Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Thursday, April 12th 2018, 6:51am

what other gadgets would even disrupt a medic train?

Bombing downed players with AoEs (lingering ones are especially good).

People make grenade and explosives sound like a bad thing.

Then they complain when they don't have solutions to problems like medic trains.

As long as BF devs are committed to making chokepoint/close quarters maps in their games (and they are, because there have been some in every game to date), there is really a maximum amount of explosive spam that is tolerable, and I think BF1 is basically at that maximum. Any more explosives, and who cares about medic trains when nobody can even pass through a choke-point, period?

I've also never, ever seen a BF3-style medic train in a BF1 round. The only time I've seen mass revives is when a bomber or attack plane or dreadnought blasts a friendly controlled flag and medics can pick-up a whole gaggled of people in effectively perfect safety.

Date of registration
: Sep 19th 2012

Platform: PS3

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 9

Thursday, April 12th 2018, 10:27pm

I've also never, ever seen a BF3-style medic train in a BF1 round. The only time I've seen mass revives is when a bomber or attack plane or dreadnought blasts a friendly controlled flag and medics can pick-up a whole gaggled of people in effectively perfect safety.

+1... Given the fact that the math in conquest has changed to give more weight to objectives, less points for revives, less opportunities to revive in safety, more dead players opting out, and given that a surprising number of medic don't even equip the Bullshark Testosterone needle or don't revive me when I'm 5m away in total safety, I daresay revives are in a mostly good place because the reward is less and the risk is greater... If the Medic was that much of a gamebreaker I'd see a lot more people running it -- But on most maps it seems a distant third to the Assault (LOL Hellreigel) and Support

And for all the bitching and moaning about suppression in BF3, unlimited revives at 100% were by far the most broken mechanic because no matter the situation or danger most medics saw a free instant 200 points and it also encouraged really stupidly aggressive suicidal gameplay with no detriment to their KDR whatsoever (This was compounded even worse by the Assault class having far and away the best weapons in its arsenal)... We all know that dude from BF3 Metro max tickets who would go like 65-20 even though his name was always in the deathfeed and you probably killed him 20 times by yourself...

If we're gonna tweak something, for the love of God make it the vehicle spawn system...

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Thursday, April 12th 2018, 10:46pm

I think the issue is more that with the exception of the AT weapons and planted explosives, the other class gadgets are just weak. The flares are amazing, but with only two you need to do a lot of resupply micromanagement. The support gadgets in BF have traditionally just been pretty weak overall, etc.

Even though I admittedly hated it at first, I'm glad to see at least a couple of classes (Scout+Support) have a co-dependent relationship (resupply flares for mortar spotting)

On Frontlines/Operations, the mortar can rape, especially when enemies bunch up in trenches... And sleep on the trench periscope at your own peril -- Probably the most under-rated equipment in the game. I'll agree that the blinding flare is 100% useless and the rifle smoke grenade redundant when you can stock two regular smoke grenades and the grenade crossbow only good for Fort Vaux mainly...

But I'll be brutally honest and say I was expecting the equipment to be much, much worse given that we're working with WWI era technology....

Date of registration
: Mar 19th 2014

Platform: Xbox One

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 16

Friday, April 13th 2018, 2:05am

the rifle smoke grenade redundant when you can stock two regular smoke grenades

Clearly you haven't experienced the wonder that is Medic with Smoke RG, Smoke Grenades, and Concealed Rescue. Toss in Stimulant Syringe for good measure too. One of the single most powerful loadouts in the game.
Who Enjoys, Wins

Date of registration
: Jun 9th 2012

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Friday, April 13th 2018, 5:27am

I think the biggest problem is the man-down time being extended to almost infinity. Basically there is no point in distracting and delaying the enemy medic so he cannot revive the guy that you just killed. A medic can simply undo everything you and your team did if his team wins the engagement. Other than that, I do not have any problem with the revive and heal mechanics.

On the other hand, I certainly love the suggestion that medics cannot revive a dead body which is "suppressed". This will certainly alleviate the mindless revives by stupid medics, which get themselves killed and the revive can't escape death either.

Date of registration

Battlelog:

Friday, April 13th 2018, 2:45pm

the rifle smoke grenade redundant when you can stock two regular smoke grenades

Clearly you haven't experienced the wonder that is Medic with Smoke RG, Smoke Grenades, and Concealed Rescue. Toss in Stimulant Syringe for good measure too. One of the single most powerful loadouts in the game.

Maybe I'll try it sometime if I ever unlock Concealed Rescue+Stimulant Syringe... :S

And just how much smoke do you need, anyway? You're gonna drop the lag bomb on the whole server!

Date of registration
: Jan 28th 2018

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Saturday, April 14th 2018, 10:05pm

I think EA actually has taken the medic class and gone in the right direction for once. The medic guns have the best balance and offer a lot of options from close to far ranges and even ease of use. They can hold their own against easier to use classes like assault and support while not making those classes look like a terrible choice.

The 100% revives do have some problems though I agree. A 50% revive and then 100% for full charge would make the class more balanced. If you also keep the current cool down mechanic between the first two revives and the third to slow down the mass revives just enough. The syringe is easily the strongest gadget in the game and should be. It's hard to argue against something that can bring back a team of flankers or bring back support on an objective. The only problem with a 50% revive I can see is how popular frag spam is in this game. Not allowing revives of someone who died by head shot would also help.

The problem of looking at class usage stats is we don't know how many of those medics even carry both med and syringe or even if those medics being used are good. I hate having fought to a downed medic and revived him only to see him throw a med crate then shoot his rifle grenades and then run away to look for more or even more likely die right after. I guess it's nice in a way that not only did they make medic harder to play in some ways but also that they made it easier to play worse.

Sure medics can still dominate in some game modes or under the right circumstances but I think they are far more well balanced then in bf4 or 3.