Welcome to symthic forums! We would love if you'd register!
You don't have to be expert in bit baking, everyone is more than welcome to join our community.

You are not logged in.

Hey! If this is your first visit on symthic.com, also check out our weapon damage charts.
Currently we have charts for Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, Medal of Honor: Warfighter and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Date of registration
: Dec 24th 2011

Platform: PC

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 10

Sunday, March 18th 2018, 9:10am

Well, I'd be a tad disappointed if Medic and Support get no further love. There's been too much catering towards Assault few quite a few consecutive titles now, and perhaps now Scout in Battlefield 1. Hell, there's not even "Deluxe Edition" versions of select vanilla Medic and Support guns. I'm sure you'd love some sort of special Huot Low Weight that commemorates Canada's, or a specific squad/platoon/battalion/company/whatnot of such, war efforts, Uri. Although, to be completely fair, those are really just for flaunting at players that most likely don't have them. Almost pointless, in a sense. Almost.

I'm actually a bit confident that we'll eventually get more new guns, but for right now, it's just MUCH easier to create new variants for the DLC guns that only have a single variant. And these new variants are pretty dope, if I say so myself. Battlefield 2018 is still over half of a year away.

The straight-pull bolt of the Gewehr M.95 and Ross MkIII actually kind of devalues the Infantry (and somewhat Carbine) variants of such. For instance, the Ross MkIII Infantry and Marksman really have the same ADS rate of fire. However, with the SMLE MkIII Infantry and Marksman, the latter requires one to endure an extra 300 milliseconds between aimed shots, and the chambering of the next round, which requires you to drop your scope, may make you lose your target when you're aimed back in.

Ross MkIII Marksman time between ADS shots: 0.952666... seconds

SMLE MkIII Marksman time between ADS shots: 1.432666... seconds

As you can see, the Ross MkIII Marksman literally has a 50% higher ADS rate of fire than the SMLE MkIII Marksman, and it doesn't suffer the same potential issue with target reacquisition.

Of course, so many people want an Infantry variant of every single manual-action rifle, and that's understandable due to the WW1 theme. Nonetheless, that doesn't always make Infantry variants overly practical gameplay choices. The much-requested M1903 Infantry, without being merged with the M1903 Experimental as originally planned, would be quite laughable. Likewise, a Ross MkIII Sniper would have been awesome, considering that whatever praise the actual thing gets is mostly pointed towards its stellar accuracy along with the amazing ballistics of the .280 Ross cartridge (which was mostly used in civilian versions). I would have loved a .280 Ross sniper rifle with a straight-pull bolt, bipod, 81 flat damage at all ranges, 60 rounds per minute, 880 m/s muzzle velocity, and a 0.002 drag coefficient. That would make for a nasty bush wookie rifle, even if I usually don't condone such a play style.

• "LeGarcon" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Platform: PS4

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Sunday, March 18th 2018, 11:04am

I mostly want it because I hate all the Marksman variants. They feel so useless.

Such a weak scope and no bipod makes shooting at serious distances a pain and the distances where the scope is helpful are close enough to where I can just eyeball it with iron sights anyway. So the way I see it you might as well take the Infantry version and not hurt yourself in close range with the scope.

Date of registration
: Jan 12th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 14

Tuesday, March 20th 2018, 12:13am

To go back to the original question: my money is squarely that these guns will be released exactly how the 300-kill variants were rolled out the last time we got new variant toys. In fact, I would be shocked if it wasn't a similar kill-grind with the factory variant to get these new variants.

Date of registration
: Oct 31st 2017

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 1

Sunday, May 13th 2018, 9:47am

Machinepistol M1912 experimental is so good, but no one talks about it? hope new weapon data would be release soon:))

Date of registration
: Dec 20th 2016

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 4

Sunday, May 13th 2018, 12:57pm

Machinepistol M1912 experimental is so good, but no one talks about it? hope new weapon data would be release soon:))
Yup. I think its fantastic as well. Powerful and more consistent than the base model.

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2017

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 13th 2018, 3:26pm

Yup. I think its fantastic as well. Powerful and more consistent than the base model.

I’m just anxiously waiting for the Symthic stats to be updated for all the new guns!

Date of registration
: Dec 18th 2017

Battlelog:

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 9:09pm

Is this site no longer supporting BF1?
Tomorrow makes 2 weeks since the weapon crate update, with no new stats. Just curious!

Date of registration
: Jun 21st 2012

Reputation modifier: 9

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 11:47pm

Is this site no longer supporting BF1?
Tomorrow makes 2 weeks since the weapon crate update, with no new stats. Just curious!
From other thread:

This update happened just when people (inc. me) are busy and/or on vacations and holidays and such, and sadly I still can't give you any ETA. Hopefully soon™.

(In my defence: This is not because I have been slow, but I am missing something crucial that is give the stats ^^ )
Thread link
Sorry for my bad english - it's not my native language and I have difficulties with acquiring speaking/writing practice in my country. If I accidently insult you or say something wrong - I'm sorry, you can feel free to correct me.

• "LeGarcon" started this thread

Date of registration
: Jun 6th 2014

Battlelog:

Reputation modifier: 7

Monday, May 21st 2018, 2:42am

Hooray

Miffyli

Symthic Developer

(6,841)

Date of registration
: Mar 21st 2013

Reputation modifier: 17

Monday, May 21st 2018, 5:23pm

I apologize for the lack of updates. We will update the site when we can though! I have not abandoned Symthic ^^. If I ever will, I will make an announcement about it.
Links to users' thread list who have made analytical/statistical/mathematical/cool posts on Symthic:
  • 3VerstsNorth - Analysis of game mechanics in BF4 (tickrates, effects of tickrate, etc)
  • InterimAegis - Weapon comparisons/scoring.
  • leptis - Analysis of shotguns, recoil, recoil control and air drag.
  • Veritable - Scoring of BF4/BF1 firearms in terms of usability, firing and other mechanics.
  • pmax - Statistical analysis of BF4 players/games.
  • Miffyli - Random statistical analysis of BF4 battlereports/players and kill-distances. (list is cluttered with other threads).
Sorry if your name wasn't on the list, I honestly can't recall all names : ( . Nudge me if you want to be included