tank hunter on zeebrugge. As someone who has been both the perpetrator and victim of this weapon I'd say it shouldn't be on that map. You can just sit at A flag and kill everything on the map. As defenders you can pretty much singlehandedly shut down the attacking team.

Date of registration
: Jun 23rd 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 12

Tuesday, April 17th 2018, 11:20am

The server system and the resulting lack of 32 and 48 player conquest servers. 40p Operations are a bit of a band aid, but they're still more chaotic and frantic than aforementioned conquest sizes and are necessarily asymmetric.
Zormau - Battlelog / Battlefield 4

Memorable quotes not taken yet:

Of course, this ignores the non-constant cross-sectional first moment of area across the chest as well as non-constant material properties of the boob; it would be difficult to perform a more detailed analysis (as in, I'd have to have a shape function AND I'd need to derive a function for elastic modulus as a function of lateral breast coordinate) but whatever. It's 2am and I'm lazy.

I always believed science should be very hands on experience.

You should also answer this question I had posed in that thread: Would you be willing to pay your surgeon more if he was going to use a chainsaw for the opening incision of surgery? Clearly using a chainsaw isn't truly suited for surgery but that doesn't really matter. If he's "skilled" enough to be able to use the wrong tools of the trade, he should be rewarded for that skill right?

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Tuesday, April 17th 2018, 5:35pm

BF1 is a fantastic.game and my fav BF... But
Invisible player bug

Fire grenad is extremely annoying
Sweetspot
Artillery
Sinai on Frontlines
Slippery rocks and grenades spam at Argonne
Barely got any more Frontlines maps

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Wednesday, April 18th 2018, 2:10am

Things I really don't like:

-Vehicle slot system is garbage.

-Bunch of irrelevant/unbalanced vehicles.

- Implementation of elite classes seems very arbitrary, and it's not a satisfying experience. Flamethrower just sucks ass.

- Glitchy vaulting (maybe the 4th time they will get it right?)

- Poor map dynamics: Sinai being one of the worst offenders. But really, most of them are pretty unexceptional, and quite literally flat.

- Poor point rewards for repair-assisting vehicles. Without the dedicated repair/gunner meta from prior titles that role is very unrewarding despite being very powerful.

- Attack plane with competent tail gunner is simply overpowered, it's the BF3 uberflare attack helicopter all over again. A competent attack plane pilot can prevent a fighter from quickly gaining on the tail, which means the gunner wittles the fighter away to dangerously low health before it's even in a position to engage. Your only hope is dumping anti-bomber rockets on them.

Date of registration
: Jan 28th 2018

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Wednesday, April 18th 2018, 8:51am

A lot.

- vehicles - sweet spot - maps are made for operations and it makes other game modes less even - team balancing - strong aim assist on console - lag - getting killed around corners - party system and menus - grenade spam - hero classes - boring lmg smg recoil and spread patters (bf4 felt a lot better) - loading screen times - no practice range - less weapon customization - stationary aa - flag burn areas are small - bayonet - slow player animations like gas mask - environmental fire or barb wire - horses

What I did like
- when you did get in a party with friends it was fun - when you have good medics - when team does their job and help push - those moments when you pull off a kill feed or claw your way back from a losing game - large player count - didn't have bf4 launch problems - plenty dlc weapons - sniping never been easier (ok this is a love hate one) - took a chance on a ww1 setting(even tho it's more of a ww2 game) In the end more fun then hardline but less fun then what I remember in bf4.

Oscar

Sona tank jungle

(1,948)

Date of registration
: May 30th 2012

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 19

Wednesday, April 18th 2018, 9:12pm

Everything that kills me unless it was directly my fault.
Bro of Legion, the lurker ninja mod | Tesla FTW | RNG is evil.

Quoted from "MsMuchLove"

I find majority of the complaints I hear about this game somehow never appear in my games.

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 15

Thursday, April 19th 2018, 6:17am

Everything that kills me unless it was directly my fault.

That's a terrible attitude, and exactly why Tic-Tac-Toe is an awful game.

Rewarding a player for doing something right (in this case, doing an action that kills you) is always the most important thing.
Who Enjoys, Wins